Windows 10: System Reset Stuck

Discus and support System Reset Stuck in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all at r/windows 10. I recently came into possession of a family member's used HP Stream laptop which is running Windows 10 (which I've got little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/undernetguy2, Sep 7, 2020.

1. System Reset Stuck

Hi all at r/windows 10. I recently came into possession of a family member's used HP Stream laptop which is running Windows 10 (which I've got little to no experiece with -- my other devices run 8.1). I wanted to clean it all, so I chose to Reset the PC.

First, it told me that there wasn't enough space on the HDD to do so, so I had to clean out all pending updates and temp files in order to clear out the 5.5GBs or so that it needed. Everything seemed to be working fine, but then the process got stuck at 90% of "Getting a few things ready".

It's been like this for more than 3 hours. Should I give up or keep waiting?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/undernetguy2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/undernetguy2, Sep 7, 2020

2. Stuck at 64% after reset.

Hi,

We want to know more information regarding this issue so that we can find out what causes your update to get stuck at 64%. Please provide us the following information:

• Even after resetting, does it still get stuck at 64%?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • How are you upgrading your operating system?
    Regards.

Dennis Mop, Sep 7, 2020
  3. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

System Reset Stuck

Can’t reset or turn back stuck in automatic repair, and after attempts now there is no system administrator on pc.

Hi Joseph,

It is possible that there is an issue with the system files of Windows 10. If you're unable to recover your computer using the different options in the Advanced page of Windows Recovery (WinRe) environment, we suggest resetting your computer and choose either
    to keep your files or remove everything. Resetting your computer will revert the system files of Windows 10 to default and it will address the "stuck in automatic repair" issue. Since you can access the Windows Recovery (WinRe) environment, you can perform
    a reset by performing these steps:

• In WinRe, choose Troubleshoot.
    • Select Reset this PC.
    • Choose Keep my files. Please take note that the programs that you've installed will be removed. You need to re-install the programs again after the reset process.
    • Wait for the reset process to finish.
    • After resetting your computer, kindly observe if you will be able to log-in to the computer.

Let us know the outcome.

Argel Obm, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

System Reset Stuck

1. System Reset Stuck - Similar Threads - System Reset Stuck

2. My system stucked at 64% after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My system stucked at 64% after reset: My system got stuck at 64 % and then system restart and sticked at black screen then nothing happens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-stucked-at-64-after-reset/85ae1245-8948-4bba-846e-2500c9d3738e
  3. My system stucked at 64% after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system stucked at 64% after reset: My system got stuck at 64 % and then system restart and sticked at black screen then nothing happens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-stucked-at-64-after-reset/85ae1245-8948-4bba-846e-2500c9d3738e
  4. My system stucked at 64% after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reset Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Stuck: My laptop has been stuck on reset at 43% for a whole day what do i do? I don’t wanna turn it off since i seen that it could mess it up, anyone know what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-stuck/61cf9fd7-8c4d-4c57-abb0-926bc9130e03
  6. Reset Stuck

Reset Stuck: My laptop has been stuck on reset at 43% for a whole day what do i do? I don’t wanna turn it off since i seen that it could mess it up, anyone know what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-stuck/61cf9fd7-8c4d-4c57-abb0-926bc9130e03
  7. Reset stuck

Reset stuck: My resseting PC is stuk at 25% from 10 hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-stuck/5eeceac6-8a2f-49ce-bc05-3f5c044aaf99
  8. Windows stuck on motherboard screen during system reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows stuck on motherboard screen during system reset: Hello! I was trying to do a system reset today so I could have a fresh start. I've done that now and the process has started, however I seem to be stuck on my motherboards screen during startup. I'm not sure if I'm stuck here or restoring takes an exceptionally long time....
  9. Windows 10 reset system stuck at 88%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 reset system stuck at 88%: I chose to give the fresh start function a try today as my 4year old laptop is really slow and kept shutting down on it self. I need to keep all my files as I have some school work and other important visa documents in my harddrive. It's been stuck on 88%for 2hours. I noticed...
  10. Windows 10 system reset stuck at 1%

Windows 10 system reset stuck at 1%: Hello everyone. Last night I upgraded my laptop running Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 with the media creation tool. I wanted to have a clean install, so I went into the settings and reset my PC so it would be like a clean install instead of using the ISO and booting from a usb...