Windows 10: System Ran Fine, I then installed i9-9900ks CPU and Windows crashes on loading

Discus and support System Ran Fine, I then installed i9-9900ks CPU and Windows crashes on loading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Specs Asus Z390 ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA LGA 1151 DDR4 ATX Motherboard Intel Core i9-9900KS Antec HCG 650W Gold Power Supply be quiet! Silent Base... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sh0t2Bts, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Sh0t2Bts Win User

System Ran Fine, I then installed i9-9900ks CPU and Windows crashes on loading

Specs

Asus Z390 ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA LGA 1151 DDR4 ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i9-9900KS

Antec HCG 650W Gold Power Supply

be quiet! Silent Base 801 Orange Computer Case
    Intel 660p Series 1TB, M.2 SSD Single Pack

G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB 4 x 16GB 288-Pin DDR4

SDRAM DDR4 3733 PC4 29800 Intel Z370

be quiet! 360mm Silent Loop Ultra Quiet All-in-One Hydro Cooler, 3x 120mm Pure Wings II PWM Fans, Copper Rad, 2066/AM4

MSI GeForce RTX 2080

My PC has been built and running with a i3 3.7GHZ G5400 CPU in it since August 2019 I know a really poor chip for the spec of PC but I needed a cheap option as I had an error code that could be either the motherboard or the CPU, £50 for a replacement CPU was a cheap fix.

Anyhow the i9-9900KS came out and the price dropped to a level I was happy to pay for, I shutdown the PC, swapped the CPU out and restarted, initially it prompted me to go into the bios as hardware had changed, then on the next reboot it tried to boot from the M.2 SSD, windows started to load the circle of dots on the screen then it crashed, just froze, following a BIOS update and a few more reboots I didn't get any further.

I created a new USB installation from the MS Media creation tool version 1909, Windows started to load and again crashed, I've down graded the BIOS to the previous version, again the same result, I've created a DVD installation of version 1909 and 1903 both with the same problem.

I've created a recovery USB drive and booted from that, I get the blue windows logo and about 30 seconds later I get the BSOD: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

At this point I'm stuck and are looking at going back to the i3 which is only slightly annoying given the cost of the i9-9900KS CPU.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Mark

:)

Sh0t2Bts, Jan 31, 2020
  2. sygnus21 Win User

i9-9900K build

Hello guys (and gals), been a while since I posted. Anyway, I got this for my 60th birthday last week….

System Ran Fine, I then installed i9-9900ks CPU and Windows crashes on loading [​IMG]

and the end result is this….

System Ran Fine, I then installed i9-9900ks CPU and Windows crashes on loading [​IMG]

System specs....
    • Case - Cooler Master HAF X case
    • MB - Gigabyte Z390 Extreme
    • CPU - Intel i9-9900K
    • RAM - 32gig Corsair DDR4 Dominator Platinum RAM (3333MHz)
    • CPU Cooler - Corsair AIO CPU cooler – H115i Pro
    • Drives - 5 Samsung SSD drives: 2x 512gig 970 NVMe drive (OS & Photos drive), 1 x 1TB 850 EVO (Acronis backups), 1x 1TB 860 EVO (music), and 1x 2TB 850 EVO (Games, data).
    • Graphics card - Sapphire Tri-X R9 Fury
    • Sound - On-board (ESS Sabre HiFi using Realtek drivers)
    • Optical Drive - LG Blu-Ray
    • Power Supply - EVGA Super Nova I000 P2 (1000 watt)
    • OS - Windows 10 Pro x64 (1809)
    You can see the wire management here. And for those For those wanting a closer look at this board see this 7 minute . It's expensive, but you get a lot with it. Anyway now I'm just awaiting AMD’s board partners to release their versions of the Radeon VII for the graphics card upgrade.

In the meantime I’m seriously considering replacing my HAF X since I had to modify it to hold a 280mm AIO at the top of the case. Two cases under consideration, but with concerns are...

1) Cooler Master’s MasterCase H500M seems a good choice but being my MB is an extended (E-ATX) board, I’m a little concerned about it’s wiring clearance as discussed in this .

2) (more wishful thinking) is Corsair’s Obsidian 1000D. Plenty of room even with a custom water-cooling setup. Issue is size, and initial cost of ownership. I don't have a place to sit it, and in addition to the $500 (499.99) dollar asking price, there’s the added cost of RGB fans, and custom water-cooling parts.

Honestly, this Corsair 1000D is probably more pipe dream than reality considering cost and size. That said, assuming quality name brand parts, what is the average cost of a custom water-cooling setup? What’s the maintenance of such a system like?

