Windows 10: System Restore - AppX Staging Error

Discus and support System Restore - AppX Staging Error in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Anyone know how to solve this issue which blocks restoring a restore point? Kinda of makes it pointless to create one if it can't restore it at a later... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mkr10001, Jan 15, 2020.

1. mkr10001 Win User

System Restore - AppX Staging Error

Anyone know how to solve this issue which blocks restoring a restore point? Kinda of makes it pointless to create one if it can't restore it at a later date.

I had this a while ago and ended up reinstalling windows, I then discovered it again while troubleshooting a different issue.

Details:
    System Restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point.
    Source: AppxStaging
    Destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps
    An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.

:)

mkr10001, Jan 15, 2020

2. System restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point. Source: Appx Staging

I am running a factory installed Windows10 OS on a Dell XPS13 laptop. Recently I accidentally installed Yahoo Powered search. I think I have deleted all the related files. However I want to run System restore so I can my system back to where it was before.

However when I ran System Restore I got the following error message "System restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point. Source: Appx Staging Destination %Programfiles%\Windows Apps An unspecified error occurred during system restore.
    error 0x80070091"

I have run sfc \scannow and the integrity of the drive came back ok. I ran chkdsk and that came back ok. I tried running system restore in safe mode and I got the same error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

wolfstone636, Jan 15, 2020
  3. mkr10001 Win User

Anyone know how to solve this issue which blocks restoring a restore point? Kinda of makes it pointless to create one if it can't restore it at a later date.

I had this a while ago and ended up reinstalling windows, I then discovered it again while troubleshooting a different issue.

Details:
    System Restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point.
    Source: AppxStaging
    Destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps
    An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.

mkr10001, Jan 15, 2020
  4. System Restore - AppX Staging Error

System restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point. Source: Appx Staging

Hi,

The error code you provided indicates that there is a problem with the Windows update on your computer. This happens when some files are missing on your system. Kindly follow the steps below for us to isolate the issue.

Here are the steps:

• Open your computer settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Sync your settings.
    • Turn off Sync settings.
    • Restart your computer, then check if the same issue will occur.

You can also follow the steps through
    Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool
    to check for any update errors.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. System Restore - AppX Staging Error - Similar Threads - System Restore AppX

2. System Restore Error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Error.: I try to run system restore but keep getting an Unexpected Error "0x80070005". How can I get rid of this error so I can restore? I've tried 3x already. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-error/12c60877-d16f-45d0-b8a8-56b6702ae6f6
  3. Restore is stuck at 43% during resetting stage

Restore is stuck at 43% during resetting stage: I am restoring my laptop to factory settings and it has been stuck at 43% during the resetting stage. Is this normal? It has been over 2 hours. The drive light is no longer blinking and is just steady lit now. I am using Windows 10....
  4. Error in Stage 4 of CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error in Stage 4 of CHKDSK: So, I have a WD My Passport 500 GB. I connected it today, it is showing the drive letter but not the space & explorer stopped responding if I tried to open it. Naturally, I tried to run CHKDSK D: /r /f. But it gave me errors in the stage 4 as follows: I have some very...
  5. error code with system restore

error code with system restore: hi I have error code 81000203 at system restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-with-system-restore/e04d2962-d1e0-4287-ad48-cd4e0a1377d0
  6. System Restore Error 0x8007018b

System Restore Error 0x8007018b: When I try to so a system restore to an earlier point in time I get a message that System Restore did not complete successfully. Message states the System Restore failed to extract the file: (C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-etc, etc) from the restore point. An unspecified error...
  7. system restor error

system restor error: please help me[ATTACH] What can I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restor-error/39c6cd93-5d14-41f1-9c09-57c77c8e1c13
  8. System restore fail error 0x800700b7

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore fail error 0x800700b7: Hello I need help with my windows 10 PC. Every try to restore my computer returns the same error : [img] I don't know where it does come from ... I ran dism check scan & restore + sfc /verifonly & scannow nothing to report for every commands. I did a reinstall with windows...
  9. Error System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error System Restore: Can anyone help me. My laptop gives me error (0x80071160) - system restore failed to extract the file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\wd\WdBoot.sys) from the restore point. Before that I get the blue screen, Says that automatic repari couldn't repair your PC after that performed...
  10. DISM error and system restore error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM error and system restore error: I needed to run system restore because of a bad pool caller. Unabke to load windows. System restore failed. i am trying to run these commands but run into error codes still. Im creating a windows install usb on another computer at the moment. But want to try this first. I...