Windows 10: System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files

Discus and support System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I attempted to use the windows restore point feature, but after its completion a message similar to this appeared: I have already tried installing one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FarhanM1, Nov 19, 2022.

1. FarhanM1 Win User

System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files

I attempted to use the windows restore point feature, but after its completion a message similar to this appeared: I have already tried installing one drive and deleting the folder responsible yet this yields no result.

:)

FarhanM1, Nov 19, 2022
  2. K EOhrn Win User

Restore Fails error 0x80071ac5

This is an ongoing issue.

"System Restore failed while deleting the following file/directory

Path: D:\OneDrive\Personal Vault.lnk"

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80071ac5)"

K EOhrn, Nov 19, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Restore Fail Help

Researching the error number, and noting the path relates to icloud - some sort of cloud synching backup? - it is interesting to find this as the first hit, relating in this case to OneDrive:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-ec534e3a6de4 with an identically formatted error.

It does seem surprising this relates to a folder path apparently related to data.

What you might try is running System Restore either in Safe Mode or from Advanced Startup options, but I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Exact same thing here:
    How to handle error message (0x80071ac5) when System Restore fails in Windows 10? | SolveForum

- tends to suggest some flaw related to cloud backup...

My experience - when SR fails there's little hope of getting it working again. When it happened to me- a few months later all was fine again.. maybe after an upgrade (hence try an in-place upgrade repair install as Ghot has advised).

dalchina, Nov 19, 2022
  4. marjasse. Win User

System restore failed while deleting the following file/directory. Path c:\users\TEST\pictures\cloud photos\photos An unspecified error occurred during system restore (0x80071ac5)

I have tried to do this several times and keep getting this error message

System restore failed while deleting the following file/directory.

Path c:\users\TEST\pictures\cloud photos\photos

An unspecified error occurred during system restore (0x80071ac5)

Also I receive the following errors: The app cannot pen ASUS keyboard hotkeys, I cloud tray icon,

I cloud drive, i cloud photos, and cortona

marjasse., Nov 19, 2022
Thema:

1. System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files - Similar Threads - System Restore 0x80071ac5

2. Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system.: I am trying to clone my partition on windows bootcamp using AOMEI Partition Assistant 9.13.1 however it keeps coming up with the error "Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system." I have already tried CHKDSK.EXE in CMD and reinstalling windows however this...
  3. System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files: I attempted to use the windows restore point feature, but after its completion a message similar to this appeared: I have already tried installing one drive and deleting the folder responsible yet this yields no result....
  4. System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files: I attempted to use the windows restore point feature, but after its completion a message similar to this appeared: I have already tried installing one drive and deleting the folder responsible yet this yields no result....
  5. Windows 11 System Restore fails for reset of drivers fails due to Error on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 System Restore fails for reset of drivers fails due to Error on OneDrive: My Dell Precision 7560 got BSOD with a newer version of a Realtek driver for Dockingstations and I tried a System Restore.Unfortunately I got multiple times something like:System Restore System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings...
  6. Windows 11 System Restore fails for reset of drivers fails due to Error on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 System Restore fails for reset of drivers fails due to Error on OneDrive: My Dell Precision 7560 got BSOD with a newer version of a Realtek driver for Dockingstations and I tried a System Restore.Unfortunately I got multiple times something like:System Restore System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings...
  7. System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore 0x80071ac5 error keeps failing due to OneDrive files: This is random. I have several Microsoft 365 OneDrive for Business synced and it comes back with random errors but always OneDrive file/ folder as the issue....
  8. Restore Fails error 0x80071ac5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Fails error 0x80071ac5: This is an ongoing issue. "System Restore failed while deleting the following file/directory Path: D:\OneDrive\Personal Vault.lnk" An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. 0x80071ac5"...
  9. Restore Failed due to OneDrive Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore Failed due to OneDrive Personal Vault: Restore failed with the following message: Failed while deleting Path D:\OneDrive\Personal Vault.lnk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-failed-due-to-onedrive-personal-vault/6ae85bb9-ac86-41fc-bc57-72739a875c8d
  10. "System Restore failed to extract the file (...\OneDrive) from the restore point."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "System Restore failed to extract the file (...\OneDrive) from the restore point.": Since updating to Windows 1803, system protection does not work. Restore will not restore from the restore point created during the update. Nor will it restore from any new restore point I create. I get the message: System Restore did not complete successfully. Your...