Windows 10: System reset after failed Windows Update Jan 2019

Discus and support System reset after failed Windows Update Jan 2019 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC attempted to install an update about a week ago, but got stuck halfway through and gave me a black screen. After letting it sit overnight, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndyRob_0110, Jan 18, 2019.

1. System reset after failed Windows Update Jan 2019

My PC attempted to install an update about a week ago, but got stuck halfway through and gave me a black screen. After letting it sit overnight, I manually powered down and restarted it.

Subsequent startups got to login screen, enter pw, then setup.exe unexpected hard error, desktop is gone, windows navigation button non-functional. Tried to reboot throce so that o could go back to preupdate, but that option failed. Eventually was able to get tothe troubleshoot screen by following instructions to hold shift button from login screen, power, restart and opted to reinstall windows while maintaining my files. Great, begins with no problems, runs for about an hour, then I get a black screen, no cursor, nothing. So I wait a bit, then decide to manually reboot and see where we are. Now I’m at “Installing Windows 76% Don’t turn off your PC. This could take a while.” But its been there for about an hour. It doesnt sound like anything is happening in my computer. The dots in the circle on the screen that usually cirlce arpund when this is running are frozen. Nothing is happening. Some suggest that I wait 6-8 hours. Is this the correct choice at this point, or what should I do? Others suggest turning off an rebooting, but Im loathe to do so since the screen says not to. Help?

:)

AndyRob_0110, Jan 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2019
  4. jds21 Win User

System reset after failed Windows Update Jan 2019

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

System reset after failed Windows Update Jan 2019

1. System reset after failed Windows Update Jan 2019 - Similar Threads - System reset failed

2. Classsic Shell for Windows 10 Jan, 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classsic Shell for Windows 10 Jan, 2019: I purchased Windows 10 Jan, 2019 and I installed a classic shell to make it look more familiar. Now Winodws start with window 7 and I can't locate Windows 10. How do I uninstall the classic shell...
  3. INTERNET SWITCHING OFF 2019 Nov to Dec to Jan update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    INTERNET SWITCHING OFF 2019 Nov to Dec to Jan update: We were expecting a fix for the September bug that switches off internet and in October a minor solution was in the update though not perfect. In November Microsoft update uploads the same bug that switches off internet in Intel based PC's and Laptops. It then uploads a...
  4. Windows May 2019 update fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows May 2019 update fails: About 3 weeks ago I decided to update my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10, since the 1803 version is nearing end of support. I chose the Windows 10 1809 October because for a month or two I had been trying to update straight to Windows 10 1903 through Windows Update,...
  5. windows update failing after PC reset

windows update failing after PC reset: My windows 10 update is not working anymore since I had to do a PC reset. I keep getting "there were problems installing some udpates, but we'll try again later". this is when it is trying to update to windows 10 version 1903 update. The error code is 0x800f081f. So I...
  6. Jan 2019 update black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jan 2019 update black screen: Aftrt the update installed my lap top is useless. Ive s blavk screen and no curser. How can i fix it when i cant get to or type in any commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jan-2019-update-black-screen/4b891eb3-2a1f-4b58-9371-9730ef0a513a
  7. Jan 2019 update KB 4480976 listed in History as failed 2x but installed in Control Panel

Jan 2019 update KB 4480976 listed in History as failed 2x but installed in Control Panel: Hi, I have been having a problem with the latest Update KB4480976 ( Having finally managed to successfully install KB4023057). It appears to install but is then listed as failed in Update History, twice so far, however it is listed in the Control panel as installed. I...
  8. Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates

Windows 10 Jan 2019 Updates: Hi All, After Jan 2019 Patch installation on my windows 10 machines, looks like network drivers lost both wired and wireless. Strange is I didn't had local account created in that machine we were using azure Directory account, and all local accounts are disable, please any...
  9. No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update

No On Screen Keyboard In Tablet Mode after Jan 2019 update: I have a lenovo ideapad 2 in 1 14, up until the most recent update my on screen keyboard was working just fine and my pen was working also. Now when I switch to tablet mode the button on the tool bar is there but when i touch it nothing happens. I need to be able to use my...
  10. USB Devices not recognized after Jan 2019 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Devices not recognized after Jan 2019 update: I was trying to transfer photos from my LG TracFone to the HP Pavilion laptop and switching between 2 USB ports does not get the device recognized. It has worked previously. Apparently it is calling the phone a USB Charge Only Interface, but that doesn't register on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update fails after restart 2019

2. computer in safe mode after update failure 2019