Windows 10: System Restore after update

Discus and support System Restore after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have entered my recovery key to "get going again" but cannot move from the screen. It appears stuck or frozen. Has anyone had this happen? I read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BarbaraPriborsky, Nov 30, 2020.

1. System Restore after update

I have entered my recovery key to "get going again" but cannot move from the screen. It appears stuck or frozen.

Has anyone had this happen? I read where a lot of folks had trouble obtaining their recovery key, but in my case I am fortunate to have registered it already.

it doesn't seem to be helping me much. I am still stuck on the blue System Restore screen!

:)

BarbaraPriborsky, Nov 30, 2020

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

System Restore after update

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

System Restore after update

1. System Restore after update - Similar Threads - System Restore update

2. Using System Restore After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using System Restore After Windows Update: I saw in google don't install latest windows update if using system restore. So, don't revert windows update after new windows update finish updating right? I scared it will cause stop error and never goes to windows dekstop....
  3. Using System Restore After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using System Restore After Windows Update: I saw in google don't install latest windows update if using system restore. So, don't revert windows update after new windows update finish updating right? I scared it will cause stop error and never goes to windows dekstop....
  4. Using System Restore After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installed update lost after system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed update lost after system restore: I installed a cumulative windows 10 update KB5001391 and after 2 days i restored my system to a previous restore point and now the installed update is gone. However the same update is available for downloading in windows update tab in settings but when i try to install the...
  6. No bluetooth after system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No bluetooth after system restore: I have restored Windows to a previous version and lost bluetooth in the adapter list. In device Manager there is a device descriptor request error. sfc/scannow, dsim and reinstall in device-manager did not work. Before the system restore I disabled Bluetooth in the adapter...
  7. After Macrium restore, Computer stuck updating system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Macrium restore, Computer stuck updating system: I got into trouble trying to figure out that "create an association in default programs." Whatever I did, the machine kept restarting so I just decided to restore from the morning's fresh image. Now it's stuck. I've restored from Macrium quite a few times without incident....
  8. Unable to update Windows 10 after restore the system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to update Windows 10 after restore the system: Hello. Yesterday i made a system restore in my laptpop...and since that moment the windows update give me a error when try to reinstall the update x64 (KB4522355) error 0x80073712 that was already install without problems before i made the restore. Can anyone give some...
  9. System Restore Turned off after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Turned off after updates: I know many have complained that after any major update, Windows turns off System restore and deletes all restore points. Though I can understand why this might be important when a system has been updated I cannot understand why it doesn't automatically create a new restore...
  10. System Restore not working after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 News
    System Restore not working after Windows 10 Update: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]System Restore is one of the best ways to revert to the last stable state in Windows 10. However, sometimes it fails, and one of the conditions, when it does not work, is after a Windows 10 Update. If you [...] This post System Restore not working after...