Windows 10: "System" process using CPU after computer is idle for a few minutes. Always thread...

Discus and support "System" process using CPU after computer is idle for a few minutes. Always thread... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Dell XPS 15 7590 i9Windows 10 Pro 20H2OS build - 19042.804 \"System\" process using CPU resources during idle. I've been having this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MiWiFoto, Feb 25, 2021.

1. "System" process using CPU after computer is idle for a few minutes. Always thread...

"System" process using CPU after computer is idle for a few minutes. Always thread... E2Z7Uw3MrmE0aZKMnacQd4Ig8AIMC5ffRbWeKwDZhWw.jpg

Dell XPS 15 7590 i9Windows 10 Pro 20H2OS build - 19042.804

\"System\" process using CPU resources during idle.

I've been having this issue since I can remember, it's very frustrating, whenever I leave my laptop for a few minutes I come back to it with the fan running intensely up until (most of the time) when I move the mouse or login from the lock screen. Using process explorer I've pinpointed it to being the "System" and the following thread:

"ntoskrnl.exe!SeAccessCheckWithHint+0x1c620"

ntoskrnl.exe!SeAccessCheckWithHint+0x1c620 using CPU when computer is idle

I've tried a number of things, from uninstalling any intel/dell automatic update programs, stopping services from 3rd party apps. There is nothing suspicious that I can see in task scheduler.

https://preview.redd.it/jd7ugnx68mj...bp&s=b2c7827c93bb2acaba477d51601be38c61d4740c

Any ideas what this could be related to?

submitted by /u/MiWiFoto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MiWiFoto, Feb 25, 2021

2. System Idle Process CPU Allocation?

Hi,

I am Sumit, an Independent advisor and a Microsoft MVP here to help.

System Idle Process, as the name suggests is a process that indicates CPU is idle and is not being used, aka is at rest. This is done to totalize CPU usage to 100 between the processes.

So you do not have to worry about anything.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 25, 2021
  3. LemP Win User
    System idle process spike

Although you may have a problem that is causing fps drops, "System Idle Process" isn't what's causing it.

When "CPU usage" for System Idle Process is high, that means that your CPU is not doing much useful work.

Idle, noun:

• not working or active; unemployed; doing nothing: idle workers.
    • not spent or filled with activity: idle hours.
    When System Idle Process shows as 30%, what's taking up the majority of the rest of the CPU cycles? That's probably the source of the problem.

4. "System" process using CPU after computer is idle for a few minutes. Always thread...

High CPU usage of System process when idle

The System process uses amost a whole thread of CPU after PC is idle for a few minutes, and stops using CPU as far as I do something such as moving mouse or pressing keyboards.

I tried to see the CPU usage per thread of System process by using a process explorer running in admin, pressing enter to call the "properties" window after System process began to use CPU, then trying to see threads' cpu usage result. The result was almost
    the same each time I do this:

"System" process using CPU after computer is idle for a few minutes. Always thread... 33ea9cb1-d9df-43e0-be06-1e13ce5d6bab?upload=true.png

My windows 10 version is Windows 10 1909 18363.1016

My PC has an aggressive fan control settings and System process using too much CPU when idle is causing my fan making noises. I want to know if this high CPU usage for System process is an expected behavior or not. If it's expected, is there any way to control
    such behavior; if it's not, what can I do to investigate this issue.

Thanks in advance

永刚李1, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

"System" process using CPU after computer is idle for a few minutes. Always thread...

1. "System" process using CPU after computer is idle for a few minutes. Always thread... - Similar Threads - System process using

2. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Idle Process high cpu: Lately my pc lagging alot And I checked it In task manager And I found System Idle Process get high cpu can you pls help me to solve it I reset the pc but still the same isue...
  3. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process high cpu: Lately my pc lagging alot And I checked it In task manager And I found System Idle Process get high cpu can you pls help me to solve it I reset the pc but still the same isue...
  4. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "System" process using CPU after PC is idle for approximately 10 minutes. Always the same...

"System" process using CPU after PC is idle for approximately 10 minutes. Always the same...: "System" process after 10 minutes of being idleI don't know if this is a issue or something normal but its really frustrating, after 10 minutes of my PC being idle the "System" process will start using approximately 5-6% of the CPU and it would stay like that forever until i...
  6. “System” process uses 30%cpu when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “System” process uses 30%cpu when idle: Sometimes the “system” process ( not to be confused with system idle process) will start to use 30% cpu when idle for about 5 minutes. Once I move my mouse, it stops. If I leave it takes about 20 minutes before it stops. I remember I did a complete Windows reinstall (deleted...
  7. ntoskrnl System process using high CPU when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ntoskrnl System process using high CPU when idle: Everytime I left my PC idle for around 10 minutes it causes the System process in Task Manager to go up as much as 60-70% in CPU usage. Once I move the mouse again or do some sort of movement it stops and CPU usage goes back to normal. When I right click the System process...
  8. System process always uses 30% CPU.

System process always uses 30% CPU.: Hello All, For some reason the CPU usage by System process is always at 30%. It never goes down, Even if I reboot the system the usage will stay normal some time and then the system Process will start using the CPU at 30% again. My laptop Model is HP OMEN CE073TX OS -...
  9. Computer freezes when idle a few minutes

Computer freezes when idle a few minutes: HP Laptop with Windows 10 Operating system freezes or locks up when sitting idle for a few minutes. First noticed while watching Netflix, video was stuck and there was a buzzing noise. Trying changing browsers, no difference. Next happened while listening to Pandora. Now have...
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...