Windows 10: System requirements for a game

Discus and support System requirements for a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am pretty rubbish when it comes to tech so please bare with me. I have downloaded a game without checking system requirements. The main issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Micclem, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Micclem Win User

System requirements for a game

I am pretty rubbish when it comes to tech so please bare with me.

I have downloaded a game without checking system requirements. The main issue is that the game requires at least 2GB of Video Memory. I have checked this and I have over 2GB but on MS store it says it cannot detect hardware. Am I doing something wrong or is there something in settings that I haven't done?

I am trying to play this game on a laptop but still should work.

:)

Micclem, Jan 14, 2021

2. $4000 Gaming System

Ok, a buddy of mine has *Rockout :rockout: $4000 *Rockout :rockout: to blow on a balls-to-the-wall gaming system.
    Minimums: Conroe, dual-graphics cards, physics accelorator, 320GB storage, 4GB RAM, liquid cooling.
    Please list your component suggestions here (list links only if you want to):

error_f0rce, Jan 14, 2021
  3. System restarts while accessing games from Steam on Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the games using Steam on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates and driver updates on your device?
    • Have you checked with the game compatibility and system requirements to access the games?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest to check with the system requirements to play the game.

Step 1: As you have already installed Steam in compatibility on Windows 10, I suggest to install the games in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated gaming software from the manufacturer's website.
    • Right click the gaming software
      installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the game and check.

Step 2: Update Graphics Driver.

Download the latest drivers from manufacturer's website, try to install them manually and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software and click on
      Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 14, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. System requirements for a game - Similar Threads - System requirements game

2. System Requirement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Requirement: Can my Core i7-7700k processor run and install Win11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-requirement/43983602-c048-43ec-ad6e-27d7c6e21635
  3. System requirements for windows 11 on gaming pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System requirements for windows 11 on gaming pc: I installed windows 11 when it came out which was ages ago. When I logged onto my pc today it said my PC didn't meet the requirements for windows 11 anymore even though I have a good pc. I am now contemplating dropping back to windows 10 so I don't have any risks on my pc...
  4. System requirements for windows 11 on gaming pc

System requirements for windows 11 on gaming pc: I installed windows 11 when it came out which was ages ago. When I logged onto my pc today it said my PC didn't meet the requirements for windows 11 anymore even though I have a good pc. I am now contemplating dropping back to windows 10 so I don't have any risks on my pc...
  5. system requirements

system requirements: i got a message of this pc doesn't currently meet all the system requirements for windows 11. I downloaded pc health check, and ran it and find the tpm 2.0 is not activated. I activated the tpm in the bios and ran the pc health check app again and every thing was ok. the...
  6. system requirements

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system requirements: is there any system reqirements to use design center its not allowing my cromebook says its not compatiable and is there any brands it does not reconize either ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-requirements/5ca41fb5-593b-435a-bb23-c4c88e109248
  7. Xbox Game Bar recording system requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar recording system requirements: Hi, I am using an NVIDIA GeForce 1030 GT Graphic Card on my PC and it's driver is up to date. Regardless of this, the Game Bar is telling me that I do not meet the hardware requirements for recording clips. How do I resolve this issue? As far as I can tell from personal...
  8. system requirements

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system requirements: What are the system requirements? The initial Windows 10 conversion went fine until there was an update around Christmas that gave an error message. That continued until there was another update that recognized that not all computers are new. I don't want to install the new...
  9. system requirments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system requirments: I was trying to install a game on my computer from the Microsoft app store, and the required video memory for that game is 2gb. My computer has integrated graphics, and task manager says the graphics has 7.9 gb of shared gpu memory. the total ram on my computer is 16gb, and...
  10. system requirements

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    system requirements: Hello. I have a 4 month old Desktop that has been a nightmare from day 1. I don't know if OS 10 was already installed or if it was 8 or 8.1 When plugged in for the first time it just started downloading and 10 was activated. Updates, Bit locker and so on. The System...