Windows 10: System recovery stuck in loop Windows10

Discus and support System recovery stuck in loop Windows10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I added a second user, and made that user an Admin locally, choosing to not use a MSFT account for this user. On my original user account, I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChuckT1, Dec 6, 2018.

1. ChuckT1 Win User

System recovery stuck in loop Windows10

I added a second user, and made that user an Admin locally, choosing to not use a MSFT account for this user. On my original user account, I then deleted my original user account, was logged out immediately back to the user login prompt.

Then I did a System Restore choosing the option for "choose this option if you're keeping your computer"..... it seemed to come back, prompting for Time Zone, Keyboard type, and WiFi. This looped over and over.

So then I tried to repeat the restore, this time picking "Do this if you're selling the computer" so that it was a wipe. And again, I'm back to the same seemingly endless loop.

I do not have an optical drive to try and re-install Windows. I can try to download a Win10 ISO (where do you download this?) and install on a bootable USB. Or is there a solution to getting out of this "Just a moment..." loop.

:)

ChuckT1, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

windows recovery loop

Hi,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

Are you able to Windows recovery environment?

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.

Do let us know if you are able to boot to desktop. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 6, 2018
  4. System recovery stuck in loop Windows10

stuck in recovery

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your computer is stuck in Automatic repair loop. In this case, I would suggest you to try the following methods:

Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer except essential devices like keyboard and mouse and then boot the computer and check. Sometimes, issues with external devices could cause issues with Windows startup. If the issue still persists,
    try the following methods.

Method 1: Run SFC/SCANNOW command in Windows 10:

• Left click on Start button.

• Right click on Command Prompt (Admin) option which will let you run
      'Run as administrator’.

• Command Prompt Window pops up.

• Type: SFC /SCANNOW and hit Enter.

You can also follow the link below for reference:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Try the following steps to run DISM scan to check and restore system file corruption:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Method 2: If the above steps didn’t fix the issue, then I would suggest you to perform a system restore to an earlier date prior to this issue. Refer to these steps to perform a system restore from within the Windows recovery
    environment:

• When you enter the blue screen with advanced options (Windows recovery environment), click on ‘Troubleshoot’.
    • Now, click on ‘Advanced options’ and then click on ‘System Restore’.
    • Follow the prompts and choose a restore point created before this issue started.

Please let us know how it goes. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

System recovery stuck in loop Windows10

1. System recovery stuck in loop Windows10 - Similar Threads - System recovery stuck

2. Stuck in Repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Repair loop: I commpressed my c drive to save space on my laptop. It shutdown midway through and hs been stuck ina ''diagnosing your pc'' ''system repair loop ever since. I have tried to factory reset but it always says something is wrong and no changes were made. I thought the problem...
  3. Win 10 stuck in BSOD recovery mode loop

Win 10 stuck in BSOD recovery mode loop: Hi Guys Looking for some help please to recover my desktop which will not boot up after a possible forced shut down/power interrupt. PC gets stuck in attempting repairs loop so created installation media usb drive and used this to reach advanced options where System...
  4. Windows recovery loop

Windows recovery loop: Recently i decided to reset all my information and start from scratch. Well after 30 minutes of this my PC reatarts and gets stuck. I accidentally removed the power source and shut down the computer. Now everytime I try to turn it on I get a blue screen, it has a lot of...
  5. Stuck in update loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck in update loop: After 34 years and thousands of dollars spent on Microsoft and related products I am pricing Macs now unless I can solve this. I am running Windows 10 Home version 1709. This was a free upgrade from Windows 7. This upgrade was over two years ago. I will not go into previous...
  6. Windows10 startup repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 startup repair loop: I am in Windows10 repair loop on startup. I am using Windows10 without a key. I just downloaded Windows onto a desktop I built and it has ASRock AB350 Pro 4 motherboard. Started shutting down to repair once on startup but eventually got worse until it is constantly in this...
  7. STUCK IN Recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STUCK IN Recovery: The BSOD started after I cleaned the windows.old like I usually do with ccleaner but this time it caused infinite BSOD when I rebooted. It is completely stuck in recovery without being able to do anything. Can't reset as it will reboot halfway through the reset. Tried using a...
  8. Stuck on update loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck on update loop: I am not sure where else to post this I am having a huge problem for a while now with my windows 10 desktop it will go into update mode but about half the update it says "we couldnt complete the updates undoing changes" and restarts my pc, it does this in an infinite loop and...
  9. Stuck in Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Repair Loop: I recently updated to build 10130 and now I'm stuck in a "Preparing Automatic Repair" -> Restart loop. Any thoughts on how to fix this? 6468
  10. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in boot loop: I really hope I'm able to communicate everything I've tried here, because it's been a lot so far :P The problem first happened when I tried to install new RealTek audio drivers because my sound failed. Part of that process is to reboot after uninstalling the old drivers....