Windows 10: System Restore after Crash, now unsolvable Boot Loop

Discus and support System Restore after Crash, now unsolvable Boot Loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear community,unfortunately I have been having some trouble with my pc lately.After my Windows 10 PC didnt start out of nowhere, I tried to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Roman030, May 18, 2021.

1. Roman030 Win User

System Restore after Crash, now unsolvable Boot Loop

Dear community,unfortunately I have been having some trouble with my pc lately.After my Windows 10 PC didnt start out of nowhere, I tried to do a system restore, which didnt help.After trying this again, I am now caught in a boot loop in which I can not enter anything Safe mode, Bios, Boot Menu, only the command prompt window via Shift + L which always closes after around 10 seconds though, so typing in any real command is not possible.The pop up window that shows before my windows tries to reboot says, that the booting and installation of my windows wasnt sucessfull. Could anyone pleas

:)

Roman030, May 18, 2021
  2. Clark Ari Win User

Boot loop

Hi Terri,

This issue occurs when there are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To troubleshoot your boot loop issue, we suggest that you boot in
    safe mode through the Windows
    Recovery
    Environment option. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo appears, unplug and replug the device. Perform these steps three times.
    • On the fourth instance, turn on your device without unplugging it. The Windows Recovery Environment window will appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in
      safe mode.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the Start button, and then select
    Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for
    Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open
    System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic
    app, driver, or update, and then select
    Next > Finish.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, May 18, 2021
  3. Boot loop

Hi Peza333,

Let's try to fix your issue. Please follow the steps below on how to perform a system restore when unable to boot or stuck on boot:

• Start your desktop, and after the manufacturers logo disappears and Windows 10 tries to boot, press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds to perform a hard shut down.

• Do the step #1 until you see the Windows logo screen or Please wait during boot. (You may need to perform this up to
      3 times.)

• After Windows 10 boots into the Windows 10 Recovery Environment (WinRE), you can now access Startup Recovery,
      Safe Mode, and Command Prompt.

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > System Restore,
      and then check if you have a restore point.

• In the list of available restore points, choose the date prior to the issue. Steps can be found in this article on
      how to perform a System Restore. Refer to Restore from a system restore point.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, May 18, 2021
  4. Clamh Win User

Boot loop and I can't use system restore

I got stuck in a boot loop where windows says there was an error and trying to uninstall updates fails. When i try a system restore to a point before the boot loop started it says it failed while scanning drive E:\ with error 0x81000204 it recommended running
    chkdsk /R on drive E:\ but it didn't find any errors and after trying system restore again it gives me the same error message

Clamh, May 18, 2021
Thema:

1. System Restore after Crash, now unsolvable Boot Loop - Similar Threads - System Restore Crash

2. Windows 10 in boot loop after System Restore over 24hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 in boot loop after System Restore over 24hours: Good dayI had to perform a system restore - it has been over 24hours now and stuck in a loop "Preparing Automatic Repair" ... which I did not ask for, only a system restore?I had a search done in the community Q&A, but so many different replies and not sure what to do?Any...
  3. Windows 10 in boot loop after System Restore over 24hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 in boot loop after System Restore over 24hours: Good dayI had to perform a system restore - it has been over 24hours now and stuck in a loop "Preparing Automatic Repair" ... which I did not ask for, only a system restore?I had a search done in the community Q&A, but so many different replies and not sure what to do?Any...
  4. Windows 10 in boot loop after System Restore over 24hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. system crashed and went into a "repair loop" after trying system restore to resolve and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system crashed and went into a "repair loop" after trying system restore to resolve and...: I was trying to assist a a freeing who was now unable to use his preferred email app Thunderbird because it would not recognize his PW. AOL/Verizon and Gmail worked just fine.After uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no success, my friend decided to trying System...
  6. system crashed and went into a "repair loop" after trying system restore to resolve and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system crashed and went into a "repair loop" after trying system restore to resolve and...: I was trying to assist a a freeing who was now unable to use his preferred email app Thunderbird because it would not recognize his PW. AOL/Verizon and Gmail worked just fine.After uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no success, my friend decided to trying System...
  7. system crashed and went into a "repair loop" after trying system restore to resolve and...

8. Boot loop and I can't use system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot loop and I can't use system restore: I got stuck in a boot loop where windows says there was an error and trying to uninstall updates fails. When i try a system restore to a point before the boot loop started it says it failed while scanning drive E:\ with error 0x81000204 it recommended running chkdsk /R on...
  9. Automatic repair boot loop after system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair boot loop after system restore: I recently installed an update through windows update and noticed the wifi wasnt working so i did a system restore, all worked fine until 5 minutes after rebooting when a blue screen came up and now my laptop is stuck in a loop of turning on. Automatic repair failing and...
  10. BSOD after system reset, then stuck in boot loop, now freezes.

BSOD after system reset, then stuck in boot loop, now freezes.: Hey all, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 without a problem, but after a while I thought; why not do a clean install? I went ahead and tried to perform a clean install from the windows 10 settings, and chose all drives, and a quick reset. It then started the process,...