Thanks

sygnus21, Jan 31, 2020
  3. emilsalmi Win User
    Windows and picture freezing. High CPU usage, i9 9900k & GTX1080TI

Hi,

Im starting to be out of options what to do. programs and games while startup freezes and lag a lot! I manage to open Task manager and it says "system" uses around 60-80% of the cpu and then other processes make it
    up to 99% of the cpu being used. There's no way to stop it as if I try to open another thing it freezes and stops working. Ive tried installing GPU drivers again and motherboard software. Ive installed bios update, all the possible drivers that I can think
    of and none of them seem to help. The only way I can get it to work is to reset the computer and turn it back on but it just keeps recurring over and over again. I don't know what's wrong! PC does this only when I open for example youtube and skip video 10
    seconds at the time in fast paste or open League Of Legends game launcher, select a game and when games client launches it freezes the computer or crashes, when I reboot computer by pressing reset button game launches and I can play it few hours or few minutes
    and it starts to lag (drops fps to 10-40fps and introduces massive lag and if you know i9 that FPS is way too low). Lag stops IF I press alt tab in time and it switches to a another program that usually helps but in many cases computer freezes and I have to
    reboot by hard reset. It lags on many games but mostly on League of legends. Usually this processor uses only maximum of 30% while gaming. It never has jumped to 70% or over before this.
    System Ran Fine, I then installed i9-9900ks CPU and Windows crashes on loading 9a052c66-a2b8-4adb-9c4a-c5bd300c48e3?upload=true.png

Sorry BTW computer is in finnish. I have not overclocked this CPU or GPU in any means. It should be on default settings, as you can see in picture current speed is 4,60 GHz and I think its just turboing? Please help
    Im out of ideas and this computer is just 2 months old except power supply.

Sometimes this computer lets me play 4 hours without problems. Temps are around 50-60celsius under load in GPU and CPU.

Specs:

CPU i9 9900k

motherboard asrock Taichi Z390

Ram 16gb gskill RGB DDR4

GPU Nvidia GTX 1080ti

PSU Corsair RM1000 Gold (1000 watts)

3x 500gb SSD, 1x 3tb HDD, 1x 1tb HDD

All components are water cooled so its not about the components getting to hot.

emilsalmi, Jan 31, 2020
  4. SerhiyIA Win User

'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

1. System Ran Fine, I then installed i9-9900ks CPU and Windows crashes on loading - Similar Threads - System Ran Fine

2. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with an i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  3. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with a i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  4. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with a i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  5. SYSTEM LOAD AND CPU USAGE

SYSTEM LOAD AND CPU USAGE: I have a laptop Lenovo V145-15AST with AMD A6 processor. My laptop lags a lot I have tried resetting it several times but the result is same. I am 11 years old. Though I don't know much about computers and laptops. I am fed up of the laptop whenever I try to join a meeting in...
  6. 100% CPU Usage with i9 9900k and 2080 ti

100% CPU Usage with i9 9900k and 2080 ti: While i was doing system scan i was getting 100% cpu usage.... i'm worried if something is wrong this has happened to me while i was rendering premier pro clip. the cpu went to 100% and i told my friend to render on his laptop he had find cpu usage, is something wrong with...
  7. i9 9900KS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i9 9900KS: So the 9900KS was announced today partially. There is still an embargo on performance details until 30th. TechDeals said that it is being maid in a limited number. What are member's thoughts on this. 143406
  8. 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900KS Special Edition CPU Available Oct. 30

in Windows 10 News
    9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900KS Special Edition CPU Available Oct. 30: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] What’s New: Intel today announced full details and availability for the new 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-9900KS Special Edition processor. Delivering up to 5.0 GHz all-core turbo frequency out of the box for the ultimate gaming experience, the 9th Gen Intel...
  9. Motherboard Vendors Release New Firmware for Intel Core i9-9900KS

in Windows 10 News
    Motherboard Vendors Release New Firmware for Intel Core i9-9900KS: The Intel Core i9-9900KS is slated to land next month. Naturally, motherboard vendors have to deploy updated motherboard firmware to accommodate the new 14nm Coffee Lake chip. Apparently, ASRock and Asus are ahead of the pack this time. Strangely, only the brands' Z390...
  10. Intel announces new special edition 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900KS CPU

in Windows 10 News
    Intel announces new special edition 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900KS CPU: Ahead of Intel’s COMPUTEX Opening Keynote on May 28, the company today previewed products that deliver a significant boost in real-world workload performance, including a sneak peek at the company’s new 10nm mobile processor (code-named “Ice Lake”) and the special edition 9th...