Windows 10: System Protection Shows "Image" As An Avaiiable Drive

Discus and support System Protection Shows "Image" As An Avaiiable Drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My System Properties: PC History: Model-Dell Inspiron 5558 Windows-20H2 This laptop was running very slow so I used Dell's recovery partition to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by JimD, Aug 12, 2021.

1. JimD Win User

System Protection Shows "Image" As An Avaiiable Drive

My System Properties: PC History: Model-Dell Inspiron 5558 Windows-20H2 This laptop was running very slow so I used Dell's recovery partition to reinstall windows. Then I cloned the HD to SSD to improve speed. I discovered that Restore Points were not being created and then went to System Properties. Originally available drives contained three entries (CSystem Protection Shows "Image" As An Avaiiable Drive :)(Missing)-Enabled, OS(CSystem Protection Shows "Image" As An Avaiiable Drive :)(System)-Disabled, and Image-Enabled. I have changed setting to what is showing in the attachment but don't understand the 'Image' drive. I can't delete it and wonder if it is a link to the recovery partition. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

:)

2. Windows 10 Professional System Properties Protection Settings Screen: Protection be turned "ON" to create a recovery point for "Image" Drive?

Windows 10 Professional System Properties Protection Settings Screen: I have two available drives listed under Protection Settings. OS (C) (System) and Image. What is the "Image" Drive and should have have Protection turned "ON" to create a recovery
    point? Thanks!

DennisDellinger, Aug 12, 2021
  3. System Protection Recovery

Windows 10

1. Step 1: Right-click the lower-left corner and open System in the Quick Access Menu.
    2. Step 2: Choose System protection on the left.
    3. Step 3: Select a hard disk and tap Configure to move on.
    4. Step 4: Choose Turn on system protection and hit OK.
    5. Step 3: Select Disable system protection and hit OK.

HelpingHands1, Aug 12, 2021
  4. System Protection Shows "Image" As An Avaiiable Drive

System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

System Protection Shows "Image" As An Avaiiable Drive

1. System Protection Shows "Image" As An Avaiiable Drive - Similar Threads - System Protection Shows

2. Drives selection for system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drives selection for system image: Hi. I am trying to make a system image but I'm troubled with something i haven't experienced before.When I installed windows on my current PC, i had all system files installed on an SSD which is Disk C. That's the only disk i actually care about for the system image, as i...
  3. Drives selection for system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drives selection for system image: Hi. I am trying to make a system image but I'm troubled with something i haven't experienced before.When I installed windows on my current PC, i had all system files installed on an SSD which is Disk C. That's the only disk i actually care about for the system image, as i...
  4. Drives selection for system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recently cloned system drive from 3 TB to 6 TB drive, but now in system protection it shows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recently cloned system drive from 3 TB to 6 TB drive, but now in system protection it shows...: Recently cloned system drive from 3 TB to 6 TB drive, but now in system protection, it shows a folder as part of the list, but it does not show up anywhere else; disk management or mini tool partition wizard...
  6. r drive image system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    r drive image system image: I have never done back ups before so am new to this.I have r image drive and created a system image and saved on to my 2nd hard drive,I created a start up disc and booted up from it to make sure it all worked ok.my question is, the size of used space on my c drive is 59...
  7. System Image Backup Drives

System Image Backup Drives: I purchased a Toshiba 2TB external hard drive-I made a system image from that. I decided something did not feel right about the drive, the drive was an awkward looking size. I deleted the system image and returned it. I had almost 6 hours of back up on this drive and it...
  8. "the operating system drive is not protected by bitlocker drive encryption"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "the operating system drive is not protected by bitlocker drive encryption": Hi. My pc has 8 drives attached to it. A: sata ssd B: usb C: m2 nvme E: m2 nvme U: sata ssd W: usb X: sata hdd Y: sata hdd E, U X and Y are bitlocked. I wanted to turn on the auto-unlock feature, which worked fine except for drive E, which give the error,...
  9. System image on pen drive

System image on pen drive: I created a system image of Surface pro windows 10 on a pen drive using 'sharing and saving it via network path'. Has anyone successfully reinstalled windows by this method ....
  10. System Protection - Restore "drive"

System Protection - Restore "drive": I was, possibly foolishly, going through the system protection settings today and notice that the Restore drive had protection off. I went into the configure settings and enabled it. Noticing that the drive size was at 5.45 Gig with a max set at 20.1 Gig. After hitting...