Windows 10: System reserved file size 50 MB only

Discus and support System reserved file size 50 MB only in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft community Today I clean installed windows 10 from USB on my hp probook. As a result, the system reserved drive created was only 50 MB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by saharjaved1, Aug 16, 2020.

1. System reserved file size 50 MB only

Dear Microsoft community

Today I clean installed windows 10 from USB on my hp probook. As a result, the system reserved drive created was only 50 MB. On the contrary, every where it says that it should be 550 MB. What is the problem and how to fix it? Looking forward for the help.

Regards

:)

saharjaved1, Aug 16, 2020
  2. sam9 Win User

How to increase the System Reserved Partition size

I am having Dual Boot PC XP and Windows 10 on different hard disk. Windows 10 have been upgraded from Windows 7 but the System Reserved Partition on Windows 10 remained 100 MB ( 30 MB is free space ), wherein if we clean install the Windows 10 then System Reserved Partition is 350 MB. Now the problem, if I create a backup then the minimum 50 MB free space is required in System Reserved Partition otherwise backup fails. I tried command fsutil usn deletejournal which was advised by someone but it increase the free size from 20 MB to 30 MB only. I am hesitant to use partition manager software because once I have used this on another PC on a simple partition and though it has increased the size of the partition but data of my other partition was deleted. Please advise.

3. sam9 Win User

Thanks for detailed information. I may be wrong about 350 MB System Reserved Partition. I only wanted to increase the System Reserved Partition size because Windows backup was failing and as you all are suggesting to use Macrium for backup then why to go for increasing the System Reserve Partition (but I will give a try as taught by you). Please make one more thing clear that while replying to a post, Do I need to Quote the full message of the member. Secondly why my System Reserved Partition is assigned a Drive letter by default.

4. topgundcp Win User

System reserved file size 50 MB only

FYI. Windows 10 MBR style clean install will create 500MB Reseved Partition. Not 350MB
    I know each of us doing things differently but your Windows 10 is 230GB full ??? This is way, way too big to handle. May I suggest that you move all your personal data to another drive/partition and leave Windows 10 by itself so it is much easier to manage and back up and not counting if your Windows 10 crashed/unbootable/infected then you would have a very hard time to recover your personal data.

All that said. Suggested above to install Macrium Reflect Free is also highly recommended. I am not sure what software you are now using to back up your Windows but with Macrium, you should not have any problem backing up.

However. If you still want to resize the reserved partition to whatever you want without using third party partition manager such as Minitool, EASUS etc... Believe it or not ? you can do it with Macrium and here's how:
    NOTE: This procedure assumes that you've already created a Macrium backup image to backup Windows 10 using the option from the left pane as shown

System reserved file size 50 MB only [​IMG]

and also you've already created a Macrium Rescue disk.

This procedure is done using my current Windows 10 with the reserved partition of 500MB and C: Drive and I want to increase the size to 1000MB so yours will be different. However, it will be the same for any Windows 10 partition scheme whether it's MBR or UEFI.

Just follow the screen shot:

After all the steps above. Click Next and finish to restore then reboot. The Reserved Partition should be the size that you changed.

Hope this helps.

P.S. If you want to check and see the contents of the Reserved Partition then you can use Mini Tool without assigning a letter for it.
    Open Mini Tool. Right click on the Reserved Partition -> Explore
    For Example:
    NOTE: This screen shot was taken from my UEFI Windows 10 so it is not related to the steps above.

topgundcp, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

System reserved file size 50 MB only

1. System reserved file size 50 MB only - Similar Threads - System reserved file

2. Why is there a 50 mb System Reserved Partition? Can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is there a 50 mb System Reserved Partition? Can I delete it?: I was using Legacy BIOS on MBR disk and to change it to UEFI I converted my disk to GPT using Windows command prompt.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-an-existing-windows-10-installation-from/aa8c2de3-460b-4a8c-b30b-641405f800d7After the process...
  3. Why is there a 50 mb System Reserved Partition? Can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a 50 mb System Reserved Partition? Can I delete it?: I was using Legacy BIOS on MBR disk and to change it to UEFI I converted my disk to GPT using Windows command prompt.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-an-existing-windows-10-installation-from/aa8c2de3-460b-4a8c-b30b-641405f800d7After the process...
  4. Why is there a 50 mb System Reserved Partition? Can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. huge size of c: without no reason bec system files in system reserved

huge size of c: without no reason bec system files in system reserved: I found my c: drive get big without no reason after copy or install any thing ,when i check storage in setting after press show more categories i found that hidden system and reserved take 23-50g of the c: storagesolve : its problem in NTFS compression that take this space...
  6. Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage

Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage: Hello, Is there anyway to reduce the System Files and Reserved storage size? My 256 GB SSD drive is currently full. I checked my storage settings, and it turns out System & Reserved storage is taking up a big chunk of it - maybe larger than it should. I've tried running the...
  7. Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage: Hello, Is there anyway to reduce the System Files and Reserved storage size? My 256 GB SSD drive is currently full. I checked my storage settings, and it turns out System & Reserved storage is taking up a big chunk of it - maybe larger than it should. I've tried running the...
  8. Reducing the size of System Files & Reserved Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. 50 MB system reserved partition on second drive after clean Windows install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    50 MB system reserved partition on second drive after clean Windows install: I've installed Windows 10 on my SSD and when I tried to partition my other disk I've noticed that there's another partition here. This didn't happen any other time I was installing Windows 10 and I'm wondering if I'm fine to leave it as is or if I should do something about...
  10. System reserved partition only 50 mb and no recovery partition?

System reserved partition only 50 mb and no recovery partition?: I did a fresh install of windows 10 2004. The when I viewed my partitioning system using EaseUs Partition Master, it only showed me system reserved partition50 mb, then another driveletter: E, then C drive, then the rest of the unallocated space in the that same order. Then I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how much size for system reserved

2. windows installation reserved by system 50 mb

3. windows 10 50 mb partition

4. 50mb partition windows 10,
  5. windows 10 50mb partition,
  6. i erased the 50mb windows partition,
  7. partition réservée au système windows 10 50 50mb,
  8. windows 10 system reserving on 50mb,
  9. 50 mb system reserved partition,
  10. windows 10 system reserved partition size 50 mb