Windows 10: System processes uses so much cpu power

Discus and support System processes uses so much cpu power in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, please take a look at this screenshot. What are they for and why do they use so much of my CPU? And, is it possible to get rid of them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yonatan Epstein, Sep 4, 2020.

1. System processes uses so much cpu power

Hi, please take a look at this screenshot.

What are they for and why do they use so much of my CPU? And, is it possible to get rid of them?

Device: Surface Book 3 i7 ver.

System processes uses so much cpu power 06c4011a-65b9-45de-9de9-c1f99feb6bf4?upload=true.png

Thanks.

:)

Yonatan Epstein, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Sep 4, 2020
  3. System Idle Process CPU Allocation?

Hi,

I am Sumit, an Independent advisor and a Microsoft MVP here to help.

System Idle Process, as the name suggests is a process that indicates CPU is idle and is not being used, aka is at rest. This is done to totalize CPU usage to 100 between the processes.

So you do not have to worry about anything.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 4, 2020
  4. BillMiner Win User

System processes uses so much cpu power

Process name "SYSTEM using 33 - 39% CPU

My laptop is at windows 10 version 1607. I just received an update -Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176495). Immediately upon restart I noted that process name "SYSTEM" was using 33 - 39% CPU. I uninstalled this update
    and my process named SYSTEM settled right down . Has anyone else noted this issue? Any suggestions? This update is once again queued in my updates.

BillMiner, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

System processes uses so much cpu power

1. System processes uses so much cpu power - Similar Threads - System processes uses

2. Why is PhotoService.exe using so much CPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is PhotoService.exe using so much CPU?: Why is the PhotoService.exe running and using a high level of CPU? Can I disable or delete it? Why is it necessary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-photoserviceexe-using-so-much-cpu/e2095fa8-d8c4-41b1-8080-45b0edba767a
  3. Why is PhotoService.exe using so much CPU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is PhotoService.exe using so much CPU?: Why is the PhotoService.exe running and using a high level of CPU? Can I disable or delete it? Why is it necessary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-photoserviceexe-using-so-much-cpu/e2095fa8-d8c4-41b1-8080-45b0edba767a
  4. windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram: windows power shell randomly starts few windows then disappears after less than a second and in task manger it shows 3 processes that are using 1.17 GB of rami have an I5 9 and rx580...
  5. windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram

windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram: windows power shell randomly starts few windows then disappears after less than a second and in task manger it shows 3 processes that are using 1.17 GB of rami have an I5 9 and rx580...
  6. windows 1 System Process uses to much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 1 System Process uses to much CPU: How do I stop high system CPU usage. My old computer showed 0-5 % at Idle.Device name Warlie Processor IntelR PentiumR Gold 7505 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.64 GB usable Device ID 84DF4FA8-D356-4613-91DB-421C7949B2E0 Product ID 00342-20811-92675-AAOEM System...
  7. windows 1 System Process uses to much CPU

windows 1 System Process uses to much CPU: How do I stop high system CPU usage. My old computer showed 0-5 % at Idle.Device name Warlie Processor IntelR PentiumR Gold 7505 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.64 GB usable Device ID 84DF4FA8-D356-4613-91DB-421C7949B2E0 Product ID 00342-20811-92675-AAOEM System...
  8. Windows Using so Much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Using so Much CPU: soo my problem is windows 7 and windows 10 is using sooooo much ram when i was using any program simple the windows programs it is good no High CPU usage when i turned on minecraft it give 100% cpu usage i thought i have to upgrade my cpu processor or ram i upgraded it now...
  9. Windows Using so Much CPU

Windows Using so Much CPU: soo my problem is windows 7 and windows 10 is using sooooo much ram when i was using any program simple the windows programs it is good no High CPU usage when i turned on minecraft it give 100% cpu usage i thought i have to upgrade my cpu processor or ram i upgraded it now...
  10. Why is Local Security Authority Process lsass.exe using so much CPU and memory?

Why is Local Security Authority Process lsass.exe using so much CPU and memory?: Whenever I use my laptop Dell XPS 13 9300, lsass.exe uses a ton of my memory and CPU, to the point that my fans are always going at maximum speed. I've found a couple other forum posts about this issue both here and on other websites, and none of the help they gave me has...