Windows 10: System restarted unexpectedly

Discus and support System restarted unexpectedly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I was downloading a movie on my PC and was just using my phone, suddenly I noticed my system restarted automatically. I suspected a BSOD, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arjun Dinesh, Oct 17, 2018.

1. System restarted unexpectedly

Hi,

I was downloading a movie on my PC and was just using my phone, suddenly I noticed my system restarted automatically. I suspected a BSOD, even though I didn't notice. When I checked the minidump folder, I found a .dmp file in there. Hope anyone can help me to find the reason for the restart.

The minidump file link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjhXda0cEiErgQLNjwiHlkoPp0LV

Please help me.

:)

Arjun Dinesh, Oct 17, 2018
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Oct 17, 2018
  4. System restarted unexpectedly

System restarts on its own

It all began when I changed my CPU cooling. The system runs fine when I play games, pass 3DMark Vantage with no problem, but when I try to play MP4 files with Media Player Classic it restarts after few minutes. Few times it restarts while idle. I reinstall the Vista but it did not help. The CPU is not overheating (actually is 10 degrees cooler now). Any suggestions?

Grasshopper, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

System restarted unexpectedly

1. System restarted unexpectedly - Similar Threads - System restarted unexpectedly

2. Unexpected restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected restart: Greetings, I bought for programming a brand-new powerful Asus laptop 4 months ago and purchased "Windows 11 Pro" operating system for it but 3 weeks ago something went wrong, take into consideration that there is no cracked software I use, everything I've installed is...
  3. Unexpected restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected restart: Greetings, I bought for programming a brand-new powerful Asus laptop 4 months ago and purchased "Windows 11 Pro" operating system for it but 3 weeks ago something went wrong, take into consideration that there is no cracked software I use, everything I've installed is...
  4. Unexpected restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected restart: Split from this thread.My laptop restarted without warning during the middle of a very important conversation mental health crisis response kind of stuff, and when it finally booted back up after 10 minutes, I open it to look at this garbage? I second this person's statement....
  5. Unexpected restart

Unexpected restart: Split from this thread.My laptop restarted without warning during the middle of a very important conversation mental health crisis response kind of stuff, and when it finally booted back up after 10 minutes, I open it to look at this garbage? I second this person's statement....
  6. SYSTEM RESTARTING UNEXPECTEDLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM RESTARTING UNEXPECTEDLY: My computer has restarted 4 times in the last 24 hours. I didn't install any updates recently. In event viewer I found this Warning before each of the restarts: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_17E9&PID_037B\233107. How do I fix this?...
  7. SYSTEM RESTARTING UNEXPECTEDLY

SYSTEM RESTARTING UNEXPECTEDLY: My computer has restarted 4 times in the last 24 hours. I didn't install any updates recently. In event viewer I found this Warning before each of the restarts: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_17E9&PID_037B\233107. How do I fix this?...
  8. SYSTEM RESTARTING UNEXPECTEDLY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. System restart at unexpected times without BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restart at unexpected times without BSOD.: Hello, I'm using this OptiPlex 5055 Ryzen CPU desktop and have uploaded this system's specifications under the "2nd PC Spec" section of my profile. This system often restarts itself at unexpected times, despite the fact that no resource intensive application is run on it...
  10. Unexpected Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected Restart: While I was playing ZDoom 2.7.1, my computer sometimes restarts unexpectedly (Event 41 Kernel-Power): - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...