Windows 10: System properties correctly shows 4Gb of ram, but Task Manager and Sysinternals both show...

Discus and support System properties correctly shows 4Gb of ram, but Task Manager and Sysinternals both show... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Apologies for the long title, but everywhere that I read of the known problem that Task Manager misreports the ram by showing the wrong percentage it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by boguing, Feb 19, 2019.

1. boguing Win User

System properties correctly shows 4Gb of ram, but Task Manager and Sysinternals both show...

Apologies for the long title, but everywhere that I read of the known problem that Task Manager misreports the ram by showing the wrong percentage it seems that people are dismissing it as an arithmetical error.

My problem is that the pc in question is running like it really is running out of ram, even though system properties correctly reports almost 4Gb.

So, as they say, I reckon that the problem is bigger than just misreporting, and that Windows really is not seeing all of the ram.

This was happening in 1803, still happening in 1809.

I'm on the verge of doing a clean install - despite my belief that it's never really necessary to do that.

:)

boguing, Feb 19, 2019
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Feb 19, 2019
  3. XMP Profile 1600MHZ RAM, Task Manager Shows 1066

Now that i got another board (see system spec) i ran in another issue.
    Every program i ran (Aida64, Everest, CPUZ etc) shows 1600Mhz Dual Channel Ram, only Windows is smart enought to show 1066 in Task Manager.

Opinions and advices are welcome.

Note: Timings and settings in BIOS are correctly set.

System properties correctly shows 4Gb of ram, but Task Manager and Sysinternals both show... untitled-png.png

Filip Georgievski, Feb 19, 2019
  4. JackB9824 Win User

System properties correctly shows 4Gb of ram, but Task Manager and Sysinternals both show...

Ram on Task manager

Recently bought a Lenovo laptop from pc world which has 4GB or ram but task manager shows the Laptop as having 8GB of ram. Anyone know why this might be?

JackB9824, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. System properties correctly shows 4Gb of ram, but Task Manager and Sysinternals both show... - Similar Threads - System properties correctly

2. Task manager is reporting around 4GB of RAM usage but the Processes tab does not show which...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager is reporting around 4GB of RAM usage but the Processes tab does not show which...: Hi, I've noticed that the Task manager is reporting a great amount of memory usage, but I don't know where it comes from.Here are some images right after my computer boots up.And one from RAMMAP too not sure how to view process private and mapped fileWhat is happening here...
  3. Task manager is reporting around 4GB of RAM usage but the Processes tab does not show which...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager is reporting around 4GB of RAM usage but the Processes tab does not show which...: Hi, I've noticed that the Task manager is reporting a great amount of memory usage, but I don't know where it comes from.Here are some images right after my computer boots up.And one from RAMMAP too not sure how to view process private and mapped fileWhat is happening here...
  4. Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........: I want to upgrade my Sony Vaio laptop from 4gb ram to 8gb ram, and I wanted to check the speed of the ram module, so when I went to task manager, it shows the speed of the ram is 20307 mhz. And then I realized this is wrong. 20 THOUSAND 3 HUNDRED SEVEN mhz. What!? The ram...
  5. Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed.

Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed.: After I changed start from amdppm to 4 in the registry, it showed the cpu base speed is 3.49 ghz in the task manager after i rebooted my system. I have a ryzen 3 2200g with the base speed at 3.5 ghz but when i set it to 3, it's 3.5 ghz, can someone explain me why this is...
  6. Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed: CPU: i9-9900k MB: EVGA Z390 DARK BIOS: 1.08 Windows build: 19042.630 [ATTACH] Tried updating BIOS, updating Windows, installing drivers, and this problem followed me for a half year from 1903 to 1904 build. Seeking for solution....
  7. Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed

Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed: On a fresh install of windows 10 home made with USB installation media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3593 task manager constantly shows the base clock [1.19Ghz] regardless of power settings CPU-Z shows actual clock...
  8. task manager not showing ram specs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    task manager not showing ram specs: hey guys i'm having an issue where the ram specifications do not show in the task manager on the memory menu do you have any fixes? submitted by /u/MattO411 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/duvngn/task_manager_not_showing_ram_specs/
  9. Task manager not showing ram speed or details.

Task manager not showing ram speed or details.: Ram speed details not showing on right side like it should. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-not-showing-ram-speed-or-details/ee816c9c-5d9b-43e9-8de3-7506ac903b11
  10. Ram installed in System but not Showing in Task Manager

Ram installed in System but not Showing in Task Manager: Hi Iam using Hp Laptop Model-HP Notebook-15-ba001ax ,My system was lagging so I thought of Installing Another 4 Gb RAM So I have installed the Same Ram I found in My System that is SK Hynix HMT451S6BFR8A-PB NO AA 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 PC3-12800 204 Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM SO i...