Windows 10: System restart at unexpected times without BSOD.

Discus and support System restart at unexpected times without BSOD. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using this OptiPlex 5055 Ryzen CPU desktop and have uploaded this system's specifications under the "2nd PC Spec" section of my profile.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ten64BitUser, May 3, 2019.

1. System restart at unexpected times without BSOD.

Hello,

I'm using this OptiPlex 5055 Ryzen CPU desktop and have uploaded this system's specifications under the "2nd PC Spec" section of my profile.

This system often restarts itself at unexpected times, despite the fact that no resource intensive application is run on it (not even the Solitaire game in Windows 10!). Possibly the heaviest application that is run on this system is the Google Chrome Browser! Otherwise, its use is largely limited to the Microsoft Office suite.

I've disabled "Automatically restart" option under Advanced System Settings as follows:

System restart at unexpected times without BSOD. [​IMG]

Despite this, I don't get the BSOD. The system simply restarts.

So the only option I could think of at my disposal was memory dumps (which thankfully are being created every time the system witnesses such restart!).

I used Nirsoft's BlueScreenView and got the following output:

As you can see, the culprit seems to be ntoskernel.exe.

However, a little reading over the internet suggested related to ntoskernel crash suggested that this is likely to be a drivers issue. But to my disappointment, when I validated this PC's drivers' status with Dell Command Update application, the system already had all relevant drivers installed and updated to their latest versions by Dell's standards.

I also ran the Passmark's Memtest86 testing tool on this system and no problems were reported.

I've run out of ideas at this point so I decided to create this thread.

I ran the Beta Log collector tool and the zip file is attached for your reference (please see DESKTOP-2OOD0RP-(2019-04-16_19-01-26).zip).

Kindly suggest possible issues/troubleshooting steps/solutions.

P.S.: I might be incorrect in posting this thread under the BSOD Crashes and Debugging Forum since this system isn't giving me an actual BSOD. So please let me know in case I migrate this thread to another forum.

:)

Ten64BitUser, May 3, 2019

2. System restart at unexpected times without BSOD.

Hello,

I'm using this OptiPlex 5055 Ryzen CPU desktop and have uploaded this system's specifications under the "2nd PC Spec" section of my profile.

This system often restarts itself at unexpected times, despite the fact that no resource intensive application is run on it (not even the Solitaire game in Windows 10!). Possibly the heaviest application that is run on this system is the Google Chrome Browser! Otherwise, its use is largely limited to the Microsoft Office suite.

I've disabled "Automatically restart" option under Advanced System Settings as follows:

Despite this, I don't get the BSOD. The system simply restarts.

So the only option I could think of at my disposal was memory dumps (which thankfully are being created every time the system witnesses such restart!).

I used Nirsoft's BlueScreenView and got the following output:

As you can see, the culprit seems to be ntoskernel.exe.

However, a little reading over the internet suggested related to ntoskernel crash suggested that this is likely to be a drivers issue. But to my disappointment, when I validated this PC's drivers' status with Dell Command Update application, the system already had all relevant drivers installed and updated to their latest versions by Dell's standards.

I also ran the Passmark's Memtest86 testing tool on this system and no problems were reported.

I've run out of ideas at this point so I decided to create this thread.

I ran the Beta Log collector tool and the zip file is attached for your reference (please see DESKTOP-2OOD0RP-(2019-04-16_19-01-26).zip).

Kindly suggest possible issues/troubleshooting steps/solutions.

P.S.: I might be incorrect in posting this thread under the BSOD Crashes and Debugging Forum since this system isn't giving me an actual BSOD. So please let me know in case I migrate this thread to another forum.

3. System restart at unexpected times without BSOD.

Yes. It seems that nothing has been written into the MEMORY.DMP file since 5th March 2019.

But clearly this is the file that's configured in Startup and Recovery settings under System Properties..

Could it be that some other settings are also at play here?

4. System restart at unexpected times without BSOD.

Unexpected BSOD

I thought every BSOD is unexpected, apparently sometimes they are... *Smile System restart at unexpected times without BSOD. :)

blueskynis, May 3, 2019
Thema:

System restart at unexpected times without BSOD.

1. System restart at unexpected times without BSOD. - Similar Threads - System restart unexpected

2. SYSTEM RESTARTING UNEXPECTEDLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM RESTARTING UNEXPECTEDLY: My computer has restarted 4 times in the last 24 hours. I didn't install any updates recently. In event viewer I found this Warning before each of the restarts: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_17E9&PID_037B\233107. How do I fix this?...
  3. SYSTEM RESTARTING UNEXPECTEDLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM RESTARTING UNEXPECTEDLY: My computer has restarted 4 times in the last 24 hours. I didn't install any updates recently. In event viewer I found this Warning before each of the restarts: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_17E9&PID_037B\233107. How do I fix this?...
  4. SYSTEM RESTARTING UNEXPECTEDLY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSoD crashing system unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD crashing system unexpectedly: Hi Folks,I have been facing issue of BSoD since a while and I posted the findings here in community few days back but due to unknown reasons I stopped receiving response from the concerned person on the same.Can anybody help me on the...
  6. Computer unexpectedly restarted without warning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer unexpectedly restarted without warning.: I was watching some videos when the computer just unexpectedly restarted without warning. No error message, no nothing. Specs: Win10 Pro - Intel i7-6700 3.4gHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB VRAM - 16GB RAM - 250GB SSD OS - 3TB HDD I've been running into this issue a lot recently....
  7. Unexpected restart - BSOD

Unexpected restart - BSOD: Hi, I got this issue on today and I have upload the MEMORY.DMP minidump MSinfo32.nfo in here https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap90IevZuJFWiXq7ZdoGvatrLgTf?e=MF5vbn Please help to find the root cause. [IMG]...
  8. BSOD without restarting

BSOD without restarting: Hello. So i have problems with BSOD. Getting them randomly about last 2 months. After BSOD, it never restarts back to windows usage and it is left with 0% done. So i have to always reset it manually by start-up button. What i found out is, that bsod happens only when hdmi is...
  9. System restarted unexpectedly

System restarted unexpectedly: Hi, I was downloading a movie on my PC and was just using my phone, suddenly I noticed my system restarted automatically. I suspected a BSOD, even though I didn't notice. When I checked the minidump folder, I found a .dmp file in there. Hope anyone can help me to find the...
  10. Unexpected Restarts but no BSOD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected Restarts but no BSOD: Over the past 2 days I have experienced 4 (2 each day) shut downs and reboots. All while the PC has been idle for sometime while I'm working on another PC in the same room. Event log screen is attached but the bug check tab has no values. The system is on a UPS and there...