Windows 10: system profile error cannot find the desktop icons

Discus and support system profile error cannot find the desktop icons in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot find my icons on my desktop. I get a location C error message telling me that I need to locate it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by puppeta, Jan 20, 2019.

1. puppeta Win User

system profile error cannot find the desktop icons

I cannot find my icons on my desktop. I get a location C error message telling me that I need to locate it

:)

puppeta, Jan 20, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 20, 2019
  4. system profile error cannot find the desktop icons

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

system profile error cannot find the desktop icons

1. system profile error cannot find the desktop icons - Similar Threads - system profile error

2. Error: System cannot find the file specified. 0x8007002.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: System cannot find the file specified. 0x8007002.: I am trying to back up my Laptop. After backing up, WHICH TAKES FOREVER, it tells me - Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\UsersJ-E-K\Desktop\2023 TISH XMAS MUSIC. Error: System cannot find the file specified. 0x8007002.Please help me remove this file so I...
  3. Error: System cannot find the file specified. 0x8007002.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: System cannot find the file specified. 0x8007002.: I am trying to back up my Laptop. After backing up, WHICH TAKES FOREVER, it tells me - Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\UsersJ-E-K\Desktop\2023 TISH XMAS MUSIC. Error: System cannot find the file specified. 0x8007002.Please help me remove this file so I...
  4. Bitlocker Error: The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Error: The system cannot find the file specified: I was encrypting my Drive "D" and system got shutdown due to power loss. After turning on the system I was unable to decrypt the drive. I'm receiving the error "The system cannot find the file specified" while entering the password. I tried below steps but nothing...
  5. Bitlocker Error: The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Error: The system cannot find the file specified: I was encrypting my Drive "D" and system got shutdown due to power loss. After turning on the system I was unable to decrypt the drive. I'm receiving the error "The system cannot find the file specified" while entering the password. I tried below steps but nothing...
  6. "The system cannot find path specified" Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "The system cannot find path specified" Error: Hi, After recent windows update I'm getting error "The system cannot find path specified" while trying installing CPUID software, such as HWMonitor and CPU-Z, also Sinutrain which I use for University classes stopped working because suddenly it cannot find FREE license on my...
  7. cannot find bluetooth icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot find bluetooth icon: I am unable to use my Bluetooth and I don't know how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-bluetooth-icon/3fa23277-ca91-4a10-9ad8-fb759e2b8026
  8. The system cannot find the file specified. Error: 80070002

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system cannot find the file specified. Error: 80070002: I recently installed Samsung 860 EVO 250GB and it loads OS only. The arrangement is made so that both SSD along with HDD can stay alive. And hence, I replaced CD/DVD writer with existing HDD and installed SSD in place of HDD. But right after that, I started receiving an error...
  9. Deleted System Profile Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted System Profile Desktop: I have a 5 year old Lenovo ThinkPad X230. Lately I was running into severe issues where the system lags when doing anything, such as clicking on the Start Menu, closing a window...anything. Opening Task Manager, it showed Disk usage at 100%. After researching online, I...
  10. Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer: My Desktop is showing icons as normal. But if I try to find what is on my desktop by using file manager, I cannot find the icon. I also checked under C;\user my name, public, default and no desktop listed on any of them. Any suggestions? 101768