Windows 10: System & Reserved

Discus and support System & Reserved in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So the majority of my disk space is taken up by System & Reserved as shown below. [ATTACH] I tried using Disk Cleanup, but it only cleaned up 8 MB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ryoko., Oct 31, 2018.

1. Ryoko. Win User

System & Reserved

So the majority of my disk space is taken up by System & Reserved as shown below.

System & Reserved 9c42b889-096a-4dd0-9c44-5255aeac329b?upload=true.png

I tried using Disk Cleanup, but it only cleaned up 8 MB. I do have WinDirStat, but the problem is I don't know which files are safe to delete. As I keep looking up each file and seeing whether or not they're important, it's almost impossible to find just one file I can delete without the need to worry. I tried looking everywhere for a solution, but I can't find anything helpful. What do I do?

:)

Ryoko., Oct 31, 2018

2. System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Anthony Gal, Oct 31, 2018
  4. genet Win User

System & Reserved

System Reserved?

Step Three:

- Open the Disk Management utility.

System & Reserved [​IMG]

System & Reserved [​IMG]

genet, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

System & Reserved

1. System & Reserved - Similar Threads - System Reserved

2. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything: i just downgraded from 11 to 10 version 2303 because window 11 is too much on a 2015ish laptop, heres the model edge e531 thinkpad - type 6885, i tried resetting bios, re arranging ram, using dual slot and single slot nothing works the system reserved was always above 90% of...
  3. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything: i just downgraded from 11 to 10 version 2303 because window 11 is too much on a 2015ish laptop, heres the model edge e531 thinkpad - type 6885, i tried resetting bios, re arranging ram, using dual slot and single slot nothing works the system reserved was always above 90% of...
  4. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do i make a reserved system partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i make a reserved system partition: How do i make a reserved system partition? i am trying to move my system partition in the same disk that have the boot partition disk 2 but i cant since my system file is on the same partition that have all my personal files volume L. Is there any way that i can separate the...
  6. How do i make a reserved system partition

How do i make a reserved system partition: How do i make a reserved system partition? i am trying to move my system partition in the same disk that have the boot partition disk 2 but i cant since my system file is on the same partition that have all my personal files volume L. Is there any way that i can separate the...
  7. How do i make a reserved system partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...: Hi,I need help,please.. I'm currently using Windows 11 but I keep getting BSOD crashes when turning on my computer. I tried all the solutions to troubleshoot this but I still couldn't figure out what's causing all these crashes. So today, I decided I'll reinstall Windows 11,...
  9. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...

"We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...: Hi,I need help,please.. I'm currently using Windows 11 but I keep getting BSOD crashes when turning on my computer. I tried all the solutions to troubleshoot this but I still couldn't figure out what's causing all these crashes. So today, I decided I'll reinstall Windows 11,...
  10. the operation system System & Reserved take the storage so much on Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the operation system System & Reserved take the storage so much on Drive: Good day Microsoft How are you doing well, I have PC the windows operation system take so much storage on drive, that PC is using Windows 10, 22H2, I do not know why that pc take so much storage while others is not take so much storage as that pc. how much the operation...