Windows 10: System Protection tab takes 15 minutes or more searching non-protected

Discus and support System Protection tab takes 15 minutes or more searching non-protected in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've had plenty of problems using third-party tools to create a restore point, primarily that the restore process fails with those RPs. So I'm forced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Golayfalor, May 19, 2022.

1. System Protection tab takes 15 minutes or more searching non-protected

I've had plenty of problems using third-party tools to create a restore point, primarily that the restore process fails with those RPs. So I'm forced to use Windows' System Protection tab under System Properties to reliably create an RP. But after I open that tab, for about the next 15 minutes it just shows "Searching", apparently on all 7 of my drives even though Protection is enabled on only one: My C drive.Also, once the RP has been completed, the OK button at the bottom takes at least another 15 minutes before the window closes.How can I speed this up, please?Windows Version 1909 OS Build

:)

Golayfalor, May 19, 2022
  2. Thenin Win User

System Protection tab takes 15 minutes or more searching non-protected

I've had plenty of problems using third-party tools to create a restore point, primarily that the restore process fails with those RPs. So I'm forced to use Windows' System Protection tab under System Properties to reliably create an RP. But after I open that tab, for about the next 15 minutes it just shows "Searching", apparently on all 7 of my drives even though Protection is enabled on only one: My C drive.

Also, once the RP has been completed, the OK button at the bottom takes at least another 15 minutes before the window closes.

How can I speed this up, please?

Windows Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592)

Thenin, May 19, 2022
  3. System Protection Recovery

Windows 10

1. Step 1: Right-click the lower-left corner and open System in the Quick Access Menu.
    2. Step 2: Choose System protection on the left.
    3. Step 3: Select a hard disk and tap Configure to move on.
    4. Step 4: Choose Turn on system protection and hit OK.
    5. Step 3: Select Disable system protection and hit OK.

HelpingHands1, May 19, 2022
  4. petrula Win User

System Protection tab Missing in Safe Boot

Your suggestion works. Thanks

However, the fact that in Safe mode, the System Properties dialog is missing the System Protection tab is a bug which you need to report to the software development staff.

petrula, May 19, 2022
Thema:

1. System Protection tab takes 15 minutes or more searching non-protected - Similar Threads - System Protection tab

2. Endless search for Windows updates and error on "System Protect" tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless search for Windows updates and error on "System Protect" tab: Hello all, after a recent virus, I can not restore some of the functionality of Windows. Now I'm struggling with updating the windows. This stage is going on endlessly:I tried all the options from the this thread, but it didn't work for me.These commands also yielded...
  3. Endless search for Windows updates and error on "System Protect" tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Endless search for Windows updates and error on "System Protect" tab: Hello all, after a recent virus, I can not restore some of the functionality of Windows. Now I'm struggling with updating the windows. This stage is going on endlessly:I tried all the options from the this thread, but it didn't work for me.These commands also yielded...
  4. Endless search for Windows updates and error on "System Protect" tab

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Missing "System Protection" tab on Windows Server 2022.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing "System Protection" tab on Windows Server 2022.: Hi,I am trying to create a restore point on Windows server 2022. Does new Windows Server 2022 standard have system restore point feature? If it does, please send me a link how to enable it. Thanks....
  6. System Protection tab takes 15 minutes or more searching non-protected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Protection tab takes 15 minutes or more searching non-protected: I've had plenty of problems using third-party tools to create a restore point, primarily that the restore process fails with those RPs. So I'm forced to use Windows' System Protection tab under System Properties to reliably create an RP. But after I open that tab, for about...
  7. System Protection tab takes 15 minutes or more searching non-protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Protection tab takes 15 minutes or more searching non-protected: I've had plenty of problems using third-party tools to create a restore point, primarily that the restore process fails with those RPs. So I'm forced to use Windows' System Protection tab under System Properties to reliably create an RP. But after I open that tab, for about...
  8. System Protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Protection: This is what I see in part of the System Protection menu: [ATTACH] What to do with the 2 folders Win 10 Pro 64-bit C: Missing and why do they appear in the list? Willy...
  9. Removing protection from non-system folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing protection from non-system folder: My problem concerns Windows Security/Virus & threat protection/Ransomware protection/Controlled folder access/Protected folders. The option exists to add a protected folder to the ones that Windows already protects. I did that. I would now like to remove the folder that I...
  10. System Properties - Protection Settings - Learning more about it . .

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Properties - Protection Settings - Learning more about it . .: I am trying to learn more about the subject above, and feel sure there are some gurus out there with lots of knowledge about the System Properties in Windows Ten. I suspect many users only use this section for making a restore file. I have heard that only about 5% of the...