Windows 10: System restore after Pro upgrade

Discus and support System restore after Pro upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a laptop with Windows Home. Wanted to run Hyper-V so I upgraded that to Windows Pro through Microsoft Store. Got that working but it leaves... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RGB44317, May 6, 2021.

1. RGB44317 Win User

System restore after Pro upgrade

I bought a laptop with Windows Home. Wanted to run Hyper-V so I upgraded that to Windows Pro through Microsoft Store. Got that working but it leaves me wondering... If I had to reset to factory install, would I loose the Windows Pro upgrade, and have to pay $99 again, or will it reset to the pro version?Thank you!Rob

:)

RGB44317, May 6, 2021

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, May 6, 2021
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 6, 2021
  4. System restore after Pro upgrade

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, May 6, 2021
Thema:

System restore after Pro upgrade

1. System restore after Pro upgrade - Similar Threads - System restore Pro

2. Windows 11 Pro System Restore Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro System Restore Failure: I'm afraid I'm going to be the umpteen person to report System Restore failures. Having tried every solution I could find, I figured I'd as to see if anyone has any other ideas short of a complete re-install. I wanted to confirm the functionality of System Restore on my new...
  3. Windows 11 Pro System Restore Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro System Restore Failure: I'm afraid I'm going to be the umpteen person to report System Restore failures. Having tried every solution I could find, I figured I'd as to see if anyone has any other ideas short of a complete re-install. I wanted to confirm the functionality of System Restore on my new...
  4. System Restore after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore after update: I have entered my recovery key to "get going again" but cannot move from the screen. It appears stuck or frozen. Has anyone had this happen? I read where a lot of folks had trouble obtaining their recovery key, but in my case I am fortunate to have registered it already....
  5. No bluetooth after system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No bluetooth after system restore: I have restored Windows to a previous version and lost bluetooth in the adapter list. In device Manager there is a device descriptor request error. sfc/scannow, dsim and reinstall in device-manager did not work. Before the system restore I disabled Bluetooth in the adapter...
  6. reactivate store upgraded windows 10 pro after system image restore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reactivate store upgraded windows 10 pro after system image restore: Hi I think the title says it all. I need to re-activate windows 10 pro I got by upgrading from home edition via Microsoft store. I need to reactivate because my laptop broke, sent away for repair, came back reset. So I restored from a recent image I had made with pro...
  7. Warning: System Restore Disabled After 1809 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Warning: System Restore Disabled After 1809 Upgrade: Something that I just noticed after upgrading to Windows 10 1809, is that System Restore has been disabled on all my computers. It would be wise to check your Local Disk (C:) System drive is turned on with the default 15% usage. That's assuming that you use System Restore....
  8. Warning: System Restore Disabled After 1809 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Warning: System Restore Disabled After 1809 Upgrade: Something that I just noticed after upgrading to Windows 10 1809, is that System Restore has been disabled on all my computers. It would be wise to check your Local Disk (C:) System drive is turned on with the default 15% usage. That's assuming that you use System Restore....
  9. Upgrading to W10; System Restore Options

Upgrading to W10; System Restore Options: My PC came with a W8 system image. I generally do a restore to factory settings every few months to keep the PC running clean. Will I be able to do something similar with W10 once I complete the upgrade? If I wish to do that and maintain activation, will I only be able to...
  10. System Restore not creating restore points after Anniversary upgrade.

System Restore not creating restore points after Anniversary upgrade.: Since upgrading system restore is not creating restore points automatically. I have to create them manually and then they are being deleted automatically every 3 - 7 days. I tried allocating more disk space to restore but that has done no good. I also use an uninstaller...