Windows 10: System reserved partition only 50 mb and no recovery partition?

Discus and support System reserved partition only 50 mb and no recovery partition? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did a fresh install of windows 10 2004. The when I viewed my partitioning system using EaseUs Partition Master, it only showed me system reserved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M. Siddiqui, Jan 28, 2021.

1. System reserved partition only 50 mb and no recovery partition?

I did a fresh install of windows 10 2004. The when I viewed my partitioning system using EaseUs Partition Master, it only showed me system reserved partition50 mb, then another driveletter: E, then C drive, then the rest of the unallocated space in the that same order. Then I deleted the E drive since I did not need it and then aligned the C drive immediately after System Reserved using EaseUs and the rest was unallocated space.
    My point is that since Sytem Reserved is only 50 mb and there is no Recovery Partition listed when I open Disk Manager , is it safe or should I increase the size of the System Reserved to 500mb? Have I done something wrong while aligning the drives? System reserved partition only 50 mb and no recovery partition? 41574913-d273-4143-b71c-43eb4bf48f21?upload=true.png

:)

M. Siddiqui, Jan 28, 2021
  2. rinog47 Win User

Microsoft Reserved Partition of 128 MB on my GPT Hard Disk and Partitioning of GPT disk

I need more information about Microsoft Reserved Partition, because I know it is possible to recreate it in DISKPART with "create partition msr offset=??? size=???".

But is it possible to recreate it in a new position by temporary having 2 reserved partitions and then delete the copy in the old position without rebooting (to move msr partition)?

I ask that because I have a partition table complicated by an original install of Win 8 64b, upgraded to Win 8 Pro 64, upgraded to win 8.1 Pro.

In plus to eliminate the error on saving System Image I enlarged Recovery Partition 1 and 5 to 800MB (exaggerating); finally to have more space on primary partition I resized part 6 (primary), moved part 5 (Recovery), enlarged part 4 (boot-primary).

Now my partition list is:

# Type Size Offset

Part 1 Recovery 800 MB 1024 KB

Part 2 System 260 MB 801 MB

Part 3 Reserved 128 MB 1061 MB

Part 4 Primary 355 GB 1189 MB

Part 5 Recovery 800 MB 356 GB

Part 6 Primary 1505 GB 357 GB

I suppose that my Windows 10 upgrade is not possible for this partition table so

my target should be (???):

Part 1 Recovery 450 MB 1024 KB

Part 2 System 260 MB 451 MB

Part 3 Reserved 128 MB 701 MB

Part 4 Primary 356 GB 829 MB

Part 5 Recovery 450 MB 357 GB

Part 6 Primary 1505 GB 358 GB

What you suggest for that hard work without having to reinstall all?

rinog47, Jan 28, 2021
  3. If Recovery partition the same as System Reserved?

Hi James,

Recovery Partition is the part of the drive to reset the machine back to how it was when you bought it. Windows creates a System Reserved partition when you install it on a clean disk. Windows doesn’t assign a drive letter to these partitions, so you’ll
    only see them when you use Disk Management or similar utility. The System Reserved partition consumes 350 MB of space on Windows 10, it would not be advisable deleting the System Reserved.

If you have other queries, feel free to ask us.

Arthur Rui, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Pauli O Win User

System reserved partition only 50 mb and no recovery partition?

System reserved file size 50 MB only

This 50 MB system reserved partition in MBR disk is by design in Windows 10 v2004 when default partition layouts are changed to match better for MS recommendations for manufacturers.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...configure-biosmbr-based-hard-drive-partitions

Recovery partition is located next after partition C: so that if some future update required more space on that partition then installer can automatic shrink C: to get more space for recovery partition.

UEFI/GPT disk has also hidden 16 MB System reserved partition (Partition 2) which is not shown in Disk management.

These are default disk layouts for BIOS/MBR and UEFI/GPT on Windows v2004 after clean install.

System reserved partition only 50 mb and no recovery partition? d2526cef-cc57-42fd-8d91-a6a375bc1963?upload=true.png

Pauli O, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

System reserved partition only 50 mb and no recovery partition?

1. System reserved partition only 50 mb and no recovery partition? - Similar Threads - System reserved partition

2. Why is there a 50 mb System Reserved Partition? Can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is there a 50 mb System Reserved Partition? Can I delete it?: I was using Legacy BIOS on MBR disk and to change it to UEFI I converted my disk to GPT using Windows command prompt.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-an-existing-windows-10-installation-from/aa8c2de3-460b-4a8c-b30b-641405f800d7After the process...
  3. Why is there a 50 mb System Reserved Partition? Can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a 50 mb System Reserved Partition? Can I delete it?: I was using Legacy BIOS on MBR disk and to change it to UEFI I converted my disk to GPT using Windows command prompt.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-an-existing-windows-10-installation-from/aa8c2de3-460b-4a8c-b30b-641405f800d7After the process...
  4. Why is there a 50 mb System Reserved Partition? Can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 50 MB system reserved partition on second drive after clean Windows install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    50 MB system reserved partition on second drive after clean Windows install: I've installed Windows 10 on my SSD and when I tried to partition my other disk I've noticed that there's another partition here. This didn't happen any other time I was installing Windows 10 and I'm wondering if I'm fine to leave it as is or if I should do something about...
  6. System reserved file size 50 MB only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reserved file size 50 MB only: Dear Microsoft community Today I clean installed windows 10 from USB on my hp probook. As a result, the system reserved drive created was only 50 MB. On the contrary, every where it says that it should be 550 MB. What is the problem and how to fix it? Looking forward for...
  7. Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition: I forced reinstalled my windows 10 after my boot got corrupted by deleting linux on dual boot. Now I used diskpart to wipe my SSD before I began installation. When the Win10 installation is finished. I noticed that I have Recovery and EFI Partitions on Disk management. I'm...
  8. Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition: I built a WIN 10 (home version) desktop a few months back with a single SSD as its C Drive. It all works fine. Today I went to clone that drive using Samsung Data Migration. Disk Management shows that my originating SSD has both a healthy, primary bootable (main) partition...
  9. Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition: I built a WIN 10 (home version) desktop a few months back with a single SSD as its C Drive. It all works fine. Today I went to clone that drive using Samsung Data Migration. Disk Management shows that my originating SSD has both a healthy, primary bootable (main) partition...
  10. Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions: I have Windows 10 Home Version 1803 installed in my pc. Windows is installed on Disk 5. Disk 5 contains my C drive and D partition that I created after Windows was installed. It also contains a partition named System Reserved which Windows created when I installed Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can I delete windows 10 50mb partition