Windows 10: system restore broke computer

Discus and support system restore broke computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used system restore and now my computer wont boot. Im on failed automatic repair. Other restore points fail. I even get an error on restting the PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Adam46272883, Jul 13, 2019.

1. system restore broke computer

I used system restore and now my computer wont boot. Im on failed automatic repair. Other restore points fail. I even get an error on restting the PC.

I have an omen desktop with Windows ten, only a couple years old. No recent changes to the pc other than accidentally deleting a Minecraft file...

:)

Adam46272883, Jul 13, 2019

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update broke my computer?

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger Safe Mode through the Windows
    Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
    • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
    • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore
    point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View by, click Category and select Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Melowin Mar, Jul 13, 2019
  4. system restore broke computer

System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

system restore broke computer

1. system restore broke computer - Similar Threads - system restore broke

2. System Broke - SOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Broke - SOS: A while ago I was installing Puppy Linux on my Windows XP, but eventually I wanted to delete it, so I deleted “menu.last” and the OS files, but turns out that was a wrong delete. It eventually became so that I think the only solution is to format the system again I don’t have...
  3. System Broke - SOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Broke - SOS: A while ago I was installing Puppy Linux on my Windows XP, but eventually I wanted to delete it, so I deleted “menu.last” and the OS files, but turns out that was a wrong delete. It eventually became so that I think the only solution is to format the system again I don’t have...
  4. computer will not system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer will not system restore: cannot get system restore to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-not-system-restore/b6d54aa0-fde6-4afe-b8e1-fb3fc513261f
  5. computer will not system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer will not system restore: cannot get system restore to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-not-system-restore/b6d54aa0-fde6-4afe-b8e1-fb3fc513261f
  6. computer will not system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Restore System Image on many computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore System Image on many computers: Hi,I have 5 laptops exactly the same DELL model, I want to have a single Image System with some software and customizations to restore time to time to all this laptops and if I have to do any change, revert directly to all the laptopsIs it possible to have ONE Image System to...
  8. update broke my computer and can't restore image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    update broke my computer and can't restore image: feature update to windows 10 version 20H2 broke my computer a few days ago. it was an optional uodate when i installed it. windows would not boot at all. tried to load my system image and windows cold not see it even though i confirmed it was there. had to reinstall windows...
  9. System restore frozen on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore frozen on my computer: My computer is stuck in System Restore, has been for over 24 hours. I can turn off the computer but when I turn it back on it comes up with the same "Please wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored System Restore is restoring the registry" I cannot do...
  10. System restore broke everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System restore broke everything: After doing some things and installing things I no longer needed I decided to restore to a point I created manually before doing the things. The system was working fine but I decided to give this system restore a try. After waiting for hours it finally finished... Everything...