Windows 10: System Recovery Software Freezing

Discus and support System Recovery Software Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Nothing was loading in my Windows 10. Tried opening chrome and another program and the screen just sat there. Attempted to shut down through windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IXxSoAmaZinGxXI, Feb 14, 2020.

1. System Recovery Software Freezing

Nothing was loading in my Windows 10. Tried opening chrome and another program and the screen just sat there. Attempted to shut down through windows but taskbar would not load. Hard powered down.

Turned back on showed Windows logo with the swirling loading dots beneath.. sat for about 10 seconds and then blue screen appeared stating unmountable boot volume and said will restart. After it restarts it says preparing for automatic repair. Then a screen flashes extremely fast and get black screen which just sits there and does nothing.Have attempted to hard reset pc 3 times on windows loading screen to bring up onboard recovery method. But does not work.

Attempted to create recovery media 3 times, 2 usbs and a dvd. Thought maybe first usb was bad so created another one. The usbs both run extremely slow and the dvd is even worse. Not the recovery media, as when tested on another laptop runs fine. All three when loaded up from start up load into recovery screen choose language to install, time and currency, keyboard or input method, and a next button which takes about 3 minutes to appear. I click next and it take ls me to the install now screen, with the Repair your computer in the bottom corner. I press the Repair your computer and then have to sit and wait again for a good five mins for the actual recovery screen to appear.

Once in the recovery menu, three options, two which will not do anything for me. These are the continue and turn off your PC. I select Troubleshoot. These are the following things I have done.

Command Prompt

Chkdsk /r c:

It shows the results and says no bad clusters

Bootrec /fixboot

Says it was successful

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

Says Succesfully scanned Windows installations

Total Identified Windows installations : 0

The operation was completed succesfully

Reset after these results with same blue screen pops up with unmountable boot volume

Selecting System Repair, System Restore, System Recovery Image, and Uninstall updates

Asks which OS. Windows 10 is only option. Selecting this results in a blue screen that just sits there. No other options appear.

Even attempted to start the install from Windows Recovery instead of choosing repair.. and it just sits at a screen that says I believe Setting Up.. but goes no further.. again I have tried all of these options on another laptop using the same usb and it runs normally menus show up after 5-10 seconds normally, no freezing, etc..

So not sure if I have any other options, and if there is anything else that can be done. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :

:)

IXxSoAmaZinGxXI, Feb 14, 2020
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 14, 2020
  4. slim142 Win User

System Recovery Software Freezing

Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

System Recovery Software Freezing

1. System Recovery Software Freezing - Similar Threads - System Recovery Software

2. Difference between system software and operating system software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between system software and operating system software: What distinguishes system software from operating system software? * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-system-software-and-operating/273dd2c1-9bd0-4ad2-9afb-f30adbc354ff
  3. Difference between system software and operating system software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference between system software and operating system software: What distinguishes system software from operating system software? * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-system-software-and-operating/273dd2c1-9bd0-4ad2-9afb-f30adbc354ff
  4. Freezing Office software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing Office software: I am working remotely from home logging into my company database. I use a second monitor to help with different tasks. Recently I have been experiencing issues of freezing with office application on my computer. I have tried a laptop and and all in one PC and it is the same...
  5. Software Windows Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Software Windows Freezes: So im on a new pc and im having a strange problem where sometimes when I start a program the program window freezes for a couple of seconds and I cant move it on my desktop. I don't know if this is a software or hardware issue. I'm running Windows 10 Pro. Version 1909 OS...
  6. file recovery software

file recovery software: pretty much as the subject states, looking for a tool to recover files on a hard drive the smart has failed on for a friend ideally a free tool so l can recover her coursework and important photos. currently sourcing tools lve googled but wondering if there are better than...
  7. file recovery software

in Windows 10 Support
    file recovery software: pretty much as the subject states, looking for a tool to recover files on a hard drive the smart has failed on for a friend ideally a free tool so l can recover her coursework and important photos. currently sourcing tools lve googled but wondering if there are better than...
  8. System recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System recovery: I accidentally installed windows server 2012 r2 evaluation over my C drive instead of in a virtual environment. Is there a way to recover the system to before I did this? I think I may have did a clean install but I remember it saying its saved it as windows.old or something...
  9. Recovery software help

Recovery software help: The following is from the Macrium knowledge base: "Windows cannot boot from a USB connected drive. This is a restriction imposed by Windows." I have created a backup on my HP Pocket external drive - usb connection - from reading the above, looks like it is a worthless effort....
  10. system recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    system recovery: I have all kinds of system recoveries on my pc and when I go to recover a past time on my PC .It will run for about 20 minutes or more and then I get a mesasage that my system was not restored to that time .Please try a different restore point . I never had this problem with...