Windows 10: System & Reserved taking up 45GB - Now I'm out of space on my laptop!

Discus and support System & Reserved taking up 45GB - Now I'm out of space on my laptop! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I recently got this laptop, a HUAWEI Matebook 13, about a week ago now. I'm definitely no pro with computers so I'll try and explain the issue the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frazool, Sep 12, 2019 at 9:12 AM.

1. Frazool Win User

System & Reserved taking up 45GB - Now I'm out of space on my laptop!

So I recently got this laptop, a HUAWEI Matebook 13, about a week ago now. I'm definitely no pro with computers so I'll try and explain the issue the best I can. I have 2 drives when I press on my files, Windows (CSystem & Reserved taking up 45GB - Now I'm out of space on my laptop! :) and Data (DSystem & Reserved taking up 45GB - Now I'm out of space on my laptop! :). The Data drive has 0GBs used on it, whereas the Windows drive is now full. After checking what is taking up all my room on the C: drive, I found that 45GBs of storage is being dedicated to system & reserved. This seems abnormally large, any help?!?

Thanks.

:)

2. Rey Bel1 Win User

windows 10 system and reserve taking up too much space

Hi,

Windows Restore Points does eat up tremendous amount of your disk space and clearing it would indeed help free up some space. Aside from restore points, there are other invisible factors that can eat away your hard drive space like temporary and cached files.
    For us to better understand why you keep on getting error messages about your storage space being full, we would like to ask the following questions:

• When did you first encounter the issue?
    • Which Windows version and build is you device running? Type winver on the search bar, and then press
      Enter to find out.
    • What specific error message or error code did you get?
    • Could you repost the screenshots again?

In the meantime, we suggest you check the steps provided by Greg Carmack on this

thread
    about clearing system and reserve after an upgrade and see if it helps.

We look forward to your response.

3. twxxx Win User
    Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space

Hi i have tried this method, it did remove the temporary files on my laptop but the system an reserved files are still taking up about 80 percent of the space.

4. JimWynne Win User

System and Reserved Files are taking too much space. 350GB

In the window in your screenshot, click on "System and reserved" to see what's taking up the space.

Thema:

1. System & Reserved taking up 45GB - Now I'm out of space on my laptop! - Similar Threads - System Reserved taking

2. System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space: My computer was warning me about having limited space left, so I checked what was taking up space on my PC and saw this [img] I saw somebody recommend TreeSize to look into what was taking up space and saw this [img] The installer folder and srudb.dat are taking up...
  3. System files in reserved space problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System files in reserved space problem: Hello, I've got a serious problem with my windows system files which are in reserved space. I can't clean it up in any way, I've tried all solutions I'd found on the Internet like cleaning up disk, optimising, defragmenting, and using windows tools to free up all caches and...
  4. Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up.: I have a windows 10 professional installed. There was a system reserved disk partition and i merged it with the local disk d by the aomei partition software. And when i restart it doesn't boot up What do i do Please help...
  5. System is taking up 400GB of space.

System is taking up 400GB of space.: Hello I have a problem with my space usage. My computer is having a daily update that does nothing and I think it's just giving me unnecessary files. I'm not saying I'm sure of it, but my second disc have, for some reason, been getting a lot of GB's from nothing, I haven't...
  6. System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB

System and Reserved Taking Up 140 GB: Hello, I have 225 GB SSD laptop that was originally running Windows 7. When WIndows 10 offered free upgrades, I took advantage of that to upgrade my OS to Windows 10. I don't use my laptop much, but noticed that lately I've been having issues with storage space. I noticed...
  7. Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space: Hi i have brand new laptop running windows 10. Basically an empty laptop, after the latest windows 10 updates, i kept getting pop up informing me that i have a low ssd disk space and my battery can't seems to charge when the power is plugged in. i need help on this!...
  8. System image takes up a lot of space (500GB)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System image takes up a lot of space (500GB): I really do not know what is normal size for a system image of windows 10, but mine takes up 500 GB of 1 TB harddisk. That seems to me a little bit excessive. Is there a tool I can use to make it smaller without disrupting it. 93781
  9. Space on System Reserved E

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Space on System Reserved E: I keep getting every few minutes a warning that I am out of disk space on system reserved E. I have seen on the page ( I don't know what to call it ), but the icon for system reserved E shows a complete red line, it's full. I don't know how to get rid of the problem and get...
  10. Should my system files really take up 300 gigs worth of space?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should my system files really take up 300 gigs worth of space?: Hi, it's my first post and all so I'm just going to make this short. Should my system files really take up 300 gigs worth of space? I downloaded windows 10 through bootcamp on my mac through USB. I dedicated about half of my computer hard drive space to Windows (about 450ish...