Windows 10: System Recovery not showing

Discus and support System Recovery not showing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently reset my laprop to remove all apps, files and reinstall windows 10. I did this through Windows Settings and not through Windows Security.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JakeSymons, Dec 29, 2018.

1. System Recovery not showing

I recently reset my laprop to remove all apps, files and reinstall windows 10. I did this through Windows Settings and not through Windows Security.

I backed up my files 'just in case' but I have not made any backup of Windows 10.

The system prepared for restart but after the restart it came up that it was 'Preparing Automatic Repair'. But the next screen was just blank and had two uninown options. The one on the left turns the laptop of straight away. The one on the right restarts it back to that screen.

System Recovery not showing [​IMG]

I am able to press ESC and then view the options. I have done a full system diagnostic which passed everything.

When I press F11 to system restore it goes back to the same screen.

Is there any way I can fix it myself? Or do I need to go back to HP.

:)

JakeSymons, Dec 29, 2018
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144395

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Dec 29, 2018
  3. android recovery and kernel.img

IF you cannot enter ADB then your drivers are not working. Download the proper drivers for the device and do adb.exe devices to see if it shows anything

brandonwh64, Dec 29, 2018
  4. System Recovery not showing

android recovery and kernel.img

For thouse who CAN help...:I can't enter adb (device not recognized), can't flash using stock recovery (don't really know the steps and stuck at triage and dead android when in recovery),

ELiTRiGG3R, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

System Recovery not showing

1. System Recovery not showing - Similar Threads - System Recovery showing

2. Can't take recovery from my system image, it shows to create a recovery disk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't take recovery from my system image, it shows to create a recovery disk.: I created a recovery disk to get my initial state of system back after changing my SSD and installing windows afresh.Now I boot up into the system image recovery and select the image that I created as backup but in next steps the problem arises, it tells me that I should...
  3. System Recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Recovery: Hi I have done a system recovery of my Windows 10 x64 , ver1909, Desktop PC to a Pen Drive, now I have just got a Dual Layer Rewriter and DL Discs, I would like to put that onto a DVD , would that be possible and to be able to boot from the the DVD ? . cheers Spike 173230
  4. System Recovery

System Recovery: I reset my Gateway Windows 10 laptop, basically wiped everything but my documents. Problem is the documents do not open when selected, a pop up asks what program to use to open there is no Office or Word choice. The extension is pptx. I tried to reset the system again to...
  5. System Recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Recovery: This weekend my temporary block on updates ended so I was forced, once again, to accept the update to Windows Edge, which deleted a lot of my saved favourites. Like before, I tried to do a system recovery in order to revert back to my old Edge, but this time it simply refuses...
  6. System image recovery

System image recovery: I'm about to get a new computer and I was wondering: Since I procured my Windows 10 via the free upgrade, will I need to buy a retail version of Windows 10 after I make a system image recovery?...
  7. System recovery problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System recovery problem: i cant find any solution on all internet so u are my last hope its starts here... for a few days trying Navigate Controll panel->recovery->Create recovery drive->Next->then this message We cant create recovery drive on this pc some required files are missing. To...
  8. System recovery

System recovery: So i tried running a system recovery, it hung n black screen four hours i rebooted and it was still on a black screen i was later able to enter my bios setup inrestored default and continued to boot it brought up hp file based installer, said it was installing software not to...
  9. System recovery

System recovery: I accidentally installed windows server 2012 r2 evaluation over my C drive instead of in a virtual environment. Is there a way to recover the system to before I did this? I think I may have did a clean install but I remember it saying its saved it as windows.old or something...
  10. system recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    system recovery: I have all kinds of system recoveries on my pc and when I go to recover a past time on my PC .It will run for about 20 minutes or more and then I get a mesasage that my system was not restored to that time .Please try a different restore point . I never had this problem with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 4540s preparing automatic repair

2. windows phone not showing on windows recovery