Windows 10: System Protection Recovery

Discus and support System Protection Recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, How do I turn on (highlight) the System Restore button in the (System Properties dialogue box) on my windows 10 PC. I would like to setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jim Guth, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Jim Guth Win User

System Protection Recovery

Hello,

How do I turn on (highlight) the System Restore button in the (System Properties dialogue box) on my windows 10 PC.

I would like to setup restore points.

You have to go into Search > Control Panel > Advanced recovery tools > Configure System Restore to get to this dialogue box

It other word using the (System Protection Tag) on my PC the button is currently blacked out and I want to turn it (ON).

Also:

All my Disk drives are currently set to (OFF) in this dialogue box. I assume I would have to turn one drive to use for restore points. I have a removable (My Passport) that I'd like to use for this. But I'm now sure if the Restore Points add or/programs needs it's own partition or not.

If I put restore points on My Passport can I still use it for backups?

Please go into details how to do this. Thanks

:)

Jim Guth, Aug 9, 2019

2. How to get protection recovery key

Hi Ravi_ 165,

Thank you for posting your query. Windows phones will require the recovery key when the reset protection is enabled on the device. When you’ve enabled it, you will be receiving a "Welcome to Reset Protection" confirmation sent to the email
    address associated with your Microsoft account. You can try to check your email and see if the recovery key is still available from there.

If in any case that the recovery key is not available from your email, then kindly follow these steps on how to get a recovery key:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com/devices. (Kindly use your Microsoft account associated to your Windows phone.)
    2. Check the information under your Windows phone, then click Get recovery key.
    3. Tap the check box for “I’m ready to get a recovery key”.
    4. Then, click Get key.

You can also get the recovery key by turning off the Reset Protection online. To do this, kindly follow these steps:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com/devices. (Kindly use your Microsoft account associated to your Windows phone.)
    2. Next to the phone you no longer own, select Remove phone.
    3. Select the I'm ready to remove my phone check box, note the recovery key, and then select
      Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.
    4. When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select the
      I've kept a copy of the recovery key
      check box, and then select
      Okay

After you turn off the Reset Protection, then your phone is no longer listed on
    L: account.microsoft.com/devices, and you can remove Reset Protection during phone set up using the
    Disable using recovery key option.

For more information, you can visit Protect my phone.

If you think this was useful or resolve your query, feel free to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem/question.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let us know by replying to this thread. This way, we will get notified and respond back to you as soon as we can.

Many thanks.

Dennis Zac, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Professional System Properties Protection Settings Screen: Protection be turned "ON" to create a recovery point for "Image" Drive?

Windows 10 Professional System Properties Protection Settings Screen: I have two available drives listed under Protection Settings. OS (C) (System) and Image. What is the "Image" Drive and should have have Protection turned "ON" to create a recovery
    point? Thanks!

DennisDellinger, Aug 9, 2019
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. System Protection Recovery - Similar Threads - System Protection Recovery

2. System Recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Recovery: Hi I have done a system recovery of my Windows 10 x64 , ver1909, Desktop PC to a Pen Drive, now I have just got a Dual Layer Rewriter and DL Discs, I would like to put that onto a DVD , would that be possible and to be able to boot from the the DVD ? . cheers Spike 173230
  3. System Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Recovery: I reset my Gateway Windows 10 laptop, basically wiped everything but my documents. Problem is the documents do not open when selected, a pop up asks what program to use to open there is no Office or Word choice. The extension is pptx. I tried to reset the system again to...
  4. System Recovery

System Recovery: This weekend my temporary block on updates ended so I was forced, once again, to accept the update to Windows Edge, which deleted a lot of my saved favourites. Like before, I tried to do a system recovery in order to revert back to my old Edge, but this time it simply refuses...
  5. System Protection is Off

System Protection is Off: Hello,After the system's upgrade, "System Protection" is (still) Off, so there is no restore point.Since I have "Macrium Reflect" and make in 3 days cycle one full backup then a differential, and so on.If there is a need (sometimes), I restore with Macrium.Is it important to...
  6. System Protection

System Protection: This is what I see in part of the System Protection menu: [ATTACH] What to do with the 2 folders Win 10 Pro 64-bit C: Missing and why do they appear in the list? Willy...
  7. System recovery

System recovery: So i tried running a system recovery, it hung n black screen four hours i rebooted and it was still on a black screen i was later able to enter my bios setup inrestored default and continued to boot it brought up hp file based installer, said it was installing software not to...
  8. System recovery

System recovery: I accidentally installed windows server 2012 r2 evaluation over my C drive instead of in a virtual environment. Is there a way to recover the system to before I did this? I think I may have did a clean install but I remember it saying its saved it as windows.old or something...
  9. protection recovery key

protection recovery key: Good morning, kindly help me on how to recover my lumia 640 from recovery key protection. i have tried my all. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-recovery-key/2aca758f-04a4-4520-9a32-c7b359b74f56
  10. system recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    system recovery: I have all kinds of system recoveries on my pc and when I go to recover a past time on my PC .It will run for about 20 minutes or more and then I get a mesasage that my system was not restored to that time .Please try a different restore point . I never had this problem with...