Windows 10: System Restore broke all of my downloaded apps; audio is broken still

Discus and support System Restore broke all of my downloaded apps; audio is broken still in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; After a series of Windows 10 updates last week, I started having audio issues - I would get 'cannot find your microphone' messages on Zoom and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by CODeb, Jul 28, 2020.

1. CODeb Win User

System Restore broke all of my downloaded apps; audio is broken still

After a series of Windows 10 updates last week, I started having audio issues - I would get 'cannot find your microphone' messages on Zoom and then audio would be cut. I did a system restore (has always been a go-to fix) and when my computer rebooted, I couldn't open any of my apps, including my Microsoft Office apps. I undid the System Restore and got most of them back (not Camtasia 2020 though - even with an uninstall and reinstall - still won't open).

I still have my audio issue though - I won't double post, but feel free to move this question to that section if needed. I cannot record system audio using Camtasia 2019 from Zoom ('your microphone is not working. please check your connection or use a different mic.') even though I checked the mic before joining the meeting and it worked. I try changing the audio when I get the message, and it appears to work, but still won't record.

I join these meetings muted, either by me (muting via Zoom) or with all participants muted by the presenter. As soon as I get this message - about 4 minutes into the meeting - I can no longer speak in the meeting but I can hear, and the system audio stops being recorded by Camtasia. This has always worked fine for me prior to last week - I have done this for years. Camtasia does record system audio just fine from YouTube, etc. - it seems like it is just an issue with live meetings. Any ideas? My current Windows 10 is KB2993939 and then after that, KB4565633. I have paused updates for the moment.

Thanks!
    Deb

:)

CODeb, Jul 28, 2020

2. Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Audio Completely Broken in my HP Windows 10 PC

Hi Greg, I tried all of the steps you listed in order and my audio still remains the same System Restore broke all of my downloaded apps; audio is broken still :( I'm not sure what else to do because this is now the second time I have reset my PC and my audio still has a red x.

jakeapotts, Jul 28, 2020
  4. System Restore broke all of my downloaded apps; audio is broken still

Store app broken

Still have the problem, even after a reboot. I'm not sure what update broke this, but I think I'll have to do a System Restore back a couple of days.

fireshaper, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

System Restore broke all of my downloaded apps; audio is broken still

1. System Restore broke all of my downloaded apps; audio is broken still - Similar Threads - System Restore broke

2. After System Restore My all softwares/apps are gone , they are not showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After System Restore My all softwares/apps are gone , they are not showing: I bought a new laptop on 11/05/2021 and on 15/05/2021 I download all my required software like sublime text and android studio ect. But due to some issue I have to restore my laptop and restore point is on 11/05/2021.After restore system I can my all the file all softwares...
  3. Broke all my app and shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broke all my app and shortcut icons: I had 3 rows of shortcuts on my Desktop win10 and didn't like the clutter to I made a new folder on desktop and placed the 3 rows of shortcuts in there. Immediately all the icons went blank white and even placing them back on desktop doesn't fix it. I tried right clicking...
  4. Windows10 system restore broken? I think I still have all my files because when I right...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 system restore broken? I think I still have all my files because when I right...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EdgyD3ATH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfeowi/windows10_system_restore_broken_i_think_i_still/
  5. System restore broke everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System restore broke everything: After doing some things and installing things I no longer needed I decided to restore to a point I created manually before doing the things. The system was working fine but I decided to give this system restore a try. After waiting for hours it finally finished... Everything...
  6. All not Windows Apps are disappeart after system restore

in Windows 10 Support
    All not Windows Apps are disappeart after system restore: My laptop Windows 10 Home Version 1909 was automaticly updatet. After small problems in a program I triad to restore the system as usually by going back to a earlier restore point. But no restore point was found in 1909. I found a new box for restoring the system which I...
  7. My app audio in advanced app settings is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    My app audio in advanced app settings is broken: My app audio in settings is broken and keeps going from 0-100 rapidly and makes my audio either not work or sound Studer because of it going to 0-100! This is very annoying please help....
  8. not only no audio but ALL my system restore points have been deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not only no audio but ALL my system restore points have been deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: no audio NO system restore!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-only-no-audio-but-all-my-system-restore-points/30f8d42d-5601-4eb9-be7e-f9128f276b20
  9. system restore broke computer

system restore broke computer: I used system restore and now my computer wont boot. Im on failed automatic repair. Other restore points fail. I even get an error on restting the PC. I have an omen desktop with Windows ten, only a couple years old. No recent changes to the pc other than accidentally...
  10. System Restore is a totally BROKEN option

System Restore is a totally BROKEN option: Hi, after my notebook automatically gave me this month's disastrous updates and everything got messed up i decided to use the 'System Restore' point that was created just before the update. (the option to return to previous version of win10 had already passed after 12h, or...