Windows 10: System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files

Discus and support System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is random. I have several Microsoft 365 OneDrive for Business synced and it comes back with random errors but always OneDrive file/ folder as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dannfort, May 20, 2021.

1. Dannfort Win User

System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files

This is random. I have several Microsoft 365 OneDrive for Business synced and it comes back with random errors but always OneDrive file/ folder as the issue.

:)

Dannfort, May 20, 2021
  2. K EOhrn Win User

Restore Fails error 0x80071ac5

This is an ongoing issue.

"System Restore failed while deleting the following file/directory

Path: D:\OneDrive\Personal Vault.lnk"

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80071ac5)"

K EOhrn, May 20, 2021
  3. K EOhrn Win User
    Restore Fails error 0x80071ac5

Tried a Windows Restore in safe mode. Also got a fail.

"System Restore failed to replace the file D:\. . . . with the original copy from the restore point.

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x8007112a)""

K EOhrn, May 20, 2021
  4. Clark Ari Win User

System Restore - System restore failed to extract the file ...... (0x8007005) error

Hi Loucille,

One of the possible reasons why the error code 0x8007005 occurs when performing system restore is due to corrupted system files that caused software conflicts. Since you have tried several steps to resolve the issue, we recommend that you
    perform a System Restore in safe mode. To boot your device in
    safe mode kindly click on this link. This will start Windows in a basic state, using a limited
    set of files and drivers.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If in case that the issue persists, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will be able
    to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore it. We also suggest that you run the DISM command to repair the Windows image on your system. Follow the steps provided
    on this link for the complete guide on how to use
    the tool.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, May 20, 2021
Thema:

1. System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files - Similar Threads - System Restore 0x80071ac5

2. Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system.: I am trying to clone my partition on windows bootcamp using AOMEI Partition Assistant 9.13.1 however it keeps coming up with the error "Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system." I have already tried CHKDSK.EXE in CMD and reinstalling windows however this...
  3. System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files: I attempted to use the windows restore point feature, but after its completion a message similar to this appeared: I have already tried installing one drive and deleting the folder responsible yet this yields no result....
  4. System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files: I attempted to use the windows restore point feature, but after its completion a message similar to this appeared: I have already tried installing one drive and deleting the folder responsible yet this yields no result....
  5. System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 11 System Restore fails for reset of drivers fails due to Error on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 System Restore fails for reset of drivers fails due to Error on OneDrive: My Dell Precision 7560 got BSOD with a newer version of a Realtek driver for Dockingstations and I tried a System Restore.Unfortunately I got multiple times something like:System Restore System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings...
  7. Windows 11 System Restore fails for reset of drivers fails due to Error on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 System Restore fails for reset of drivers fails due to Error on OneDrive: My Dell Precision 7560 got BSOD with a newer version of a Realtek driver for Dockingstations and I tried a System Restore.Unfortunately I got multiple times something like:System Restore System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings...
  8. Restore Fails error 0x80071ac5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Fails error 0x80071ac5: This is an ongoing issue. "System Restore failed while deleting the following file/directory Path: D:\OneDrive\Personal Vault.lnk" An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. 0x80071ac5"...
  9. Restore Failed due to OneDrive Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore Failed due to OneDrive Personal Vault: Restore failed with the following message: Failed while deleting Path D:\OneDrive\Personal Vault.lnk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-failed-due-to-onedrive-personal-vault/6ae85bb9-ac86-41fc-bc57-72739a875c8d
  10. "System Restore failed to extract the file (...\OneDrive) from the restore point."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "System Restore failed to extract the file (...\OneDrive) from the restore point.": Since updating to Windows 1803, system protection does not work. Restore will not restore from the restore point created during the update. Nor will it restore from any new restore point I create. I get the message: System Restore did not complete successfully. Your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an unspecified error occurred during system restore 0x80071ac5

2. windows 10 system restore onedrive error

3. windows restore point fails onedrive