Windows 10: System reboots often

Discus and support System reboots often in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My system reboots on its own whenever it wants to. An error flashes in a dialog before I can read it. Settings for sleep and power off are both NEVER.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DonaldRogers4, Sep 12, 2019 at 7:52 AM.

1. System reboots often

My system reboots on its own whenever it wants to. An error flashes in a dialog before I can read it. Settings for sleep and power off are both NEVER.

:)

DonaldRogers4, Sep 12, 2019 at 7:52 AM

2. Continual System Reboot

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt system files in the system.

So to diagnose whether there are no corruptions, we suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run inbuilt system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

• Type Troubleshooting in search bar and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on System maintenance and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: We suggest you to perform clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Let us know the result.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 12, 2019 at 7:53 AM
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

4. System reboots often

system on reboot loop

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What was the reason for you to perform factory reset?
    • Which was the previous operating system installed on the computer?
    I suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO and perform automatic repair.

Download Windows 10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 12, 2019 at 7:53 AM
Thema:

System reboots often

1. System reboots often - Similar Threads - System reboots often

2. renamed iastora.sys and the system will not reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    renamed iastora.sys and the system will not reboot: My wife's Laptop (a fairly new dell) was trying to update the latest Windows version and ran into a problem with this file (iastora.sys) that is related to Intel's Rapid Storage Technology. A workaround suggested renamed the file to iastora.old. Now her system won't reboot...
  3. BSOD Often & freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Often & freezes: My computer has been crashing the past few weeks since installation and either freezes or BSOD. Until today the BSOD has frozen on 0% and not given me dump files, despite being set up to. It crashed today and I now have a minidump file - please see attached. Thanks in...
  4. System auto reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    System auto reboot: Hello Friends, I;m running Win 10 Pro 64bit. Yesterday around 22:15 (GMT+8) I remember hibernating my laptop. Then around 23:30 I saw my screen (while walking past) and saw my lock screen. I was bit puzzled because i thought I hit the hibernate button. Then I managed to dig...
  5. crash to bluescreen or system reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crash to bluescreen or system reboot: Hi, I've been having this problem when playing a game for quite sometime. Always about 10 minutes in and then all seems fine after. However, of late it is becoming more frequent or more random: Problem signature: P1: 154 P2: ffffb68a538fc000 P3: fffff9010e75c6b0 P4: 2 P5:...
  6. Windows 10 Bugcheck , system reboot

Windows 10 Bugcheck , system reboot: Hi! Lately I am having issues with my system rebooting and the event viewer stating the system has rebooted from a bugcheck. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this? Cheers, Thomas...
  7. Regular System Reboots involving ntoskrnl.exe - on system idle

Regular System Reboots involving ntoskrnl.exe - on system idle: Hi there, am having a problem with a new computer system. Freshly installed with windows 10 Pro. Have attached the DM log collector files Attachment 90539 For the first week this system ran without problems. Left online for long periods copying network files and...
  8. Win10 Photo Viewer intermittent functioning, need to reboot often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Photo Viewer intermittent functioning, need to reboot often: Have been reading 10 Forums for some time and it appears it's a great site *Smile Have a question: Had Win7, but the HD failed and my computer repair team put me in an SSD with Win10. It works and I got rid of the bloatware. I also edited the registry w/the keys to install...
  9. System clock changes randomly and often, causes applications to crash

in Windows 10 Support
    System clock changes randomly and often, causes applications to crash: I've been having a problem lately where I would be using a moderately resource-intensive application and it would crash completely, and the system clock in the lower right-hand corner would change. This happens especially when playing games, but it also happens whenever a...
  10. System Reboot for Bugcheck 0x00000124

in Windows 10 Support
    System Reboot for Bugcheck 0x00000124: Hi Guys, I recently purchased a MSI laptop (GT72VR 6RE), and upgraded Win 10 version from Home to Pro. Performed the upgrade as soon as I fired up the laptop for the first time. Last couple of weeks, while working on Google Drive (via Chrome) the computer will suddently...