Windows 10: System Reserved defrag % climbing after three major 1903 updates

Discus and support System Reserved defrag % climbing after three major 1903 updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; *Confused Last three 1903 updates (all three were this latest Tuesday update that I screwed up and had to sys restore), the fixed % (was 10%) system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mega10user, Sep 11, 2019.

1. System Reserved defrag % climbing after three major 1903 updates

*Confused Last three 1903 updates (all three were this latest Tuesday update that I screwed up and had to sys restore), the fixed % (was 10%) system reserved drive, has climbed 1% per update, now at 13%. IMHO, since windows defrag does not defrag this drive it MUST be addressed by MS. I do not believe a third source program or hack should be used since MS is responsible for causing this omission in disk defrag. This problem has been a topic of discussion for quite a while (resulting in many hacks and 3rd party software hacks to 'fix'). As we all know, many of these 'successful' hacks (?) seem to be only effective until the next update Tuesday. Does anyone have any official insight about MS doing anything about this recent and ongoing problem with this fragged drive. Please don't reply by saying this drive doesn't matter (paraphrased from many replies in the many posts here), I want this drive defragged within MS windows. What will happen if this reaches 100%? If it is such a simple thing for third party software/hacks to do the defrag, why can't MS fix it? Or, is it that third party software/hacks doesn't really defrag the drive (just list it as). *Confused

*Wink I'm not interested in hacking or installing other programs to fix it, just want MS to fix the reserve drive fragging. Thank you! *Wink

:)

mega10user, Sep 11, 2019
  2. sad-icus Win User

how to remove "System Reserved partition" from Defrag?

Most post's about this seem to relate to Win 7, with "just leave it alone" as an answer.

C>properties>Tools>optimize>System "Needs Optimization (75% fragmented)"

• how to Defrag"System Reserved partition"?
    • how to remove "System Reserved partition" from Defrag?

sad-icus, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Defrag System Reserve

running win 10 my bootup time has doubled I checked all I know and it shows my system reserve is 100% defragged. How do I correct this problem. Is there a inexpensive program that will repair window problem. also when I try and defrag the reserve it really does nothing.
    Thanks
    Ben

Ben Daniels, Sep 11, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

System Reserved defrag % climbing after three major 1903 updates

How to defragment System reserved partition

If your PC is slow it's not because of the System Reserved partition being fragmented. It doesn't need to be defragged, ever. Leave it alone.

JimWynne, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

System Reserved defrag % climbing after three major 1903 updates

1. System Reserved defrag % climbing after three major 1903 updates - Similar Threads - System Reserved defrag

2. Defragment and Optimize "system Reserve"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defragment and Optimize "system Reserve": My system reserve thing is stuck at 17% Fragmented "Needs optimizing" I can't get it down 183053
  3. Update 1903 Major Sound Bug?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update 1903 Major Sound Bug?: Hi, so i just recently updated my Windows to 1903 a week back, but i never really thought that it would affect anything in my system or drivers itself. After the Update's been done and processed in my PC, i detected that my sound quality coming from my headset was low, i...
  4. Versions 1809 and 1903 failure to update the system reserved partition.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Versions 1809 and 1903 failure to update the system reserved partition.: I've experienced repeated failures to update from Windows 10 version 1803 to version 1903. I receive an error message: "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." The update history shows error # 0x80240034 for failed attempts to update to version 1809 on ‎3/‎12/‎2019...
  5. Major Bug after update 1903 version

Major Bug after update 1903 version: After update 1903 I find a major bug.When Gaming Dvr is on it always usage CPU and when turn off it does not using CPU.I update also two cummulative update but the problem not fixed.I also report this bug to microsoft but no reponse.Please check your pc and reply your pc is...
  6. Major Bug in Windows Update 1903

Major Bug in Windows Update 1903: After update 1903 I find a major bug.When Gaming Dvr is on it always usage CPU and when turn off it does not using CPU.I update also two cummulative update but the problem not fixed.I also report this bug to microsoft but no reponse.Please check your pc and reply your pc is...
  7. Windows 1903 update failed. Could not update system reserve partition.

Windows 1903 update failed. Could not update system reserve partition.: Windows 1903 update failed. Could not update system reserve partition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1903-update-failed-could-not-update-system/a68db3a3-7d87-4c85-a00f-501b4812f74a
  8. System hangs after major feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System hangs after major feature update: I get the following endless repeating after a Windows update DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: {DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407- This was mid april 2019 The symptoms of my problem...
  9. How do I defrag the system reserved folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I defrag the system reserved folder: How do I defrag the system reserved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-defrag-the-system-reserved-folder/022e38ea-2099-4026-9858-665e0b41306b
  10. Defrag System Reserve

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defrag System Reserve: running win 10 my bootup time has doubled I checked all I know and it shows my system reserve is 100% defragged. How do I correct this problem. Is there a inexpensive program that will repair window problem. also when I try and defrag the reserve it really does nothing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DCOM got error 1084 attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments Unavailable in order to run the server: {DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}