Windows 10: System Reserved disk is showing in File Explorer

Discus and support System Reserved disk is showing in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I was detected one of my partition of my PC, after restarting my pc, System Reserved disk is showing in File Explorer. I want to hide it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Abhishek Kumar Brahm, Jan 4, 2020.

1. System Reserved disk is showing in File Explorer

System Reserved disk is showing in File Explorer c9f6bd03-6eff-41e6-adf5-00c2d869c47e?upload=true.png

I was detected one of my partition of my PC, after restarting my pc, System Reserved disk is showing in File Explorer.

I want to hide it, and create a new partition for Unallocated space showing in Disk Management.

:)

Abhishek Kumar Brahm, Jan 4, 2020

2. Showing System Reserved Partition in File Explorer?

Hi

For some reason Windows 10 is showing the System Reserved partition from Windows 8 in the File Explorer window.

It never did this before.

See Drive D:\

System Reserved disk is showing in File Explorer [​IMG]

Can anyone tell me how to make it invisible.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Jan 4, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    File Explorer

What I saw from the Disk Management, You did not do a clean install, you probably did an in place upgrade. The 100MB System Reserved is normally used in Window 7. For a fresh install the Disk partition scheme should be as follows:
    1. 500 MB System Reserved partition
    2. C- Drive.
    Since you did not have to many apps installed, I would re-install Windows 10 as suggested above. It is better to have your Windows installed on the first sata port (Disk 0) so I suggest to open the case and connect the cable from disk 0 to disk 2 where you have C: drive. Disconnect the other cables for now and do the steps below:
    1. Boot up with Windows installation media
    2. On the first screen. Press SHIFT + F10 and type
      diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
      exit
    3. Continue with Installation, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not create partition/format. Let Windows create the needed partitions.
    4. Once done, reconnect the other cables for drive D and E.
    5. Reboot, your Disk 0 should contain 500MB system reserved and C drive.

topgundcp, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Jezzer56 Win User

System Reserved disk is showing in File Explorer

File Explorer

Thanks for your input topgundcp. I don't have any installation media as such, as my upgrade was the freebie (from Win7 Ultimate).

As a thought though, if the C was sited on Disk 0 instead of Disk 2, wouldn't the issue then be that the C drive wouldn't be visible outside of 'ThisPC'?

Jezzer56, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

System Reserved disk is showing in File Explorer

1. System Reserved disk is showing in File Explorer - Similar Threads - System Reserved disk

2. File explorer shows too many disks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer shows too many disks: When I open file explorer, it use show C:, D: , E: and F: but now it has automatically created N,O, P, Q ,R,S, T,U,V automatically, everyone of them has a a folder called download and inside them is some zip files which names are the same of a steam software i downloaded...
  3. System Reserved drive showing up on windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved drive showing up on windows explorer: I have recently updated to the newest version of Windows 10 which is 2004. What is weird is that I noticed that the System Reserved drive is showing up, which by default before was just a partition that Windows makes. Can i delete this partition, and if i delete it, would...
  4. Windows Explorer showing System Reserved drive

Windows Explorer showing System Reserved drive: Ever since I did a clean installation of Windows 7 on my system it started showing a System Reserved Drive of size 100MB. Even after upgrading to Windows 10 it didn't go away. How can I hide it?[ATTACH]...
  5. System & Reserved files huge

System & Reserved files huge: Hi All. I cloned my hard drive to a new Samsung 500 GB Hard drive. The problem I see is that the disk is nearly full due to the System & Reserved files being 318GB (see snapshots below). According to WinDirStat, only 145GB is being used. Looking at Storage, the System...
  6. System files in reserved space problem

System files in reserved space problem: Hello, I've got a serious problem with my windows system files which are in reserved space. I can't clean it up in any way, I've tried all solutions I'd found on the Internet like cleaning up disk, optimising, defragmenting, and using windows tools to free up all caches and...
  7. GPT Reserved Partition showing as Local Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPT Reserved Partition showing as Local Disk: Hi I have a two laptops with Windows 10 x64. Recently I noticed new partition with next available letter. Size is 128mb and it can't be accessed. I checked in Disk Management but this partition is not listed there as per the below screen: [img] I used MiniTool...
  8. System Reserved Partion on MBR Disk

System Reserved Partion on MBR Disk: I just noticed, after over almost 2 years with Win10, that my system disk (MBR) has a System Reserved partition. I had thought that didn't happen on an MBR disk. Is it needed and can I remove it? Thank you. 79902
  9. Hide system partition that shows in explorer but NOT disk management

Hide system partition that shows in explorer but NOT disk management: After installing Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) and after a second reboot, the 100MB "SYSTEM" partition shows up in Explorer as the f: drive. It cannot be hidden in Explorer - "Hide Selected Items" - prompts for administrator permission then Error 'the parameter is incorrect'....
  10. Showing System Reserved Partition in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Showing System Reserved Partition in File Explorer?: Hi For some reason Windows 10 is showing the System Reserved partition from Windows 8 in the File Explorer window. It never did this before. See Drive D:\ [img] [img] [img] Can anyone tell me how to make it invisible. Mike 2067

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system reserved disk showing in windows explorer