Windows 10: System Reserved Drive D

Discus and support System Reserved Drive D in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sam Lappin, Oct 16, 2021.

1. System Reserved Drive D

I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing up when its supposed to be hidden? Thank you!

:)

Sam Lappin, Oct 16, 2021

2. Volume in drive C is reserved by system

I'm trying to access the directory of my drive C through the cmd (with administration), but instead I get "Volume in drive C is reserved by system".

I can access drive D very easily.

Any suggestions how I may access it?

RoyalPancake34, Oct 16, 2021
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 16, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

System Reserved Drive D

A 2nd System Reserved on Another Hard Drive Under Its Own Drive Letter

Temporarily disconnect disk 0 (contains F and D) by disconnecting the SATA cable from it then reboot your PC. If it boot then you can safely delete the System Reserved D.

To delete the system reserved partition from disk 0 (Drive D), Open Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. select disk 0
    3. select partition 1
    4. delete partition override
    5. exit

After done with the above, You might also want to swap the SATA cables between disk0 and disk1 to make C drive on disk 0 and F drive on disk 1.

topgundcp, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

System Reserved Drive D

1. System Reserved Drive D - Similar Threads - System Reserved Drive

2. Windows 10 D Drive Huge System and Reserved Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 D Drive Huge System and Reserved Space: Hello!System and reserved take so much space on d drive that I don't know what else I can do! I need it now! how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-d-drive-huge-system-and-reserved-space/d0e11d76-b29d-43a0-99ef-31755abc0cab
  3. Windows 10 D Drive Huge System and Reserved Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 D Drive Huge System and Reserved Space: Hello!System and reserved take so much space on d drive that I don't know what else I can do! I need it now! how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-d-drive-huge-system-and-reserved-space/d0e11d76-b29d-43a0-99ef-31755abc0cab
  4. Windows 10 D Drive Huge System and Reserved Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to access system reserved drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access system reserved drive: I have checked if I can see the files inside the hard drive when enabling Hidden items? I can't see any of my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-system-reserved-drive/22bd3816-6d08-4e86-a422-cd8a5476c57f
  6. How to access system reserved drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access system reserved drive: I have checked if I can see the files inside the hard drive when enabling Hidden items? I can't see any of my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-system-reserved-drive/22bd3816-6d08-4e86-a422-cd8a5476c57f
  7. How to access system reserved drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. System Reserved Drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  9. System reserved partition on secondary drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System reserved partition on secondary drive: I have two drives, a SSD and HDD. I just did a fresh install of Win10 on my SSD. For some reason, the system reserved partition wound up on my HDD instead. I did some Googling and it sounds like the best practice is to disconnect secondary drives before installing, which I...
  10. Volume in drive C is reserved by system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume in drive C is reserved by system: I'm trying to access the directory of my drive C through the cmd (with administration), but instead I get "Volume in drive C is reserved by system". I can access drive D very easily. Any suggestions how I may access it?...