Windows 10: System reboots without warning repeatedly

Discus and support System reboots without warning repeatedly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! For the last month or so, I have had my system reboot without warning. The screens go black, the system goes quiet and then it starts as if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffKolker, Mar 27, 2020.

1. System reboots without warning repeatedly

Hello!

For the last month or so, I have had my system reboot without warning. The screens go black, the system goes quiet and then it starts as if I had just turned it on.

I have Windows 10 Version 1909 KB4551762 installed, and think I'm updated on all my hardware and software drivers. I've turned off the automatic restart in the System Failure section of the Startup and Recovery options. I've unhooked all my USB devices except keyboard and mouse and greatly reduced my startup items.

Sometimes I can go a day or two without rebooting, sometimes it will reboot many times a day. I can't seem to tell if there is something specific that happens each time, but there does not seem to be.

Any help, advice or just a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

As it is, I'm contemplating a system refresh, but hoping to avoid that if possible.

thanks!

Jeff

:)

JeffKolker, Mar 27, 2020

2. Continual System Reboot

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt system files in the system.

So to diagnose whether there are no corruptions, we suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run inbuilt system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

• Type Troubleshooting in search bar and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on System maintenance and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: We suggest you to perform clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Let us know the result.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 rebooting repeatedly.

I have been running Windows 10 for months with no problems after installing a free upgrade from Windows 7 (which was installed on this machine). The new OS was activated and still shows that it's activated. About a week ago my computer began rebooting
    repeatedly, always when running unattended.

I am aware of the issue with "Windows license expiring". I have not received any warnings like that on the computer, but I did receive a telephone message to that effect (I thought it was a scam and ignored it). I have tried to use the "... -rearm" command
    as suggested elsewhere as a fix for this issue. The command was accepted, but that did not stop the reboots.

The event log contains many errors, including criticals. The criticals are bugchecks and other types. I have made a file with the information on one day's worth of the event log, including details of the critical errors. The file is available on OneDrive:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AnyQ0yq94LqJbZRN8cZnGUdCKPA

I have also provided the minidump file for yesterday's bugcheck error:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnyQ0yq94LqJbLx3r6Gyo2s0OKc

I appreciate any help you can give. This is a system that must remain up around the clock, so the current situation is not acceptable.

Thank you.

Edit: here is a link to the System Info file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnyQ0yq94LqJbggy6AC_w72Ynyk

DonnieBoettger, Mar 27, 2020
  4. System reboots without warning repeatedly

Windows 10 reboots itself without any warning, but just once

By googling around I found this post in which an user suggested to disable Fast Boot in Windows 10. I did so just to try, and I have to admit I've not had a reboot since then, and some days are passed already. Here are the steps to disable Fast Boot (or Hybrid Shutdown, as he calls it), but you can find them by just follow the link on the post I already linked here. They're written for Windows 8 applies to 10 as well:

So, as it seems, it was a software issue, not an hardware one.

Claudio Mezzasalma, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

System reboots without warning repeatedly

1. System reboots without warning repeatedly - Similar Threads - System reboots without

2. My laptop keeps randomly freezes and rebooting without warning, "The previous system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps randomly freezes and rebooting without warning, "The previous system...: Hello, so I have a particularly new Omen 16 b0xxx gaming laptop that sometimes randomly freezes and rebooting itself. Happened about 5-6 times for the last month. Mostly happened when playing games, only once happened when I awake the laptop from sleep mode.I don't know if...
  3. My laptop keeps randomly freezes and rebooting without warning, "The previous system...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps randomly freezes and rebooting without warning, "The previous system...: Hello, so I have a particularly new Omen 16 b0xxx gaming laptop that sometimes randomly freezes and rebooting itself. Happened about 5-6 times for the last month. Mostly happened when playing games, only once happened when I awake the laptop from sleep mode.I don't know if...
  4. Update Reboots without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Reboots without Warning: The Windows 10 operating system needs an internet connection to function at its best.This means that all updates are downloaded and installed at random times, as soon as they are made available; and the installation is followed by a reboot.This reboot could take place without...
  5. Update Reboots without Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Reboots without Warning: The Windows 10 operating system needs an internet connection to function at its best.This means that all updates are downloaded and installed at random times, as soon as they are made available; and the installation is followed by a reboot.This reboot could take place without...
  6. Update Reboots without Warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. System frequently reboots without warning, unable to determine root cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System frequently reboots without warning, unable to determine root cause: Since May 29, 2020, my computer has been randomly rebooting with no root cause I've been able to identify. Prior to that point in time, it was completely stable. [ATTACH] I've done a memory check with both the Windows Memory checker and Memtest86+. Neither of these...
  8. My pc keeps rebooting without warning

My pc keeps rebooting without warning: Hello. Recently my pc has been automatically rebooting without any warning or “the blue screen of death”. I indeed already turned off automatic restart and have event logs turned on but still nothing happens with that. It still reboots randomly like normal. This started about...
  9. PC randomly reboots without warning

PC randomly reboots without warning: Hi, My pc was working perfectly for a while until a week ago, it started rebooting randomly. Ive tried reinstalling graphics drivers, mobo drivers, formatting my drives, sfc /scannowno issues detected and installing a newOS but the issue persists. I used the windows...
  10. win 10 will reboot without warning anytime

win 10 will reboot without warning anytime: Win 10 latest version will reboot without warning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-will-reboot-without-warning-anytime/7df04d57-890f-4b57-946d-eb9ceb761b62