Windows 10: System restarts automatically while installing software.

Discus and support System restarts automatically while installing software. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 home system. The PC is only a month old. While installing any third party software the system restarts itself. No warning screens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rohan2002, Jul 10, 2020.

1. rohan2002 Win User

System restarts automatically while installing software.

I have a Windows 10 home system. The PC is only a month old.

While installing any third party software the system restarts itself. No warning screens or error messages are displayed. Even if other apps are open in the background the system simply restarts. While normal usage doesn't have this problem, the moment an installer is run, it restarts.

Please let me know if there is any solution.

:)

rohan2002, Jul 10, 2020

2. System restarts automatically?????HELP!!!!!

Turn off Windows Automatic Restarts so you can see what type of BSOD the system is popping.

eidairaman1, Jul 10, 2020
  3. sol_kiwi Win User
    Stuck at Automatic repair mode while installing Windows Updates.

Still on preparing automatic repair

sol_kiwi, Jul 10, 2020
  4. System restarts automatically while installing software.

System shut downs automatically without notification and restarts on Windows 10

Hello James,

As you are facing issues with automatic restart of the device while performing tasks on your device, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• Does this issue persists while performing any specific task on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code when the system restarts automatically?

I suggest you to disable automatic restart on system failure. This prevents Windows from automatically restarting if an error causes Windows to fail.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer.
    • Right click on My Computer/This PC and Select
      Properties.
    • Click on Advanced system settings on the left navigation pane. (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Under the Startup and Recovery,
      select Settings.
    • Uncheck the option Automatic Restart
      under System failure.
    • Click on OK button and close the window.
    Try to use the computer now for some time. Check if the computer is restarting now.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status with the required information. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

System restarts automatically while installing software.

1. System restarts automatically while installing software. - Similar Threads - System restarts automatically

2. System Restart automatically while using

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restart automatically while using: i was build pc recently...since i have issue of reboot automatically..i look for the event views i noticed critical error Event 41 kernal power appear..it says ---The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped...
  3. System Restart automatically while using

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restart automatically while using: i was build pc recently...since i have issue of reboot automatically..i look for the event views i noticed critical error Event 41 kernal power appear..it says ---The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped...
  4. Error While Installing Software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error While Installing Software: Error creating registry key;HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunRegCreateKeyEx failed;code 5.Access is denied.Click Retry to try again,Ignore to proceed anyway,or abort to cancel installation....
  5. Error While Installing Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error While Installing Software: Error creating registry key;HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunRegCreateKeyEx failed;code 5.Access is denied.Click Retry to try again,Ignore to proceed anyway,or abort to cancel installation....
  6. Error While Installing Software

7. Antivirus software automatically installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus software automatically installed...: I have an HP laptop which had Net protector antivirus pre-installed an running. But recently, I just noticed now there is another antivirus software RAV Endpoint Protection. I am not sure if this came pre-installed, has a high chance it wasn't because it wasn't running in...
  8. Antivirus software automatically installed...

Antivirus software automatically installed...: I have an HP laptop which had Net protector antivirus pre-installed an running. But recently, I just noticed now there is another antivirus software RAV Endpoint Protection. I am not sure if this came pre-installed, has a high chance it wasn't because it wasn't running in...
  9. system keeps restart automatically

system keeps restart automatically: Hello dears, i seeking your assistance for the below screenshots , what i shall do to solve it ?[ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/system-keeps-restart-automatically/5d74d9cd-5466-4c17-82fc-27c2211f36e0
  10. system Keeps restart automatically

system Keeps restart automatically: hello dears, i seeking your assistance according to the below screenshots[ATTACH][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/system-keeps-restart-automatically/808e5746-9cb4-4874-ad54-7e3eaa3e2c30