Windows 10: System & Reserved taking up 45GB - Now I'm out of space on my laptop!

Discus and support System & Reserved taking up 45GB - Now I'm out of space on my laptop! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I recently got this laptop, a HUAWEI Matebook 13, about a week ago now. I'm definitely no pro with computers so I'll try and explain the issue the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frazool, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Frazool Win User

System & Reserved taking up 45GB - Now I'm out of space on my laptop!

So I recently got this laptop, a HUAWEI Matebook 13, about a week ago now. I'm definitely no pro with computers so I'll try and explain the issue the best I can. I have 2 drives when I press on my files, Windows (CSystem & Reserved taking up 45GB - Now I'm out of space on my laptop! :) and Data (DSystem & Reserved taking up 45GB - Now I'm out of space on my laptop! :). The Data drive has 0GBs used on it, whereas the Windows drive is now full. After checking what is taking up all my room on the C: drive, I found that 45GBs of storage is being dedicated to system & reserved. This seems abnormally large, any help?!?

Thanks.

:)

Frazool, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

windows 10 system and reserve taking up too much space

Hi,

Windows Restore Points does eat up tremendous amount of your disk space and clearing it would indeed help free up some space. Aside from restore points, there are other invisible factors that can eat away your hard drive space like temporary and cached files.
    For us to better understand why you keep on getting error messages about your storage space being full, we would like to ask the following questions:

• When did you first encounter the issue?
    • Which Windows version and build is you device running? Type winver on the search bar, and then press
      Enter to find out.
    • What specific error message or error code did you get?
    • Could you repost the screenshots again?

In the meantime, we suggest you check the steps provided by Greg Carmack on this

thread
    about clearing system and reserve after an upgrade and see if it helps.

We look forward to your response.

Rey Bel1, Sep 12, 2019
  3. twxxx Win User
    Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space

Hi i have tried this method, it did remove the temporary files on my laptop but the system an reserved files are still taking up about 80 percent of the space.

twxxx, Sep 12, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

System and Reserved Files are taking too much space. 350GB

In the window in your screenshot, click on "System and reserved" to see what's taking up the space.

JimWynne, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. System & Reserved taking up 45GB - Now I'm out of space on my laptop! - Similar Threads - System Reserved taking

2. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  3. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  4. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  6. System and reserved taking up a lot of space

System and reserved taking up a lot of space: I'm trying to install some games on my laptop 512 GB SSD and went to check on my storage to see what I can delete. Then I realized that system and reserve is taking up 234 GB of storage. When I looked into the details, it said System files 20.1 GB, Reserved storage 7.04 GB,...
  7. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space: Problem: Something is taking up a lot of space on my PCInitial Analysis of the storage showed that System & Reserved is using 41.7GB of storage.Analysis using TreeSize: I did some research on why I have little available storage space and saw some posts online that it may be...
  8. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space: Problem: Something is taking up a lot of space on my PCInitial Analysis of the storage showed that System & Reserved is using 41.7GB of storage.Analysis using TreeSize: I did some research on why I have little available storage space and saw some posts online that it may be...
  9. System and reserved taking 41.7 GB of space

10. System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space: My computer was warning me about having limited space left, so I checked what was taking up space on my PC and saw this [img] I saw somebody recommend TreeSize to look into what was taking up space and saw this [img] The installer folder and srudb.dat are taking up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove 45gb from pc

2. windows 10 takes 45gb partition c