Windows 10: System processntoskrnl.exe Using CPU after connecting HDD

Discus and support System processntoskrnl.exe Using CPU after connecting HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For many days I had a problem that my System process using my CPU 100%. I tried a few different techniques for ending that methodBy changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ankush Daharwal, Dec 2, 2020.

1. System processntoskrnl.exe Using CPU after connecting HDD

For many days I had a problem that my System process using my CPU 100%. I tried a few different techniques for ending that methodBy changing the registry, disabling services.msc, etc but I was not able to stop that process.

I finally decided to go for SSD and brought SSD for my system. I booted my laptop with my recovery drivethought this could solve my problem but the problem remains as it is.

Today, I just disconnected my hard drive from my laptop harddrive is in CD driver's place and SSD is replaced with harddrive. and I was able to see that my system is working properly, but as I connect my hard drive back I can see the system process again start using my CPU. I tried connecting and disconnecting my harddrive but whenever I connect my hard drive my system start using my CPU.

I'm very much tired because of this system. Please help me with this.

:)

Ankush Daharwal, Dec 2, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 2, 2020
  4. System processntoskrnl.exe Using CPU after connecting HDD

HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

System processntoskrnl.exe Using CPU after connecting HDD

1. System processntoskrnl.exe Using CPU after connecting HDD - Similar Threads - System processntoskrnl exe

2. Connected HDD Slowing down System ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected HDD Slowing down System ...: I have 2 M2 SSD s one with the Windows 11 the other one is for games. I have 2 external HDDs for more games and stuff, when i connect them there are times the OS goes very laggy FPS drops in games and in the system ... The same issue i had on Windows 10 too.If i disconnect...
  3. Connected HDD Slowing down System ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected HDD Slowing down System ...: I have 2 M2 SSD s one with the Windows 11 the other one is for games. I have 2 external HDDs for more games and stuff, when i connect them there are times the OS goes very laggy FPS drops in games and in the system ... The same issue i had on Windows 10 too.If i disconnect...
  4. 100% disk use or cpu use after factory reset and a new hdd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk use or cpu use after factory reset and a new hdd.: I have been having problems with my hp envy x360 for quite a while now with 100% disk usage. I have tried everything that I have seen on all of the forums. I decided to try a new HDD and now most of the time it is fine with random spikes all of the time. Does anyone know how...
  5. 100% disk use or cpu use after factory reset and a new hdd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk use or cpu use after factory reset and a new hdd.: I have been having problems with my hp envy x360 for quite a while now with 100% disk usage. I have tried everything that I have seen on all of the forums. I decided to try a new HDD and now most of the time it is fine with random spikes all of the time. Does anyone know how...
  6. 100% disk use or cpu use after factory reset and a new hdd.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Problems on Windows 10 system after using `MediaCreationTool20H2.exe`

Problems on Windows 10 system after using `MediaCreationTool20H2.exe`: My laptop is used nearly 7 days a week for both work and personal use. The system has updated recently and is configured for automatic updates. Yesterday, I did a full day of work using this system without any issues. At the end of the evening I switched to the Admin user...
  8. system interrupts uses cpu when connected WI fi

system interrupts uses cpu when connected WI fi: what could it be? Everything's fine when I'm using LAN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupts-uses-cpu-when-connected-wi-fi/b46e7705-4cfe-4108-b175-34c6c780c147
  9. System using 20% cpu

System using 20% cpu: Hello! My CPU is used aprox 10-15% everytime by acpi.sys + 0x42f50 All drivers are upated, bios update, scanned with malwarebytes. [ATTACH] Can somneone help me ? Best Regards, Andrei...
  10. CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?: Hi, I found my CPU being used to 50% by rundll32.exe invagent,RunUpdate -noappraiser QwarAFRPWUiri4M6.4 which from Win 7/8 reports appears to be sthg to do with the Customer Experience Improvement Program. Process Explorer seemed no help on this, and I've been running...