Windows 10: SYSTEM RESTARTING WHILE WATCHING MOVIES

Discus and support SYSTEM RESTARTING WHILE WATCHING MOVIES in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear All,Since 4 days I am facing a different issue with my PC. My PC Specs: Asus H510 Board/i5-10400 Processor/16GB Ram/500GB Samsung EVO Plus M.2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by G. PhaneendraBabu, May 24, 2022.

1. SYSTEM RESTARTING WHILE WATCHING MOVIES

Dear All,Since 4 days I am facing a different issue with my PC. My PC Specs: Asus H510 Board/i5-10400 Processor/16GB Ram/500GB Samsung EVO Plus M.2 SSD.System restarting with STOP CODE : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly while watching movies. some times restarted while doing excel work.I have reinstalled OS, updated BIOS, changed Processor, RAM and Board also. But problem not solved. Please help me to resolve my issue. For your reference I have shared minidump file.https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArjyJJULx1fnlBUhtQlw3amSDMrp?e=qRVTcZ

:)

G. PhaneendraBabu, May 24, 2022

2. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 24, 2022
  3. speaker crackles when watching movies and listening to music.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the music and movies file. I will certainly assist you.

As per the description, please answer the following queries.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Are you watching the movies online or offline?

3. Is the issue specific to a particular file?

4. Are you getting any error message or error code while you are hearing the "speaker crackles"?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Audio Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Update audio driver software

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, May 24, 2022
  4. SYSTEM RESTARTING WHILE WATCHING MOVIES

How to watch movies using Windows Media Player.

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Go to File Explorer and open DVD drive. Double click on the movie you want to watch.

Or right-click on the movie and select Open with Media Player.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 24, 2022
Thema:

SYSTEM RESTARTING WHILE WATCHING MOVIES

1. SYSTEM RESTARTING WHILE WATCHING MOVIES - Similar Threads - SYSTEM RESTARTING WHILE

2. SYSTEM RESTARTING WHILE WATCHING MOVIES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM RESTARTING WHILE WATCHING MOVIES: Dear All,Since 4 days I am facing a different issue with my PC. My PC Specs: Asus H510 Board/i5-10400 Processor/16GB Ram/500GB Samsung EVO Plus M.2 SSD.System restarting with STOP CODE : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly while watching movies. some times restarted while doing...
  3. SYSTEM RESTARTING WHILE WATCHING MOVIES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM RESTARTING WHILE WATCHING MOVIES: Dear All,Since 4 days I am facing a different issue with my PC. My PC Specs: Asus H510 Board/i5-10400 Processor/16GB Ram/500GB Samsung EVO Plus M.2 SSD.System restarting with STOP CODE : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly while watching movies. some times restarted while doing...
  4. Can't watch movies . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't watch movies . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I have a shortcut,for over 50 movies.For some reason, I can't watch any of them?These are all moviesI've, watched in the past.New or old, I just can't see them.When I try, to watch them. The circle, on the screen.Just, spins...
  5. Watch movie on windows 10 while working on word

Watch movie on windows 10 while working on word: I am unable to watch a movie while working on a word doc i only hear the audio and can't view the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/watch-movie-on-windows-10-while-working-on-word/974e804c-9c0c-4aaf-907a-779cc8b196bc
  6. watching movies

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    watching movies: When I am watching a movie I get an extension popping up wanting to control video. Sometimes when I move my mouse towards it the extension disappears. I can click on the extension but I can not delete the extension. The extension restarts the video at various times and is...
  7. Laptop freezes with buzzing sound while watching movies

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes with buzzing sound while watching movies: Hi, My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 310 15ISK, with intel core i3 6006u processor, 1TB Toshiba hard drive, Nvidia Geforce 920MX 2GB dedicated and 4 GB of RAM. My laptop freezed two times while watching movies on it. It doesn't happen continuously, and at first I took it for...
  8. taskbar ON TOP while watching movie!

taskbar ON TOP while watching movie!: Hey i have problem that my taskbar is always set to "show" but when i play movie but when not fullscreen but maximized then it fits above bar at it should here i posted screen from my screen imgur.com/a/vys2Z5a while playing movie. Also before that happend at one point...
  9. How to watch a movie on movie maker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to watch a movie on movie maker?: Every time I want to watch a video I made on movie maker or edit it (even if it's already been saved) you only get to see it in windows media player, the other problem is, it doesn't let you watch it. I've looked at everything that can help, (I already know, but also not so...
  10. Can't watch 4K movies

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't watch 4K movies: I have searched and searched and tried every "fix" but nothing seems to work. VLC, plays but the video is very laggy with grey pixels everywhere. Windows Media Player has perfect video but no sound. Divx Has video but no sound. Trying to enable sound brings an...