Windows 10: System reboots often

Discus and support System reboots often in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My system reboots on its own whenever it wants to. An error flashes in a dialog before I can read it. Settings for sleep and power off are both NEVER.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DonaldRogers4, Sep 12, 2019.

1. System reboots often

My system reboots on its own whenever it wants to. An error flashes in a dialog before I can read it. Settings for sleep and power off are both NEVER.

:)

DonaldRogers4, Sep 12, 2019

2. Continual System Reboot

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt system files in the system.

So to diagnose whether there are no corruptions, we suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run inbuilt system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

• Type Troubleshooting in search bar and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on System maintenance and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: We suggest you to perform clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Let us know the result.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 12, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 12, 2019
  4. System reboots often

system on reboot loop

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What was the reason for you to perform factory reset?
    • Which was the previous operating system installed on the computer?
    I suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO and perform automatic repair.

Download Windows 10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

System reboots often

1. System reboots often - Similar Threads - System reboots often

2. system crash randomly and often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system crash randomly and often: Hello,My problem seems very comun : system crash. Yet none of the replies to this topic helped solve it.Several times a day sometimes less then a minute after restart sometime several minutes after during random actions webbrosing, using file exlorer, playing a video, playing...
  3. how often are new system files created?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how often are new system files created?: i feel like every single day when i go into my file explorer, more and more system files are there, and their creation dates are as soon as that precise day. are they a daily thing? i’m so confused submitted by /u/socksgrowonbushes [link] [comments]...
  4. Rebooting system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rebooting system: Hello, i was rebooting my computer and I accidentaly pressed button Delete whole diskRecycling Computer but I want to use my computer, whole reboot went fine but when I was getting started it says Windows set-up programe not found. Restart computer and try again. I can’t buy...
  5. Machine BSOD/Rebooting often.

Machine BSOD/Rebooting often.: Windows version: Windows 10 Build 19041.173 A few weeks ago it seemed like every time I left my computer for a while (like overnight) I would come back to it restarted. I searched and found some help and it turned out to be a driver that was causing the issue. Things were...
  6. WINDOWS REBOOTING OFTEN

WINDOWS REBOOTING OFTEN: Received the below mentioned error when checking the event viewer The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. Kindly assist. It is quite freqent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-rebooting-often/817ce241-9a75-41cd-b702-8160d5bea56e
  7. Windows 10 - Manual Modem Reboot required often

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Manual Modem Reboot required often: Hi Windows Brainstrust, I have a problem where I need to manually reboot my modem just about every time I start up and log onto Windows10. In fact it may take a few attempts before I can access the internet. Network Status shows as "Connected to the Internet" and Diagnostic...
  8. PC recognition on W10 Network often needs a reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC recognition on W10 Network often needs a reboot: I am using a W10 Home Peer to Peer network, Often a remote PC needs to be rebooted to be visible on the 'network' on other PC's Is there a way to automate this - like all PC's restarting something regulary?...
  9. windows 10 often don't reboot and don't shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 often don't reboot and don't shutdown: Hi, My system don't reboot and don't shutdown (only when I have lucky do it). I suspect the problem is the update 1909. But there is no way come back to 1903. I have the last motherboard bios update. With restore the configuration of 10-15 days ago work initially and...
  10. System interruptions and blue screens often

System interruptions and blue screens often: This last month my computer works performs really slow and I get quite a lot of blue screens. Is there any solution? https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlKFtbBykJSfiHK3pPcR4LkC35zV?e=6b8Je7...