Windows 10: System reserved optimize on SSD

Discus and support System reserved optimize on SSD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open the defragmenter it's says System reserved needs optimization but when I click on optimize nothing happens. 51444 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Edward, May 25, 2016.

1. Edward Win User

System reserved optimize on SSD

When I open the defragmenter it's says System reserved needs optimization but when I click on optimize nothing happens.

:)

Edward, May 25, 2016

2. SYSReserved on SSD win10pro 64 !

hello, y cant i optimize my SYS Reserved on SSD ? or just optimize the SSD and will do it for me behind the scene ? thanks

ChefHasan G, May 25, 2016
  3. SYSReserved on SSD win10pro 64 !

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Optimization of SSD driver depends on the manufacturer and happens automatically on the background on most occasions.

Optimizing system reserved is not recommended.

Reference:

optimization of SSD

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 25, 2016
  4. msny Win User

As I indicated in your other thread, SSD's do not need to be defragmented.
    Use the Samsung Magician software to setup and configure your drive.

Changing OS settings could disable the drive!

5. Edward Win User
    Thanks for the reply but all it It does is trimming not defrag so I had set it to automatically trim the drive monthly or should I disable the schedule?

Edward, May 25, 2016
  6. Kyhi Win User
    if it is an SSD - windows 10 will trim the drive... so non issue here...
    system reserve has no file within it - and is a system partition, so nothing to trim...

7. Edward Win User
    ok guys thanks for the help *Smile

Edward, May 25, 2016
  8. h4ck3d Win User

Dont defrag SSD!!!
    This diminishes it life!!

h4ck3d, May 25, 2016
  9. bltserv Win User
    Windows 10 Knows what to do with your SSD. It senses its being a "non spinning media device". Defrag is for Hard Drive ONLY.
    Install any OEM software you are pointed to by the SSD OEM, like Samsung Magician.

bltserv, May 25, 2016
  10. Kyhi Win User
    windows 10 will trim the SSD and defrag the HDD...
    no need for 3rd party apps...

Thema:

1. System reserved optimize on SSD - Similar Threads - System reserved optimize

2. System Reserved 11% fragmented needs optimization!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Reserved 11% fragmented needs optimization!: HI Guys.My PC is working perfectly right now, and I have been told that this is nothing to worry about, but I find it irritating. I recently updated to the latest version of windows available and did my usual sfc and dism checks which were fine. I could'nt help but notice...
  3. System Reserved 11% fragmented needs optimization!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Reserved 11% fragmented needs optimization!: HI Guys.My PC is working perfectly right now, and I have been told that this is nothing to worry about, but I find it irritating. I recently updated to the latest version of windows available and did my usual sfc and dism checks which were fine. I could'nt help but notice...
  4. System Reserved 11% fragmented needs optimization!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Defragment and Optimize "system Reserve"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defragment and Optimize "system Reserve": My system reserve thing is stuck at 17% Fragmented "Needs optimizing" I can't get it down 183053
  6. SSD Optimization

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSD Optimization: I've recently had to install the 1903 Feature Update. I had delayed this by changing settings to indicate I was on a metered connection and Microsoft gave me the option to update. Eventually they must have lost patience and I no longer had the option. Previous Feature updates...
  7. Windows 10 Optimize System Reserve

Windows 10 Optimize System Reserve: I cannot optimize the system reserve. It shows 49% defragmented. The hard disk does about 5 minutes of thrashing about (track to track access) when I boot up the computer. How can I optimize the System Reserve in Windows 10...
  8. System Reserve, Needs Optimization (100% Fragmented)

System Reserve, Needs Optimization (100% Fragmented): System Reserved Needs optimization (93% fragmented) after I select optimize and then quickly revers to 100% I see old tickets from 2016 but today is 2/11/2019 and problem not resolved and I have massive HD churn....
  9. No system reserved partition on my SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No system reserved partition on my SSD: How do I create a system reserved partition on my SSD C: drive. I have 3 other drives installed and all have reserved system partitions. Any help would be appreciated 16516
  10. No System Reserved Partition On My SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No System Reserved Partition On My SSD: I have an SSD with WIN7 installed. It has no System Reserved Partition (SRP) and thus no boot files on that nonexistent partition. I've read here that individuals with a SRP of only 100mb have had issues installing WIN 10 and that those issues were resolved by expanding the...