Windows 10: System reboots after 5 minutes, every session.

Discus and support System reboots after 5 minutes, every session. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; New Win10Pro PC build, Intel i9-990K, MSI MEG 2390 Ace MB, reboots once each session after 5 minute run. Stays on all day after this reboot. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by greybeard2001, Apr 26, 2019.

1. System reboots after 5 minutes, every session.

New Win10Pro PC build, Intel i9-990K, MSI MEG 2390 Ace MB, reboots once each session after 5 minute run. Stays on all day after this reboot. How do I determine cause and/or fix?

:)

greybeard2001, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

System Reboots after about 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Allen,

Let's try to isolate the cause of the issue. We suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with your computer's power settings. Check your power settings if your computer is set to sleep or hibernate after 5 minutes of inactivity. To run the troubleshooter, follow
    the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Under Power, click on Power.

Method 2: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. For steps on how to run the System File Checker tool, check the following link:

Use the System File Checker tool

Method 3: Check if all the devices on your computer have the latest driver. Refer to this link for steps on how to update drivers:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Apr 26, 2019
  4. System reboots after 5 minutes, every session.

System keeps restarting after 5 to 10 minutes

Hello Shubham,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

Do you get any error message when the system restarts?

I understand your system keeps rebooting repeatedly after 5 to 10 minutes. In order to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

To diagnose whether this issue occurs in
    “Safe Mode”
    , let’s reboot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some
    third party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.

• Click Update and recovery, and then tap or
      click Recovery.

• Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.

• Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.

• If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click
      advanced options.

• Tap or click Startup Settings.

• Tap or click Restart.

• On the Startup Settings screen, choose the
      Safe Mode.

• Sign in to your PC with a user account that has
      administrator rights.

If the issue does not exist, try to clean boot the system.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

[Steps for Windows 8.1 hold for Windows 10 systems]

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

System reboots after 5 minutes, every session.

1. System reboots after 5 minutes, every session. - Similar Threads - System reboots minutes

2. BSOD every 5 minutes after startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every 5 minutes after startup.: every time i turn on my PC i get a BSOD with nothing else running. I tried system restore, then updated all drivers, programs, etc================================================== Dump File : 011524-16843-01.dmp Crash Time : 1/15/2024 11:21:18 PM Bug Check String :...
  3. BSOD every 5 minutes after startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every 5 minutes after startup.: every time i turn on my PC i get a BSOD with nothing else running. I tried system restore, then updated all drivers, programs, etc================================================== Dump File : 011524-16843-01.dmp Crash Time : 1/15/2024 11:21:18 PM Bug Check String :...
  4. BSOD every 5 minutes after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen during gaming session that forces system reboot every 10-15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen during gaming session that forces system reboot every 10-15 minutes: Hello,I've been experiencing this problem, at its worst, for about 2 weeks now. About 95% of the games I've tried playing, mainly fps, cause my system to lag/freeze and then black screen and restart. I have run an SFC scan, I've performed a clean installation of windows...
  6. Black screen during gaming session that forces system reboot every 10-15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen during gaming session that forces system reboot every 10-15 minutes: Hello,I've been experiencing this problem, at its worst, for about 2 weeks now. About 95% of the games I've tried playing, mainly fps, cause my system to lag/freeze and then black screen and restart. I have run an SFC scan, I've performed a clean installation of windows...
  7. Black screen during gaming session that forces system reboot every 10-15 minutes

8. BSOD every 5 minutes

BSOD every 5 minutes: ***moved on english forum*** Hello guys, I really need your support there, my PC crashes every 5 minutes with BSOD, ive done A LOT OF TEST, tested all my componant, all is good. New new Windows, all driver ok etc... etc... Here is my minidump crash link :...
  9. Wifi disconnects every 5 minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnects every 5 minutes.: I am having issues with my computer, I'm on windows 10. My wifi disconnect every 5-ish minutes, when I reconnect the wifi adapter, it works for 5 minutes and disconnects again. Works on all other devices, I tried to update/install network drivers, but I can't figure out how....
  10. System goes to sleep after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System goes to sleep after 5 minutes: ***Modify title from: Sleep*** My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in. In settings the screen is set to go off in 30 minutes and it is set to sleep after 5 hours when plugged in....