Windows 10: System restarts after locking when RD isn't used

Discus and support System restarts after locking when RD isn't used in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After we started working from home on March, I started using Remote Desktop to connect to my Windows 10 machine. That worked fine, but when I came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenjaminCarleski, Nov 3, 2020.

1. System restarts after locking when RD isn't used

After we started working from home on March, I started using Remote Desktop to connect to my Windows 10 machine. That worked fine, but when I came back into the office in June I noticed that my machine seemed to restart most nights, but not all. Eventually I realized it was restarting when I would leave it either locked or unlocked as it auto-locks after 15 minutes for any longer than about 45-60 minutes it was not consistent, but that it wouldn't restart if I connected to it via Remote Desktop. I took to connecting to it via Remote Desktop from my phone as I was leaving, and ignored it for a while. I'm trying to look into it now, so I've done a number of things to verify it is still a problem that I could use help with.

I tried doing system diagnostics from Lenovo, my laptop maker, which included a multi-hour memory diagnostics. All that came back fine. I tried re-installing Windows, but the problem with the same symptoms has persisted. I have updated all my drivers, and the problem is unchanged; it restarts after about an hour, but not if I connect to it via Remote Desktop first.

I looked through the event log and I can see where it starts back up, but there are no events related to it going down and nothing consistent or abnormal seems to happen before it restarts. I did notice a BSOD a couple of times when I was around when it restarted, and I did see a BugCheck event entry after starting up, which led me tothis post on Driver Verifier and this post on BSOD logs. I have followed the instructions there for turning on Driver Verifier, and was able to reproduce the problem with that turned on. I captured the minidump logs for the past few times, the full memory dump for this last time, and the MSInfo32 output. I've put these in this folder in OneDrive. If anyone is able to help, or point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

:)

BenjaminCarleski, Nov 3, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Nov 3, 2020
  4. System restarts after locking when RD isn't used

little cat, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

System restarts after locking when RD isn't used

1. System restarts after locking when RD isn't used - Similar Threads - System restarts locking

2. Error when restarting system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when restarting system.: Hi, today i got this error when i re-started my system, for sometime I've been having problems of my system crashing and stucking in boot loops. What does that error means and are the two problems related?...
  3. Error when restarting system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when restarting system.: Hi, today i got this error when i re-started my system, for sometime I've been having problems of my system crashing and stucking in boot loops. What does that error means and are the two problems related?...
  4. security change isn't applied after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security change isn't applied after restart: hello there, in the windows security panel, something with a warning appeared a few days ago and according to the following image it says I have to restart my pc to change to be applied but after several times restarting it didn't apply the changes what can I do?...
  5. security change isn't applied after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security change isn't applied after restart: hello there, in the windows security panel, something with a warning appeared a few days ago and according to the following image it says I have to restart my pc to change to be applied but after several times restarting it didn't apply the changes what can I do?...
  6. Windows 10 updates & restarts when computer isn't in "use"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates & restarts when computer isn't in "use": Windows 10's automatic update & restart system needs a serious overhaul - I can't begin to fathom why an OS would assume it's not in use, and safe to update & restart when the CPU is running at 50-60% and is CLEARLY working on something.Why is it set up like this? I...
  7. Mouse back button not working when using RD Client on Android

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse back button not working when using RD Client on Android: When I say "not working", I mean that the back button triggers a right-click action instead of a back action. The mouse back button works in windows 10 when the mouse directly connected to the PC. The mouse back button works on android (within Samsung DEX). The mouse back...
  8. WiFi Adapter isn't recognizable after restart.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter isn't recognizable after restart.: I recently got a Geobook 3. It worked fine at first but when I restarted my laptop, the WiFi adapter was not recognizable and I wasn't able to use the internet. The only temporary solution I have found is to shut down my laptop and then start it again and then it works again....
  9. Windows Restarts when Screen is Locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Restarts when Screen is Locked: For some reason windows restarts my Dell L attitude laptop when I lock my screen (Window Icon + L) and go to lunch or to a meeting or whatever. There are no pending updates in fact today I restarted in the morning for an update or something, and then this afternoon when I...
  10. Numbers lock off when restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Numbers lock off when restarting: After upgrading my Windows 8.1 system to to Windows10 , when I restart or turn on my computer the numbers lock key is not turned on. This may sound trivial, but if I forget about it, my passwords won't work because many of the passwords contain numbers. Is there a way for me...