Windows 10: System Reserved on drive other than C.

Discus and support System Reserved on drive other than C. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, Just installed windows from a usb on to a computer I just built and was just about to stripe two drives together, however one of the drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisBot1, Jul 24, 2019.

1. ChrisBot1 Win User

System Reserved on drive other than C.

Hi all,

Just installed windows from a usb on to a computer I just built and was just about to stripe two drives together, however one of the drives has a System Reserved partition so I cannot do this.

Why did the partition go to that drive and not my C drive?

Can I move the partition to another drive?

If not I dont mind re-installing windows if that is the way to fix it, but how do i stop it happening again? do i remove all other drives apart from my primary drive?

Thanks for your time.

:)

ChrisBot1, Jul 24, 2019

2. System Reserved on C: Drive 500MB

I did a clean install of Windows 10 and it is activated. At first I don't recall seeing this reserved space, and I thin it occurred after I created a restore point. Anyway, I deleted the restore point and still have the System Reserved 500 MB, Free Space
    176 MB. This is all on Drive C which is my main drive where Windows 10 is installed.

Why is it there and could I delete it?

Mel Cavicchi, Jul 24, 2019
  3. poolmon Win User
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

System & Reserved almost full?

Thank you for the information and posting back.

High System & Reserved memory usage could be due to the following:

• High Windows.old file(s) size
    • Large cache of trace files size
    • Windows 10 system file issues

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Do you have a C:\windows.old folder on your C: drive?
    • Which Windows version and build are you using? Type winver on search box and press
      Enter.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you post a screenshot of what is inside the System & reserved storage? Double-click System & reserved. See picture below for reference.

System Reserved on drive other than C. 3b68d058-4ea9-4b39-874f-7885d566e601.png

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

1. System Reserved on drive other than C. - Similar Threads - System Reserved drive

2. Can't Fix Wrong Active Drive - Boot drive on different disk than system reserved...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Fix Wrong Active Drive - Boot drive on different disk than system reserved...: Hi all,I know similar questions to this have been asked before, but I have tried just about everything and am at a loss. I went to install some new hard drives in my system today, I wanted to replace some old small SSD's that I had already made backups of anything important...
  3. System Reserved Drive D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  4. System Reserved Drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserved Drive D: I am just wondering what the system reserved drive is. I googled it, and it shouldn't be showing up, let alone have a letter assigned to it. When I open it, its completely empty and it says it is System Reserved D: Will this drive cause any problems and why is it even showing...
  5. Confusion about boot drive drive lables system reserved is not C

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Confusion about boot drive drive lables system reserved is not C: So my PC would not boot and I tried to repair the boot partition with Macrium. Here Macrium wants to know what drive is the active partition. The system reserve is usually only 100 or so meg tiny thing really I am not booting to that right ? The system reserve contains the...
  6. Can not create a restore point on drives other than C:

Can not create a restore point on drives other than C:: Hello, Lately I've been running out of space on my system drive C: so I disabled the system restore point on C: and I'm trying to enable system restore on my other drives but the option is greyed out....
  7. Volume in drive C is reserved by system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume in drive C is reserved by system: I'm trying to access the directory of my drive C through the cmd (with administration), but instead I get "Volume in drive C is reserved by system". I can access drive D very easily. Any suggestions how I may access it?...
  8. Can File History backup the contents of drives other than the C:\ drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can File History backup the contents of drives other than the C:\ drive?: Hi. My C:\ drive is a 256GB RAM drive. All my documents are stored on a 2GB drive labelled M:\, name "Data". In the past I've always used Windows Backup and have always been able to restore files as and when required. When I installed Windows 10 I set up Windows backup. Now...
  9. Cannot move or install apps on drive other than C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot move or install apps on drive other than C:: I have a small SSD that has windows installed, and a larger SSD and HDD that I use to store the majority of my programs/files. When I try to install a game like Sea of Thieves or Zoo Tycoon on any other drive than my C drive, it fails during the install step. I have tried...
  10. Install on another drive other than C?

Install on another drive other than C?: So i have the latest windows 10 version, but i cannot seem to install apps to any where except the C drive. And the option to change is disabled. See image attached. Why is it disabled? How do I get it to work ? I am on windows 10 pro if that matters. 33611