Windows 10: System Randomly Boots into Recovery Mode Windows 10

Discus and support System Randomly Boots into Recovery Mode Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an alienware M17 R4 that randomly boots into recovery mode. The only way it will recover is if I roll back system to a previous restore point.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatrickTaylor6, Sep 11, 2018.

1. System Randomly Boots into Recovery Mode Windows 10

I have an alienware M17 R4 that randomly boots into recovery mode. The only way it will recover is if I roll back system to a previous restore point. At first I though this was due to the 1803 cumulative update failing. But that has since been installed and the system and it is still exhibiting the same behavior. When I say randomly boots into recovery mode I mean just that. After rolling back to a restore point it will boot just fine for a while. Some times the behavior shows bask up within a couple of shutdown sequences. The longest it has gone was 26 restarts but this behavior always creeps back in. Then I have to run a restore point and the system is fine again for sum undetermined amount of boot cycles. The system has been doing this for about 3 months now. There are no corresponding error reports to go along with this crash. If it is indeed the system crashing. As no dump report is generated either. Any assistance helping to figure this out is greatly appreciated. Currently running Windows 1803

:)

PatrickTaylor6, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Ruz San Win User

Windows 10 fails to boot, none of the recovery options is working

Thank you for getting back to us.

Since you mentioned that you can get to the recovery options, start the PC in safe mode to perform the suggestions previously posted.

You can read more about the recovery options in Windows 10 on
    this page
    . Refer to the following links for the next steps after reaching the recovery environment:

Update us so we can guide you further if necessary.

Ruz San, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 11, 2018
  4. System Randomly Boots into Recovery Mode Windows 10

Black Screen with Cursor and nothing else after Windows 10 Features Update 1703

Hi Akhil,

Based on the information you have given We suggest performing a system restore to try and fix the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Start your desktop, and after the manufacturers logo disappears and Windows 10 tries to boot, press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds to perform a hard shut down.

• Do the step #1 until you see the Windows logo screen or Please wait during boot. (You may need to perform this up to 3 times.)

• After Windows 10 boots into the Windows 10 Recovery Environment (WinRE), you can now access Startup Recovery, Safe Mode, and Command Prompt.

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > System Restore, and then check if you have a restore point.

• In the list of available restore points, choose the date prior to the issue. Steps can be found in this article on
      how to perform a System Restore. Refer to Restore from a system restore point.

If the steps above fails, we suggest that you boot your computer in Safe Mode (while in the Recovery Environment) and see if it helps. Follow the steps below on how to boot in Safe Mode:

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings and click Restart.

• Upon restart, click/press 4 to boot into Safe Mode.

If Safe Mode does not work, we may need to Reset your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Reset this PC.

• Choose to keep all your files and applications. This will re-install Windows 10 whilst keeping your data and applications.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

System Randomly Boots into Recovery Mode Windows 10

1. System Randomly Boots into Recovery Mode Windows 10 - Similar Threads - System Randomly Boots

2. Windows 10 will not boot, recovery mode in operable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 will not boot, recovery mode in operable.: Hi all…As the title described, my Windows 10 desktop is pretty much inoperable. I’ve tried every mode of the recovery tool, and all come up in operable, except for this one…I can get into command prompt, and I did a check disk and was able to find no bad sectors, and nothing...
  3. Windows 10 will not boot, recovery mode in operable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not boot, recovery mode in operable.: Hi all…As the title described, my Windows 10 desktop is pretty much inoperable. I’ve tried every mode of the recovery tool, and all come up in operable, except for this one…I can get into command prompt, and I did a check disk and was able to find no bad sectors, and nothing...
  4. Windows 10 will not boot, recovery mode in operable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Randomly Goes into Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Randomly Goes into Recovery Mode: Hello,I am having issues with my windows 11 machine Dell G15 5520 randomly going into recovery mode. I will go to bed some nights and leave my computer on and open, and when I wake up the next morning, my computer will have the recovery screen on. It usually never happens...
  6. Windows 11 Randomly Goes into Recovery Mode

Windows 11 Randomly Goes into Recovery Mode: Hello,I am having issues with my windows 11 machine Dell G15 5520 randomly going into recovery mode. I will go to bed some nights and leave my computer on and open, and when I wake up the next morning, my computer will have the recovery screen on. It usually never happens...
  7. Windows keeps booting in recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps booting in recovery mode: While I was updating my anti virus, Windows gave me a blue screen of death and when it restarted automatic repair kicked in, and keeps taking me to recovery mode. I tried doing continue to Windows, safe mode doesn't work, startup repair fails, there are no restore points...
  8. Windows keeps booting in recovery mode

Windows keeps booting in recovery mode: While I was updating my anti virus, Windows gave me a blue screen of death and when it restarted automatic repair kicked in, and keeps taking me to recovery mode. I tried doing continue to Windows, safe mode doesn't work, startup repair fails, there are no restore points...
  9. Windows keeps booting in recovery mode

10. Won't boot, system recovery mode not working.

Won't boot, system recovery mode not working.: After the latest windows 10 update my pc couldn't boot properly, it would boot up and show a black screen with a cursor, without logging in etc. After trying for a while decided to reset my windows through the recovery boot thing. (3 boot interrupts) Everything was fine for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random windows 10 recovery mode