Windows 10: System repair / recovery

Discus and support System repair / recovery in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, System Repair / Recovery doesn't work in my Windows 10 Pro version 1909. Error code : 0x81000203 : stations cannot be scanned (?). How to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by loover1, Jan 6, 2020.

1. loover1 Win User

System repair / recovery

Hello,

System Repair / Recovery doesn't work in my Windows 10 Pro version 1909.
    Error code : 0x81000203 : stations cannot be scanned (?).

How to solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards.

:)

loover1, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Recovery. Your pc or device needs to be repaired

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Startup repair. To do that, follow these steps:

• Using you installation media, access the Windows recovery environment.
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Choose Advanced option
    • Choose Automatic Repair or Startup Repair.
    • Once done, your system will restart.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Hello,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Please provide us more information help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Did you receive any error message or error code?

• What is the error that you receive while performing system image recovery through repair disk?

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

Reply with necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 6, 2020
  4. System repair / recovery

Recovery Drive versus System Repair Disc

In Windows 10 there are two different operating system recovery/repair programs:

• Using Control Panel | System and Security | Backup and Restore (Windows 7) you can create a System Repair Disc, typically on a DVD.
    • By searching for Recovery Drive you can create a recovery drive on a USB drive that typically requires ~6 GB.
    Is it important to make both of these, and when do you want one and when do you want the other?

Should each of these be updated for major operating system updates?

Mickey Segal, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

System repair / recovery

1. System repair / recovery - Similar Threads - System repair recovery

2. Create Windows 11 System Repair Disk and a Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create Windows 11 System Repair Disk and a Recovery Drive: I created a Windows "System Repair disk" on an external USB DVD disk, using the Control Panel selected Backup and Restore Windows 7.I also created a "Recovery Drive" on an external USB Flash drive, from the "Settings" screen.When I look at the contents on both of them, I...
  3. Recovery, Image and Repair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery, Image and Repair: What is the difference between a System Recovery Drive, a System Image Backup and A System Repair Disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-image-and-repair/524795a2-7f56-4c3f-839f-c63ec4a54574
  4. Recovery, Image and Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery, Image and Repair: What is the difference between a System Recovery Drive, a System Image Backup and A System Repair Disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-image-and-repair/524795a2-7f56-4c3f-839f-c63ec4a54574
  5. Recovery, Image and Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Problem with Win 10 system repair disk or recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Win 10 system repair disk or recovery disk: I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me regarding safety disks/usb. I have Windows 10 Home 64bit. It says ut is version 19042, 1502 I am trying to make a new up-to-date Windows system repair disk. My previous repair disk seems to boot up fine but the two brand new...
  7. recovery system image repair disk

recovery system image repair disk: I have a Dell 7010 with current updates for win 10. I purchased two new 250g hard drives. I used the system repair disk to install my system backup on the first one. Witch seemed to work fine. when I tried to put the system on my second new hard drive the repair disk will...
  8. Recovery repair looping

Recovery repair looping: Microsoft upgraded my Win7 HP Compaq nx7400 Laptop to Win10 free of charge and it worked fine. Hence I have no cd or dvd. Having already got Win10 on my PC, Parkard Bell an Toshiba laptops which are working fine, I neglected to make a recovery usb for the HP laptop. I want...
  9. System Recovery > Repair folder hogging disk space

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Recovery > Repair folder hogging disk space: I have noticed that C:\System Recovery\Repair is taking a large amount of disc space. TreeSize shows that it contains 351,288 files, Size 53.8GB, Allocated 36.2GB. The file types are mainly .dll .exe .manifest .sys .mof .cat I read elsewhere on the web that it might relate...
  10. Updating system repair/recovery disk?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Updating system repair/recovery disk?: Hi, I am running windows 10 Creator version. My system repair/recovery USB flash drive was created during windows 8.1. Do I have to update the stick? 94124