Windows 10: System Protection is Off

Discus and support System Protection is Off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello,After the system's upgrade, "System Protection" is (still) Off, so there is no restore point.Since I have "Macrium Reflect" and make in 3 days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Motim Win User

System Protection is Off

Hello,After the system's upgrade, "System Protection" is (still) Off, so there is no restore point.Since I have "Macrium Reflect" and make in 3 days cycle one full backup then a differential, and so on.If there is a need (sometimes), I restore with Macrium.Is it important to turn 'On' "System Protection" ?Answers will be appreciated.Thanks

Winver 1903 x64 18362.753

:)

Motim, Apr 3, 2020

2. System Protection Recovery

Windows 10

1. Step 1: Right-click the lower-left corner and open System in the Quick Access Menu.
    2. Step 2: Choose System protection on the left.
    3. Step 3: Select a hard disk and tap Configure to move on.
    4. Step 4: Choose Turn on system protection and hit OK.
    5. Step 3: Select Disable system protection and hit OK.

HelpingHands1, Apr 3, 2020
  3. System Protection

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate information/resolution on how to enable System Protection from Command Prompt in Windows 10, we would like to know if you were able to follow the suggested steps from
    David Haz and JulK12 in this thread. If yes, can you tell us what is the result?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

System Protection is Off

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

System Protection is Off

1. System Protection is Off - Similar Threads - System Protection Off

2. System protection not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System protection not available: Trying to restore pc but getting message System protection only available in online operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-protection-not-available/2b1cf681-83d4-4748-b43c-9f6d9188c338
  3. Meltdown protection is off!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Meltdown protection is off!!!: Hello, i have z390 motherboard and intel 9600kf. I already checked my PC whether or not: Spectre and Meltdown vulnerability protection was enabled. And if i remember correctly both were enabled! But i reinstalled Windows since. And i opened today GRC's InSpectre utility and...
  4. System Protection is Off

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Protection is Off: Hello,After the system's upgrade, "System Protection" is (still) Off, so there is no restore point.Since I have "Macrium Reflect" and make in 3 days cycle one full backup then a differential, and so on.If there is a need (sometimes), I restore with Macrium.Is it important to...
  5. System Protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Protection: This is what I see in part of the System Protection menu: [ATTACH] What to do with the 2 folders Win 10 Pro 64-bit C: Missing and why do they appear in the list? Willy...
  6. Windows 10 version Updates: System Protection Defaults to Off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version Updates: System Protection Defaults to Off: FYI: I've noticed that after version updates in Windows 10 the System protection settings default to "Off". It's easy to correct by opening the System Properties -> System Protection Tab but would be preferable if it defaulted to "On". [ATTACH]...
  7. System Protection ON/OFF differences in Feature updates

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Protection ON/OFF differences in Feature updates: Opinions please. Sometimes I’d like to be able to explain to people I help as to what’s going on. For those whose computers need System Protection to be turned ON, it’s confusing them as to why. Is there rhyme or reason or technicalities as to how it’s determined that some...
  8. System Protection Turned Off

in Windows 10 Support
    System Protection Turned Off: After the upgrade from 8.1 pro to 10, i noticed system protection was turned off. I went ahead and turned it back on and moved the slider back to ten percent. Any reason why the upgrade turned it off? Any reason not to turn it on? Thanks, Mike 9926
  9. Anniversary Update switches off System Protection

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Anniversary Update switches off System Protection: This post is just to let people know something I found after doing the AU. If there is a better place to post it, please feel free to move it. When checking I noticed that my Restore Points have all been deleted and System Restore has been reset to OFF. If you want to use...
  10. Turn On or Off System Protection for Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off System Protection for Drives in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off System Protection for Drives in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off System Protection for Drives in Windows 10 System protection is a feature that allows you to undo unwanted system changes by being able to do a System Restore. System Restore enables...