Windows 10: System restore after reinstalling Windows

Discus and support System restore after reinstalling Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran into a BSOD after trying to verify all my drivers, causing my pc to run into the driver verifier detected violation blue screen. I'm trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JasonSkibinski, Jan 10, 2021.

1. System restore after reinstalling Windows

I ran into a BSOD after trying to verify all my drivers, causing my pc to run into the driver verifier detected violation blue screen. I'm trying to complete a system restore because I really don't want to lose everything. I've forgotten the admin password, and it isn't accepting the password for my account. So my questions are

- can I complete a system restore after a reinstall?

- will all three of my storage drives have Windows.old

files?

:)

JasonSkibinski, Jan 10, 2021

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jan 10, 2021
  3. System Restore no worky!

Im running windows xp, and i cant get the system restore to work. i click the system restore tab, but nothing comes up. It all started when i overclocked my vid card. it ran fine for a month, now it keeps freezin my games. the temps stay around 54C load and 40C idle. but its freezin my games, and i want to go back and reinstall everything from the beginning of the month, but i cant. does anyone know how to make system restore come back?

A Cheese Danish, Jan 10, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

System restore after reinstalling Windows

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem restore after reinstalling Windows :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem restore after reinstalling Windows :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

System restore after reinstalling Windows

1. System restore after reinstalling Windows - Similar Threads - System restore reinstalling

2. Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.: This is a new topic, as the previous one was not answered.I have a question about regedit and uninstall. It has the following path: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\". So, does it make sense to export the entire Unistall...
  3. Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.: This is a new topic, as the previous one was not answered.I have a question about regedit and uninstall. It has the following path: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\". So, does it make sense to export the entire Unistall...
  4. Uninstall and restore it after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to restore the system without reinstalling?

How to restore the system without reinstalling?: Hello. How to restore the system without reinstalling Windows 10? What files need to be moved to the hard drive with damaged windows?I don't want to run windows recovery to save the old settings and installed applications.Problem: I rebooted the laptop, the installation of...
  6. How to restore the system without reinstalling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore the system without reinstalling?: Hello. How to restore the system without reinstalling Windows 10? What files need to be moved to the hard drive with damaged windows?I don't want to run windows recovery to save the old settings and installed applications.Problem: I rebooted the laptop, the installation of...
  7. How to restore the system without reinstalling?

8. file restore after reinstallation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file restore after reinstallation of windows 10: I recently downgraded an unintentional windows 11 download back down to windows 10. I used backblaze to back up my files. Maybe I regret that now. I cannot find anything local from my mongodb files. This was unanticipated. I doubt there is but, does anyone know of any restore...
  9. file restore after reinstallation of windows 10

file restore after reinstallation of windows 10: I recently downgraded an unintentional windows 11 download back down to windows 10. I used backblaze to back up my files. Maybe I regret that now. I cannot find anything local from my mongodb files. This was unanticipated. I doubt there is but, does anyone know of any restore...
  10. System Restore or Reinstall Windows 10

System Restore or Reinstall Windows 10: About a week ago I suspected a third party had accessed my computer. Since that time, I have not experienced any unusual activity on my PC. However, I want to be proactive to protect my PC. I realize reinstalling Windows 10 would be a protective corrective action. But...