Windows 10: System reboots when under load.

Discus and support System reboots when under load. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My desktop reboots when put under load. Specs: Mobo: ASUS ROG B550 Gaming Wi-fi CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X Memory: 2x8 Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hopper2011, Mar 31, 2021.

1. System reboots when under load.

My desktop reboots when put under load.

Specs:

Mobo: ASUS ROG B550 Gaming Wi-fi

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X

Memory: 2x8 Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4-3600mHz

Storage: Western Digital Blue 1TB NVME

GPU: EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 OC

PSU: Corsair RM750W 80+ Gold

My desktop restarts without a blue screen when under a not too large load.

Troubleshooting:

-BIOS has been updated, no effect

-GPU drivers up to date: Nvidia Game-Ready Drivers 465.89

-Sophos antivirus shows no concerns

-BIOS settings set to default, including memory clock rates

Event Viewer shows errors speaking of a "critical hardware failure", referencing the CPU core. CPU company AMD has been contacted. Awaiting response.

Any help would be great!

:)

Hopper2011, Mar 31, 2021

2. System stuck with loading circle in reboot loop on Windows 10

Hi Joey,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code as the computer stuck at reboot loop?
    • What exactly were you trying to perform prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

As a workaround I suggest you to unplug all the external devices connected to your computer, hard reboot the device and check with the status of this issue.

If the issue persists, try the troubleshooting steps below as the boot files of current operating system might been corrupted.

I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO file, create an installation media from other working computer to perform Startup Repair of the computer that you are unable to boot.

Using ISO file to perform Startup Repair will allow the device to boot the system to Windows Recovery Environment and tries to repair the device.

Step 1:
    I suggest you to try Startup Repairing the Windows and check if it helps.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link: Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool” in the above article for creating the tool).

Step 2: After creating the tool perform Startup Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Startup Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Startup Repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Startup Repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of booting the operating system to desktop from rebooting loop. We will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Continual System Reboot

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt system files in the system.

So to diagnose whether there are no corruptions, we suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run inbuilt system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

• Type Troubleshooting in search bar and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on System maintenance and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: We suggest you to perform clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Let us know the result.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 31, 2021
  4. fdegrove Win User

System reboots when under load.

System Image Problem

Hi Nick,

No need to stress.
    Since the dl of the windows install media failed twice in a row already we are going to do as Bill suggests.
    No use wasting another day on it at this point.

Here is a description of the steps to follow:

- Connect the external drive that contains the Macrium images we made.

-Boot off of the Macrium rescue CD. Make the necessary changes in bios so booting from CD is the highest on the boot order priority list or use the machine's bootmenu (Fn key ? ) to select to boot off of CD.

- From within Macrium select restore. Browse for image 0_SysRes etc. and load it in Macrium.

- Select the drive to restore to: your c: drive. Make sure it is the correct drive. Only one internal drive should be connected at this point.

-Drag and drop the loaded backup image to the beginning of the C:\ partition. It must be fully at the left of the partition.

- Click restore and confirm.

- Once it has finished close Macrium. It will automatically reboot.

-Boot again off of the CD.

-Macrium loads and select restore again.

-Browse for and select 1_Windows from the backup drive. Select the same destination drive and drag and drop it right next to the small partition we just restored. Click restore, confirm the overwrite and let it finish.

-Again close Macrium and reboot once more off of the cd.

-In Macrium on the top left hand side there a menu option that reads something along these lines (I'll load it in a few minutes to verify and correct if necessary) : "Fix Windows boot problems".
    Click it.

-Let it finish and reboot off the main hard drive this time.

- Cross your fingers and hopefully Windows will start up.

I suggest not doing this immediately. I hope Bill will have a look at the suggested steps and correct any if need be.

Best, *Wink

fdegrove, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

System reboots when under load.

1. System reboots when under load. - Similar Threads - System reboots under

2. PC Frequently Crashes when not under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Frequently Crashes when not under load: Depending on how heavily I am taxing my computer, it will crash with different frequencies, if I don't have anything open it will always crash within 5 minutes, if I am playing a game that is not putting a significant amount of load on my computer it will crash within around...
  3. PC Frequently Crashes when not under load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Frequently Crashes when not under load: Depending on how heavily I am taxing my computer, it will crash with different frequencies, if I don't have anything open it will always crash within 5 minutes, if I am playing a game that is not putting a significant amount of load on my computer it will crash within around...
  4. Random reboots, usually under load dump files attached

Random reboots, usually under load dump files attached: HI guys - I built myself a new system and its been running great, however, after running for several hours in games like DCS, it will randomly reboot.I found this error in the errorlog at the time of the last reboot:Hoping for some tips on where to start!I uploaded the dump...
  5. Random reboots, usually under load dump files attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random reboots, usually under load dump files attached: HI guys - I built myself a new system and its been running great, however, after running for several hours in games like DCS, it will randomly reboot.I found this error in the errorlog at the time of the last reboot:Hoping for some tips on where to start!I uploaded the dump...
  6. Computer consistently crashing when under load

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer consistently crashing when under load: Hi all,I've been having consistent crashes when using my PC - I have run the driver verifier and that stuck me into a BSOD loop. I've uploaded the minidmp files here if there is anyone who is able to help: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqzuR1juBhri1QtSWeBbE1jkeUEX Many thanks,Dave...
  7. Computer consistently crashing when under load

Computer consistently crashing when under load: Hi all,I've been having consistent crashes when using my PC - I have run the driver verifier and that stuck me into a BSOD loop. I've uploaded the minidmp files here if there is anyone who is able to help: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqzuR1juBhri1QtSWeBbE1jkeUEX Many thanks,Dave...
  8. PC Reboots under Heavy Load Sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Reboots under Heavy Load Sometimes: Back in February my PC was having some issues booting Windows via my HDD, which I figured was alright as the drive was already many years old. I decided to get an SDD M.2 as the replacement. The PC boots fine now, and much faster than it had previously. However, there's...
  9. PC Shutting itself off randomly when under a load and also not under a load

PC Shutting itself off randomly when under a load and also not under a load: Hello all. I've never written on this so I'm very new to this but i have a terrible problem that i need help with ASAP. So I'm running a custom built PC with an i9-9900k, GTX 1080, a 650 W PSU, and 16 GB of RAM. And i live stream a lot on twitch/youtube. Whenever I'm not...
  10. System Freezes While Under Load

System Freezes While Under Load: (This isn't a BSOD situation, but I can't find a forum section for system freezes) I have an i7-5820K overclocked to 4.2GHz as well as two GTX 980s in SLI. Occasionally while gaming, the system will lock up and will not respond until I shut down the computer either by...