Windows 10: System Reset w/ Keep My Files had lost power during reset and now ALL my files are...

Discus and support System Reset w/ Keep My Files had lost power during reset and now ALL my files are... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please Help Me It was a dark snowy/rainy night last night, and I was preforming a System Reset w/ Keep My Files on my Desktop and at about 76% the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by R41nm4n5150, Mar 28, 2021.

1. System Reset w/ Keep My Files had lost power during reset and now ALL my files are...

[COLOR=rgba42, 0, 170, 1]Please Help Me[/COLOR]

It was a dark snowy/rainy night last night, and I was preforming a [COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]System Reset w/ Keep My Files[/COLOR] on my Desktop and at about 76% the power went out throughout my entire house. Many, many boring hours later when the power finally came back on the PC booted up to a page asking me to choose a operating system to load. There are 2 operating systems to choose from both say Win 10.....Important note: I have only ever had 1 operating system installed on this drive, never had to select between anything before this Ok so...choice number 1 took me back to recovery and started the reset all over again and completed with my login and correct user info but none of my files are anywhere....not where they should be and not in the windows.old folder. Ran a Recovery program and couldn't find them anywhere either. Now...Choice number 2 just restarts the computer and goes back to the same page of asking to select operating system to load, over and over again!

Now in reality all I really care about is my data. I really have to get that back, so I'm hoping, praying, and crossing my fingers that someone has a solution to finding my files. As for the computer I know how to fix that issue by simply throwing it off my roof and then running it over with my skid steer repeatedly. But, as fun as that sounds no it just simply needs a fresh clean install once I can locate and copy my data off that drive. Like I said my main focus is finding that data so I really, really hope there is a solution to this and any intelligent help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank You

:)

R41nm4n5150, Mar 28, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

help needed to reset file names

I think if you associated the file type with cmd.exe it would reset it. Right click on the .dat file and choose open with. Hold the shift key when you right click if you don't see the option. Just have to find the right program to change the hover info. In folder options I think there a box for showing extensions on registered file types.

thraxed, Mar 28, 2021
  3. keakar Win User
    help needed to reset file names

i dont know what i did but somehow i changed all my dat files to show up as video cd movie files instead of saying its a dat file.

im not talking about the file extentions because they still show as file.dat so thats still ok but the ID tag you see shown under the file name is whats showing up as a video cd movie

can someone tell me how to restore this to the default file ID so it reads correctly again?

i have uninstalled nero 7 thinking it had something to do with nero vision but that didnt fix it and i reset the defaults for internet options and i even uninstalled explorer 8 but that didnt help either.

i would be very greatfull if someone can help me fix this *Respect :respect:

thank you in advance for your help

keakar, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

System Reset w/ Keep My Files had lost power during reset and now ALL my files are...

Windows Update and Reset and keep files wiped my system

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Did you create a back up for your files before you reset your system?
    • Aside from resetting your system, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Let us know so we can assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

System Reset w/ Keep My Files had lost power during reset and now ALL my files are...

1. System Reset w/ Keep My Files had lost power during reset and now ALL my files are... - Similar Threads - System Reset Keep

2. during the reset process...I chose "keep my files" and NOW ALL the files are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    during the reset process...I chose "keep my files" and NOW ALL the files are gone: during the reset process...I chose "keep my files" and NOW ALL the files are gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/during-the-reset-processi-chose-keep-my-files-and/a2f70d91-5f2b-465a-b1c3-8467d41885e5
  3. during the reset process...I chose "keep my files" and NOW ALL the files are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    during the reset process...I chose "keep my files" and NOW ALL the files are gone: during the reset process...I chose "keep my files" and NOW ALL the files are gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/during-the-reset-processi-chose-keep-my-files-and/a2f70d91-5f2b-465a-b1c3-8467d41885e5
  4. during the reset process...I chose "keep my files" and NOW ALL the files are gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer lost power during reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lost power during reset.: I was resetting my computer earlier and while doing so I lost power. I believe I was about 14% through the "Resetting this PC" phase when power is lost. I chose the "remove everything" option when I began the reset. I have 2 questions#1 - Is any of the information on the...
  6. I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option: I lost all my files for unkown reason after reset PC keep my file option I have tried recovery my files by easeUs every seem to be okay until i realize i can't open images png,jpg and those images are unable to upload to the internet. Please help me....
  7. I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option: I lost all my files for unkown reason after reset PC keep my file option I have tried recovery my files by easeUs every seem to be okay until i realize i can't open images png,jpg and those images are unable to upload to the internet. Please help me....
  8. I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. My laptop factory reset itself and now I've lost all my files!

My laptop factory reset itself and now I've lost all my files!: Hi, My laptop reset itself and I've now lost every app, picture, document etc that was saved on my Windows 10 laptop! It even reset the home screen image that I had! Is there any way that I can retrieve my files?!...
  10. Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.

Reset but keep all personal files - all files lost.: I was having trouble with being signed in to a temporary account so in the windows boot recovery I chose to reset my PC keeping all my personal files. 20 mins later however, I return to find my pc reset - and none of my files are there. Literally the only stuff left was a few...