Windows 10: System Recovery

Discus and support System Recovery in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; This weekend my temporary block on updates ended so I was forced, once again, to accept the update to Windows Edge, which deleted a lot of my saved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Chips2, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Chips2 Win User

System Recovery

This weekend my temporary block on updates ended so I was forced, once again, to accept the update to Windows Edge, which deleted a lot of my saved favourites. Like before, I tried to do a system recovery in order to revert back to my old Edge, but this time it simply refuses to recover. All I get is an error report once the recovery's completed its task. My guess is that Windows 10 is doing the same as Win 7 did, where I now have to start the computer in safe mode before I do a restore. Trouble is, it seems that Win 10 safe mode isn't started like the version on Win 7. Can anyone help with a system recovery? Also, is there any way to permanently block Edge from updating if or when I've gotten my old settings restored?

:)

Chips2, Aug 4, 2020
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Aug 4, 2020
  3. android recovery and kernel.img

For thouse who CAN help...:I can't enter adb (device not recognized), can't flash using stock recovery (don't really know the steps and stuck at triage and dead android when in recovery),

ELiTRiGG3R, Aug 4, 2020
  4. System Recovery

System Protection Recovery

Windows 10

1. Step 1: Right-click the lower-left corner and open System in the Quick Access Menu.
    2. Step 2: Choose System protection on the left.
    3. Step 3: Select a hard disk and tap Configure to move on.
    4. Step 4: Choose Turn on system protection and hit OK.
    5. Step 3: Select Disable system protection and hit OK.

HelpingHands1, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

System Recovery

1. System Recovery - Similar Threads - System Recovery

2. System Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Recovery: I reset my Gateway Windows 10 laptop, basically wiped everything but my documents. Problem is the documents do not open when selected, a pop up asks what program to use to open there is no Office or Word choice. The extension is pptx. I tried to reset the system again to...
  3. All browsers stopped working after system recovery windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All browsers stopped working after system recovery windows 10: Hi Every thing working fine in my windows until I did System recovery. Then all the browsers stopped from opening and looks like they were blocked! When I clicked them nothing openend and I could not do a troubleshout either. I stopped the nortin firwall but nothing changed....
  4. fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fresh install of Win10 on SSD but no system reserve/recovery partitions: Hi After a fresh install of Win10 on SSD, I have no system reserve/recovery partitions on C: - Is this an issue? I am experiencing freezes and boot problems after the freeze until I remove all the drives. I have 2 other SATA HDD's which were not connected at the time of...
  5. Problem after System Recovery

Problem after System Recovery: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd gen running Windows 10 professional with build OS10.0.19536.1000. I reset only the software and I can't login again. Fingerprint doesn't work and PIN doesn't work either. On top it says Password and inside the text entry it says PIN. Both...
  6. How do I resolve a Windows 10 system image recovery resulting in error 0x80070495

How do I resolve a Windows 10 system image recovery resulting in error 0x80070495: I installed an upgrade to my system drive to increase volume space. The old system disk has been properly saved as a "system image" on a disk in my system. The old system disk was removed and replaced with the new disk, which was properly initialized as an NTFS volume with...
  7. Windows 10 installation stuck at system recovery after the first restart of installation.

Windows 10 installation stuck at system recovery after the first restart of installation.: I am trying to install windows 10 from bootable Pendrive. But In Installing Windows screen everything works good but afterInstalling updates process setup goes for the automatic restart as part of completing the installation of windows 10. Here all problems begin, after...
  8. (Beginner here) Unable to do system image recovery on lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Beginner here) Unable to do system image recovery on lenovo laptop: Hi there. At first I was trying to reset my laptop using the reset feature in windows 10. In the middle process, the windows recovery environment suddenly popped up. I tried the startup repair but it didn't work. After searching for a solution online, I decided to create a...
  9. SYSTEM COLLAPSE DURING THE PROCESS OF WINDOWS RESET/RECOVERY AND UPDATE!

SYSTEM COLLAPSE DURING THE PROCESS OF WINDOWS RESET/RECOVERY AND UPDATE!: My PC DELL-VOSTRO 15-3568, I Purchased with Windows 10 Version 1899, during April, 2019 Online, through Amazon.I have been Updating the same from time to time to the Updated Versions. 0n 18th June, 2020, I have Updated to the Latest VERSION 2004. Since then, the System...
  10. System recovery point?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System recovery point?: So I want to create some sort of disk image or system recovery point (don’t know the right terminology).this is what I am exactly looking for: I want to have some sort of disk image that lets me reset/recover windows to a certain point in time. In my case I want it to be a...