Windows 10: System recovery stuck in loop Windows10

Discus and support System recovery stuck in loop Windows10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I added a second user, and made that user an Admin locally, choosing to not use a MSFT account for this user. On my original user account, I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChuckT1, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ChuckT1 Win User

System recovery stuck in loop Windows10

I added a second user, and made that user an Admin locally, choosing to not use a MSFT account for this user. On my original user account, I then deleted my original user account, was logged out immediately back to the user login prompt.

Then I did a System Restore choosing the option for "choose this option if you're keeping your computer"..... it seemed to come back, prompting for Time Zone, Keyboard type, and WiFi. This looped over and over.

So then I tried to repeat the restore, this time picking "Do this if you're selling the computer" so that it was a wipe. And again, I'm back to the same seemingly endless loop.

I do not have an optical drive to try and re-install Windows. I can try to download a Win10 ISO (where do you download this?) and install on a bootable USB. Or is there a solution to getting out of this "Just a moment..." loop.

:)

ChuckT1, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

windows recovery loop

Hi,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

Are you able to Windows recovery environment?

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.

Do let us know if you are able to boot to desktop. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 6, 2018
  4. System recovery stuck in loop Windows10

stuck in recovery

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your computer is stuck in Automatic repair loop. In this case, I would suggest you to try the following methods:

Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer except essential devices like keyboard and mouse and then boot the computer and check. Sometimes, issues with external devices could cause issues with Windows startup. If the issue still persists,
    try the following methods.

Method 1: Run SFC/SCANNOW command in Windows 10:

• Left click on Start button.

• Right click on Command Prompt (Admin) option which will let you run
      'Run as administrator’.

• Command Prompt Window pops up.

• Type: SFC /SCANNOW and hit Enter.

You can also follow the link below for reference:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Try the following steps to run DISM scan to check and restore system file corruption:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Method 2: If the above steps didn’t fix the issue, then I would suggest you to perform a system restore to an earlier date prior to this issue. Refer to these steps to perform a system restore from within the Windows recovery
    environment:

• When you enter the blue screen with advanced options (Windows recovery environment), click on ‘Troubleshoot’.
    • Now, click on ‘Advanced options’ and then click on ‘System Restore’.
    • Follow the prompts and choose a restore point created before this issue started.

Please let us know how it goes. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

System recovery stuck in loop Windows10

1. System recovery stuck in loop Windows10 - Similar Threads - System recovery stuck

2. Windows recovery stuck and keeps looping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery stuck and keeps looping: Hi all,I tried recovering my HP laptop, after running recovery it got stuck and come up with recovery failed after few retry, I got it to get to dark blue screen with administrator and welcome message, then it restarts to light blue screen running Wpeinit and then powercfg...
  3. Windows recovery stuck and keeps looping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery stuck and keeps looping: Hi all,I tried recovering my HP laptop, after running recovery it got stuck and come up with recovery failed after few retry, I got it to get to dark blue screen with administrator and welcome message, then it restarts to light blue screen running Wpeinit and then powercfg...
  4. Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery: My windows 10 pc is stuck in boot loop, cant even get into windows. If i try to enter recovery mode pc shuts down and it repeats. Even the system is trying to repair/recover windows, but in that process will fail and shut down. I tried everything i could find online...
  5. Stuck in a Windows Recovery Environment loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in a Windows Recovery Environment loop: I'm trying to reset my pc but do I need a flash drive in order to reset the pc. Also I'm on windows 10. I'm asking this because it says Are you ready to reset this device? This can't be undone MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE IS PLUGGED IN. I am confused on when it says device because...
  6. Stuck in a Windows Recovery Environment loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in a Windows Recovery Environment loop: I am stuck in a loop when I try to continue to windows 10 it sends me back from where I started. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-a-windows-recovery-environment-loop/c01259d9-de0d-4803-bb05-a962d7307096
  7. Stuck in a loop while resetting Windows10

Stuck in a loop while resetting Windows10: i had to reset Windows10 and choose resetall the drivers option but after some time a blue screen popped up saying 'hi, we are setting a few things for you' and asked the preferred laguage,time zone and regions and i selected.Next screen said there were a few problems but...
  8. Stuck on recovery boot loop

Stuck on recovery boot loop: My laptop booted to windows 10 with all my files deleted no desktop icons and other data was deleted. I tried to hp recovery to reset to factory condition Windows 7. But after completion of the recovery process, it shows incomplete restoration and shows 3 options - save...
  9. Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop: I bought this computer last week, and I screwed up my carbonite restore (I agreed to the default, which pointed it at the boot drive rather than the data drive) and so I decided to reset the computer to defaults and start over. So I went to Recovery and then Reset this PC,...
  10. My PC is stuck in a recovery loop

My PC is stuck in a recovery loop: My PC is stuck in a recovery loop. I have tried to wipe it and boot it from a Windows usb and disk and tried wiping the hard drive using someone else computer and only 200gb shows instead of 3tb...