Windows 10: System recovery option

Discus and support System recovery option in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Choose a recovery toolOperating system: windows 7onD: Windows Starup repair Automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rohit2597, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Rohit2597 Win User

System recovery option

Choose a recovery toolOperating system: windows 7onD: Windows Starup repair Automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting System Restore Restore Windows to an earlier point in time System Image Recovery Recover your Computer using a system Image you created earlier Windows Memory Diagnostic Check your computer for memory hardware earrorsCommand Prompt Open a command prompt window

:)

Rohit2597, Nov 25, 2022
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Missing options in Recovery in Settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Following are the steps to assist you in how to
    Roll Back
    to your previous OS.

• Click on the Start icon
    • Click on Settings, and then click on Update and Security.
    • On the left pane you will find Recovery option, you will find the option
      Go Back to Earlier Build and the click on Get Started.
    Your system will restore back to your previous OS.

Note:

• If you have upgraded from a Windows 7 OS to Windows 10, but your original OS in your computer is either a Windows 7 or 8. The system will roll back to the original OS
    • If you want to roll back your system to the previous OS,31 days after installing Windows 10 you will not be able to perform the roll back.
    • If you perform a Clean install while loading Windows 10, the option to roll back will not be possible.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Nov 25, 2022
  4. System recovery option

Option to search My stuff in Cortana missing

Hello,

• When you say, "MY STUFF option or magnifying glass icon" exactly which option are you referring to?
    • Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point and check if this helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Write us back with the above information and the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

System recovery option

1. System recovery option - Similar Threads - System recovery option

2. System recovery option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System recovery option: Choose a recovery toolOperating system: windows 7onD: Windows Starup repair Automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting System Restore Restore Windows to an earlier point in time System Image Recovery Recover your Computer using a system Image you...
  3. Stopping Service from System Recovery Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopping Service from System Recovery Options: I have been stuck on infinite startup repair when i messed up msconfig, after i enabled Vanguard anti cheat service of a Valorant games on a Windows 7. Neither i cant start normally my pc or even try safe mode from advanced boot options.Now if theres still hope, I wanted to...
  4. Stopping Service from System Recovery Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping Service from System Recovery Options: I have been stuck on infinite startup repair when i messed up msconfig, after i enabled Vanguard anti cheat service of a Valorant games on a Windows 7. Neither i cant start normally my pc or even try safe mode from advanced boot options.Now if theres still hope, I wanted to...
  5. Option for recovery from system backup in start menu and more

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Option for recovery from system backup in start menu and more: Hello! First, please excuse me for my poor english - it's not my mother language! I will make my PC dual boot with windows 10 and 7 and I have an idea – is it possible to make full system drive backup (with activation, all drivers, apps, system and apps settings) on separate...
  6. System image recovery is not an option in the troubleshoot center

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System image recovery is not an option in the troubleshoot center: I needed to go into the windows image system recovery but when i went into the troubleshoot center I could not find the box that said image recovery, can someone help?...
  7. System recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System recovery: I accidentally installed windows server 2012 r2 evaluation over my C drive instead of in a virtual environment. Is there a way to recover the system to before I did this? I think I may have did a clean install but I remember it saying its saved it as windows.old or something...
  8. system recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    system recovery: I have all kinds of system recoveries on my pc and when I go to recover a past time on my PC .It will run for about 20 minutes or more and then I get a mesasage that my system was not restored to that time .Please try a different restore point . I never had this problem with...
  9. Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option.

Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option.: Hello friends! I have a little doubt regarding the creation of a recovery disc.When starting the creation of a recovery unit, if I select the option "Back up system files to the recovery drive", according to the media creation program, I can perform a Windows installation...
  10. System Image Recovery option missing

System Image Recovery option missing: Hi guys, Forgive me if I posted in the wrong section. My problem started when I try to perform a windows creator upgrade. After the upgrading process, I ran "winver" but it shows my current version as "1607 Build 14393.447". So I try to restore using my backup image but...