Windows 10: System restore confusion.

Discus and support System restore confusion. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; "Settings > System > Storage > System & reserved > System restore" reports 6.11 GB. "System properties > System protection > Configuration" reports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Jul 26, 2021.

1. rdwray Win User

System restore confusion.

"Settings > System > Storage > System & reserved > System restore" reports 6.11 GB. "System properties > System protection > Configuration" reports 1.80 MB I have run "SFC /scannow" and "Chkdsk" as administrator with no resolve. EDIT: Found the problem, I was selecting the wrong drive

:)

rdwray, Jul 26, 2021

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jul 26, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem restore confusion. :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem restore confusion. :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

1. System restore confusion. - Similar Threads - System restore confusion

2. System restore confusion.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore confusion.: "Settings > System > Storage > System & reserved > System restore" reports 6.11 GB. "System properties > System protection > Configuration" reports 1.80 MB I have run "SFC /scannow" and "Chkdsk" as administrator with no resolve. EDIT: Found the problem, I was selecting the...
  3. System Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore: Hi I accidentally backed up my portable sat-nav into my windows 10 and now the memory is full. Does anyone know how to restore the system in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/021c72ee-993a-4da4-b0fa-50187bb87dc0"
  4. system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system restore: My system restore is greyed out. This is a home built computer. I have a SSD 5G as my C drive. Just noticed this, installed windows 10 student in January. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/cf9ca48a-a20a-4297-8ab1-35c54fb7f1e4
  5. System Restore

System Restore: System Restore only goes back 30 Days. Need to go further back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/b08a58db-0a13-4c6b-93e0-d2fc4ae33b34
  6. operating system - much confusion!

operating system - much confusion!: One of my machines is an Acer Aspire 5333 - this has at present a 32 bit win 10 installation. Processor is an Intel P4600. Having googled around I have conflicting results to say the laptop will not take a 64 O/S system, whereas other sources say it will. If I go to the...
  7. System Restore

System Restore: Hi whenever I use system restore it says it was not succesful, i've tried many diferent resore points and done it in safe mode with no success, any ideas please? I'm using windows 10...
  8. system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system restore: Hello I just did a system restore and cannot find my devices or drivers. How can I fix it? I also can't get my homescreen to a full screen. I have tried to do this by using the arrows to fill the screen. I do have a full screen on my screen saver. I'm not tech savy at all....
  9. System Restore....a bit confused

System Restore....a bit confused: I recently upgraded from Win 7 to 10, and when exploring my Control Panel, I found the category "Backup and Restore - Windows 7". I was actually looking for "System Restore" that I had in Win 7 Where could I find/set a restore point? Is it possible to set a restore point in...
  10. System Restore

System Restore: Unable to find System Restore function in W10.Could someone please guide me on how to find this very valuable tool which has rescued me many times. 20502