Windows 10: system registry backup

Discus and support system registry backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I re-enable the automatic system registry backup in windows 10, ver 1903?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VincentFranz, Jun 30, 2019.

1. system registry backup

How do I re-enable the automatic system registry backup in windows 10, ver 1903?

:)

VincentFranz, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Jerry8AB Win User

Registry Backup - Question

Registry Backup

I am reading a book, Windows 10 Anniversary Update. It makes these two statements.

• File History also keeps a copy of your Registry.
    • Every time you start your computer, it makes a backup copy of that Registry.
    Where and how do I find these copies?

Thanks,

Jerry

5/29/17

Jerry8AB, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    I get the following error when trying to setup sytem backup

Hello Dave,

This issue occurs if the scheduled backup task is corrupt. To resolve this issue, I suggest that you follow these steps to modify the registry.

Disclaimer: The steps below includes system registry modification. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Make sure to backup registry first, please refer to this support article:
    How to back up the registry in Windows. Please follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start > type regedit and press
      Enter.
    2. Browse through the following location.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Schedule key and then delete its subkeys.
    3. Save the changes and then exit out of the registry editor.

Update us with results for further help.

Carlo Fer, Jun 30, 2019
  4. system registry backup

registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

system registry backup

1. system registry backup - Similar Threads - system registry backup

2. Registry Backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Registry Backups: Based on a lot of Googling and information from this forum I created the below batch file to backup my Windows 10 registry from an elevated cmd prompt. Everything is working perfectly but I have a question on what I'm backing up. Are there other registry hives/locations that...
  3. Registry Backup & Restore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Backup & Restore: After becoming disenchanted with the Windows Restore Point methodology, I’ve started taking manual registry backups using ‘RegEdit’. My query is that if I need to restore from one of these backups, does it completely replace the current contents of the registry, or, does...
  4. Registry backup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry backup.: Hi… I'm writing for help; I need to back up my computer registry in Windows 10. In an informative way, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-backup/dd995970-3925-4591-b11b-6d5f49ea968f
  5. Backup System Registry Hives

Backup System Registry Hives: Create backups of the system registry hives to C:\Registry_Backups folder. Code: :: Created By @Echo Off & Cls Echo. Echo. Call :IsAdmin If Not Exist C:\Registry_Backups (md C:\Registry_Backups) Else (Goto :Skip) If Not Exist C:\Registry_Backups\RegOld (Md...
  6. Backup Registry Hives

Backup Registry Hives: As many of us knows that latest version of Windows 10 won't backup registry hives which could be needed when Windows 10 won't boot because of registry errors. I have created batch script for backing up registry hives this batch script will create two folders at root of C:...
  7. Backup Registry Hives

in Windows 10 Support
    Backup Registry Hives: As many of us knows that latest version of Windows 10 won't backup registry hives which could be needed when Windows 10 won't boot because of registry errors. I have created batch script for backing up registry hives this batch script will create two folders at root of C:...
  8. Is it necessary to backup the registry?

Is it necessary to backup the registry?: When I used Windows 7, I used a program called RegBak to backup the registry. You could even restore the registry with it if the system didn't boot. I also found this article, How to restore Registry from its secret backup on Windows 10, but my "secret backup" is empty. I...
  9. Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10: How to: Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10 How to Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry to RegBack folder when Computer Restarts in Windows 10 By default, Windows 10 backs up the registry to the RegBack folder when the computer...
  10. Backup Registry, Reset Windows, and Restore Registry afterwards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Registry, Reset Windows, and Restore Registry afterwards: This could be one of the ridiculous post have ever made. But, I have been wondering what will happen if I backup all of the registry keys, reset Windows 10, and then restore the registry keys? Will it affect device driver? Will the device be bricked? 62996