Windows 10: System Restore - AppX Staging Error

Discus and support System Restore - AppX Staging Error in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Anyone know how to solve this issue which blocks restoring a restore point? Kinda of makes it pointless to create one if it can't restore it at a later... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mkr10001, Jan 15, 2020.

1. mkr10001 Win User

System Restore - AppX Staging Error

Anyone know how to solve this issue which blocks restoring a restore point? Kinda of makes it pointless to create one if it can't restore it at a later date.

I had this a while ago and ended up reinstalling windows, I then discovered it again while troubleshooting a different issue.

Details:
    System Restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point.
    Source: AppxStaging
    Destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps
    An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.

:)

mkr10001, Jan 15, 2020

2. System restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point. Source: Appx Staging

I am running a factory installed Windows10 OS on a Dell XPS13 laptop. Recently I accidentally installed Yahoo Powered search. I think I have deleted all the related files. However I want to run System restore so I can my system back to where it was before.

However when I ran System Restore I got the following error message "System restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point. Source: Appx Staging Destination %Programfiles%\Windows Apps An unspecified error occurred during system restore.
    error 0x80070091"

I have run sfc \scannow and the integrity of the drive came back ok. I ran chkdsk and that came back ok. I tried running system restore in safe mode and I got the same error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

wolfstone636, Jan 15, 2020
  3. mkr10001 Win User

Anyone know how to solve this issue which blocks restoring a restore point? Kinda of makes it pointless to create one if it can't restore it at a later date.

I had this a while ago and ended up reinstalling windows, I then discovered it again while troubleshooting a different issue.

Details:
    System Restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point.
    Source: AppxStaging
    Destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps
    An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.

mkr10001, Jan 15, 2020
  4. System Restore - AppX Staging Error

System restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point. Source: Appx Staging

Hi,

The error code you provided indicates that there is a problem with the Windows update on your computer. This happens when some files are missing on your system. Kindly follow the steps below for us to isolate the issue.

Here are the steps:

• Open your computer settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Sync your settings.
    • Turn off Sync settings.
    • Restart your computer, then check if the same issue will occur.

You can also follow the steps through
    Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool
    to check for any update errors.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. System Restore - AppX Staging Error - Similar Threads - System Restore AppX

2. System Restore Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Error: Good Day, i have issue when i'm click the Recovery Icon. because I want to system restore due to can''t fix the my sound even I've tried the troubleshoot sound problem. Also my Asus Armory Crate when I'm open the program it wont run....
  3. System Restore Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore Error: Hello, I am receiving the message “system restore: to use system restore you must specify which windows installation to restore. Restart this computer select an operating system and then select system restore .” I cannot select an operating system. For background, my pc had...
  4. System Restore Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Error: Hello, I am receiving the message “system restore: to use system restore you must specify which windows installation to restore. Restart this computer select an operating system and then select system restore .” I cannot select an operating system. For background, my pc had...
  5. System Restore errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore errors: I am using the latest build of Windows 11 and lately I have noticed some of my system restore points have been disappearing, despite having plenty of space allocated. There were no explicit errors at first, but now when I start the settings menu I get the following error...
  6. System Restore Error

in Windows 10 Support
    System Restore Error: I've been facing issue while opening system restore. Noticed the problem today morning when the pc automatically went into recovery mode and attempted start up repair. I suspect the problem is related to AOEMI Backupper which i uninstalled (with revo uninstaller) and...
  7. System Restore Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Error: Hi Im having an error when Im trying to do a System Restore. It's like a dropbox cache issue. Can someone help me with this? I dont want to reinstall windows since I have a lot of files in this PC. Best Regards, [IMG]...
  8. System Restore Error.

System Restore Error.: I try to run system restore but keep getting an Unexpected Error "0x80070005". How can I get rid of this error so I can restore? I've tried 3x already. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-error/12c60877-d16f-45d0-b8a8-56b6702ae6f6
  9. system restor error

system restor error: please help me[ATTACH] What can I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restor-error/39c6cd93-5d14-41f1-9c09-57c77c8e1c13
  10. Error System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error System Restore: Can anyone help me. My laptop gives me error (0x80071160) - system restore failed to extract the file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\wd\WdBoot.sys) from the restore point. Before that I get the blue screen, Says that automatic repari couldn't repair your PC after that performed...